1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rare or Hard Dolls to Get?

Jun 25, 2016

1. Doll Chateau's Russel on the Ada body. I might just buy one on the original body and then find a different body for him.

2. The rarest doll I know is miadoll's babylamb, but I saw a lot on Instagram.

3. The Limited Soom Idealian releases like Kay, Garion etcetc, I'm looking everywhere for a Human Narmer T_T, it had one batch in 2016, they're also incredibly pricey. :(

4. I'd say any of the Luts Delf art dolls. Some are 1 of 1 limiteds. My grail is the Delf Art Smoky Quartz Shiwoo. There are only 5 worldwide. :sweat

5. That’ll be PhantomDoll Siamese & Korat, the predecessors of Glorydoll Louis.

They were released in super small quantities, in 2007 someone on DoA pointed out the bodies were Happydoll copies & the hands were Luts copies & the website was closed soon after.

Bodies aside, true to their name Siamese & Korat had adorable eyes, noses & small heart shaped faces that were very feline looking.

I had a Louis at one point but it just wasn’t the same, he was more chubby in the jowls & had more European features.

I’ve an all tiny household now but I’d probably still buy a Siamese head in a heartbeat.

Resin Unoa Lights are pretty rare too since they were replaced with vinyl versions awhile back.

Also not a defunct company but Youpladoll Zopas seem to have been released in super small quantities, I hardly see any of those cheeky little faces around.

6. Try to find a Glorydoll Noel/Noen, it's the same sculpt as Siamese but with human ears. I manage to score one on Y!J and he's super awesome.

My ultra-rare obscure grail would have to be Immortality of Soul's Isis. He's not even listed on their site anymore though the old site had photos of him that I saved. He was a MSD child version of their first line of grumpy anime boys like ASYD, Garsh and Gin. He was never released outside of Korea and I've never seen one anywhere in the wild, for any price.

I'd also kill for a Souldoll Fairy Warrior- a very limited tan elf boy from around 2006 when they were still selling single jointed dolls like Paris.

#66 Reshana, Jul 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    7. Congrats on scoring an amazing find on y!j, I’ll keep an eye out for him too!

It’s kinda surprising to see so many souldolls mentioned as rare grails considering they weren’t that popular back in the day save for Chiron maybe?

Thanks for the tip & good luck with your search!

8. Any doll I'm looking for that isn't a basic or currently for sale. Most bjds are limited and sold out, and pretty darn rare.

I usually buy what I want when they are on sale to save myself grief... but I've had to look around for some before. Most, even the really rare ones--can be found if someone hunts long enough and hard enough, I think.

One that I wouldn't mind going on sale again (I have seen some--but at too-high prices):

Mewiefish Bactro

9. La Légende de Temps's Black Pearl sculpt. It was the first and only time the artist made him available.

10. For me, Enaibi Satyne or Airelle as she doesn't produce them as often anymore and usually doesn't sell her dolls overseas :(

11. I own one of the few I-So ever made; back when SD was going to discontinue him they allowed people to order him separately (they didn't sell heads by themselves quite often, like they seem to do now). I recall there was a discussion thread or for those who got him, I think there were like three people, including me -- he wasn't very popular, so there's probably not that many of him.

Another doll that's probably pretty rare also by SoulDoll, is their Haughty Paris; I only ever saw one of them on DoA, but Paris was a rather unpopular sculpt. I don't think many versions of his half-sleepy-eyed sculpt would be that much more popular than the original. I always wanted to own one, but back when they released him I was broke and still in college. I had other priorities sadly, so I wasn't able to get him -- they refused to sell only heads back then, so it was very painful but at least I will always have my original Paris, even if looking at him makes me a bit sad that I'll never have the Haughty version. DX

I have a soft spot for SoulDoll Sculpts, so I also own a SoulDoll Chu, which is another of their unpopular sculpts that got discontinued early in its existence. I was always hoping they would release their centaur with the upgraded body they kept talking about, but they never did, and probably never will. He's way massive for me, but I really wanted to own one. The all black resin version of their Bebe Aku is probably another rare doll by them, I think they were limited edition of 10, but I feel like they had them for sale for a long time before they finally sold out. I also wanted one, but I already owned (and still do) the original white one, so I decided that I didn't need two of the same doll in different colors (I kind of still regret that).

12. @Enzyme, you were lucky to glom unto I-So! I was just starting in the hobby when he appeared and, although I was aware of Souldoll, I wasn't yet into the larger male dolls so I never saw him until much later when I spotted him on flickr.
      So much depends on being on the right site at the right time!

13. Phanuel, I do feel very lucky to own I-So and many other now discontinued sculptsm mostly by SoulDoll. I completely agree with you, like with many other collectible hobbies, it's all about timing. If you are in a hobby for long enough, you'll get to see a lot of cool toys and brands disappear over the years, and if you're lucky you'll get to own a few of those toys as you grow with the hobby. Luckily, most of the time I have been able to get the sculpts I wanted (sadly Haughty Paris wasn't one of them). (:

14. the sugerable genie ive been wanting him for so so long but he is no where to be found as he was a event doll and there were only so much of him around xD i see one person i follow with him and shes just made me want him so so much xD but as hes so special i dont ever see him going on the second hand market that i could afford when i eventually got the money

15. Angel Region Lillica. I would say the chances of finding one are pretty much nil.

Although I did just find a head I thought I never would - Nefer Kane's Komeko. She sent an email with a link to her summer sale and lo and behold, there was one of my grail heads on the list! (Yes, this is the one with all the eyes. Like with DC Elizabeth, I Googled pics of her thinking I would be creeped out, but was smitten instead.)

16. Hopping on the Souldoll train here, but I have been on the lookout for a Souldoll Kanguk or Tae (or, to a lesser extent Lee Jun Ki) and have only ever managed to find a handful of owner photos and I, personally have never seen a sale thread for any of them.

I've said it before but man... I really should've bought Tae when I had the chance.

17. My hardest to get doll so far has to be my Dollfie Dream Chihaya Kisaragi head. Not only is she a very rare sculpt, normally she's also practically unaproachable in regards of price. My Venitu and cream white Soom York would have taken the cake if they hadn't both been lucky secondhand market finds, the price and color and timing was right for both of them so I cannot claim I struggled to get my hands on them.

My impossible dream right now is to own a Dust of Dolls Cham. I used to adore, and still am head over heels with, the Nabi sculpt, but they recently unveiled their newest girl, Byul, and she shot straight at my heart. I'd litrally do anything to own either of them but considering the reluctance of DoD to sell certain sculpts, be it on location or preorder, it's very unlikely I'll be able to get my hands on one...

18. tbh I'd sell a number of organs to put one of Enaibi's Carmalynes and/or Brimbelles in my collection. Also Akhmel's dolls. They're so gorgeous and I really wish I had an Aki or Akh in a translucent resin color.

I have a small amount of very difficult-to-find dolls. The first one that comes to mind is my little moth made by Vertales. She only made four moth fullsets and they were each unique. I adore him to bits. The other is DreamHigh's Kinoko of which only 35 were produced, though most of DreamHigh's sculpts are very limited.

19. I never thought I would ever get a 5th Motif Venitu, and he was the one doll I wanted, but I finally found one after years. It takes time and a lot of searching

20. I haven’t been able to find a perfect hikari genji from Volks. All the ones I’ve seen have been sanded or the body was switched to a different type stiffness like that.