1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rare or Hard Dolls to Get?

Jun 25, 2016

1. @AceDragonElf I'm crying that lizard is so beautiful I wish I could buy one ;_;

2. For me it would be Popodoll Ramiel! Definitely not rare, but it is limited. Altho I havent came accross this doll without directly searching for it so probably very few people owns it. But my, I just love how unique the sculpt is. If only I had a chance Id definitely get one myself. :(

My crew isnt fantasy and Id like to do their faceups myself as much as possible. But Popodoll Ramiel will be an exception. :...(

3. I once attended a meetup where a person modded a head to resemble Groot.

4. My rarest doll is Souldoll Xii. He was made when they were transitioning bodies & was only available for about a month. Not being promoted, I suppose not many people own him. If you do, I'd love to hear from you. I saw him on their site & when I checked back a week later he was no longer there. Thank goodness Contemporary Dolls had one ordered so I grabbed him. He has a gorgeous face. Another unusual doll in my collection is the full set Boding, Boding Sharmin. Only 10 were made & I was lucky enough to find one secondhand.

5. I don't really have anything too unusual, but I'd say my rarest doll is probably my Elfdoll Won, Zander. He was only available for one year (2010-2011), was the last boy created by Rainman, and the company has since separated from Rainman, so a re-release is probably never going to happen.

[​IMG]

6. I have a few that are fairly uncommon!

I have a tan skin Minifee Liria! Liria was limited and I haven't seen too many tan skin versions around. Mine is modded from a sleeping face to have dreamy open eyes but I'm going to have them modded to look like the regular open-eye Liria sculpt. Also from Fairyland, I have have my grail, a Realpuki Pupu <3 and I'm in the process of getting a face painted for my Pukifee Nanuri 16. Otherwise I have a Rosen-Garden Fleur, who is a tiny little artist doll and an absolute beauty, and a Lati Blue and two Lati Yellow Specials - pretty uncommon sizes.

7. I have a limited Dream High Studios Aldou. If I recall correctly, only 35 were made. I honestly wish it wasn't limited so there would be more around. Or so I would feel less awkward about modding mine.

8. I'd love to have a Bactro! I hope she gets a re-release some day. I purchased Absynthe on the last Ldoll in France and I had the chance to see Bactro in real live (though she was not for sale, but only for display) and I am so in love! I would not hesistate to order her!

9. @Sandwich, thank you! It's great to see all the other creations too.

10. Oooh, Absinthe is a fantastic doll! Congratulations!

I was at L-Doll. :D (That is a fantastic doll show! We traveled far to get there--from California!) I had pre-ordered a mini-Bactro and picked it up there... if I had not bought that, I would have bought Absinthe. I still like the original Bactro, but I now think I will never get one.

11. I almost bought a mini bactro, too, but I had already spent so much money there, I was nearly broke... now I regret it... I should have bought one of the little cuties:roll:

#113 Lornica, Mar 29, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2019
    12. I totally understand. I have been looking with longing at Absinthe! But... I already bought too many dolls at L-Doll. :sigh

====================

Back to rare dolls... Seriously, every bjd is rare once you dress it and have eyes and wigs that you wish... and even the most common dolls get rare as time goes on. There used to be so many CP/Luts Els out there that it was dubbed The El Army... and seriously, there were TONS of them... but you rarely see them these days...

13. RIngdoll's old limited edition.
      They are really great, but I am not into this habit when those doll come out, so I miss the chance to buy them , so regreted.

14. I would say ringdolls zombie sol. first, it was a limited edition doll back in 2012 and I have never even seen anyone own one. I love zombies so much so it would have been a dream if something like him would come back *_*or if I could have the opportunity to get my hands on one.

15. Not super rare but for hard to find for me is bishonen house dolls, not even counting the super limited editions of 5 he made for 2.0 tyler. They just have such a unique style and don't even sell for very high, there were a few sales last year that I missed.

16. Super hard to find, I think: Dollzone Anson and Moment, with the flower heads and bodies. They're lovely, but really hard to find, and probably a pain to ship...
      Also, I missed out on getting DC Carol and DC Jodie. Both are hard to find second-hand. (Hilary is a lot easier to find than Jodie.)

17. I like egyptian mythology and soom's jackal head seems so hard to get it. Also gluino grey skin is hard to find too.