1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

rasta brownie by ccc

Dec 7, 2009

1. yeah well they are cast in indonesia, but it's a small company...so I don't want them to rush, because I like the quality of these dolls.....I know charles dolls were the first that I was totally in love with...after all the lovely girl dolls suddenly there was yoshi....so different and fairy tale like...so as soon as they were available I orderd yoshi and kayu...then came faith....and then I wanted all of them so next were 4 fauns...but I had to stop, because I don't want to get to many dolls, because I love to display them in my glass-case.....so now I only buy the ones that I really can't resist like bailey rose....I know marley is so pretty too...but bailey won't be alone he can play with my realpuki's and with fidelia, fuuga and many others...but if charles comes out with something I can't resist I can always sell some dolls that are pretty...but to human?

2. Hiya, DarkStar! Yes, I have most certainly been bitten by the CCC virus. And it was just as you described—I thought it would be nice to have “just one” to take care of and admire. :roll: LOL... It will definitely be worth the wait, I’m sure.

Wilkies, just visited your flickr site. You have a wonderful collection of tinies! So very nicely dressed, as well, I must say.

3. just want to keep this thread alive.
      I wonder when all the vampire dolls are coming and neo yoshi etc...
      If I will have to wait until they are send....I haven't seen any of them, so I guess they are not here yet...there are people waiting for fuuga's, but here is bailey spam made from ccc pictures.

4. Love that photo, Wilkies. I am getting excited about my little Brownie, too. I do hope that Charles can work through his troubles and get his company back on track with timely shipments and the same high quality products he has always had. Such a talented man and his creations are unlike anything else, sending good thoughts his way-

5. Brownies are so adorable. As soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted one! I can't resist the Chocolate colour, either. I want mine to be a little Sandman that is sleepy all the time. Pure and innocent. ^o^

6. There is a beautiful reggae song, diffrent colours, one people The Brownies from Charles are adorable.

7. just a new picture, wishing charles some love.....hope he is going to feel better soon. just want to keep this alive....they are so pretty.

8. yes I bought a house for my brownie...well its more of an island:)
      a beautifull pumpkin house made by a talented lady...he will love it!

9. I looooooooooooove this so much WIlkies! Can't wait to see your little Brownie living in his Punkin' House!
      Does your little cutie have a name yet? And since he is a Brownie, does he have a job? I am so curious to see him interact in the special world you have created for all of your little fairys, elves and little beings.
      I have no idea "who" my little one is going to be, if he will live in Tilly Moon's world or inhabit one of his own, but I do know for sure that he will be still a very young Brownie (aren't most supposed to be old men?). Can't wait to meet him!

10. Oh, good! We have quite a few familiar faces here - lots of Brownie adopters! I can't wait to see the size compared to the Fireflies. I suspect mine will spend a lot of time with Jolly and Glee (my FL Soso and Tyni). Hopefully they won't pick up any tricksy habits though! (Well, Glee is sweet and a good boy, but sometimes that Jolly can be a handful. LOL! Actually, he's not even really a handful, he is so small!) wilkies, that place is just incredible! I think some of your other little faeries are going to be envious of that one Brownie living in what is clearly a pumpkin palace!

11. the brownie has the same size as the realpuki's on this picture he is next to fuuga
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/31829030@N02/4165562189/
      and I am sure he won't get a change to live on his own there:)

I think the pumpkin house will be here before the brownie so others will sure inspect the place..
      not sure if he is going to be a real brownie..
      I was reading in arthur spiderwick's field guide(a great book with beautifull drawings and really looking a bit old )
      http://www.amazon.com/Arthur-Spider...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264630343&sr=8-1

but he is more a new undiscoverd creature...he has a bit of the brownie, a bit of a pixie etc.....it will be my flakeling (from the flakeling tales http://www.blackshearonline.com/cgi...864362&page=1&placeonpage=2&totaldisplayed=20) although he won't get the blue nose and mouth
      his name will be duane
      The boy's name Duane \
      du(a)-ne\, also used as girl's name Duane, is pronounced d'wayn. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "dark, swarthy". Historical: many Irish and Scottish names have the meaning "dark" or "black". Most Gaels had brown hair and dark skin coloring that contrasted with the fair hair and pale skin of Norwegian and Swedish invaders. Duante (d'wan-TAY) is a contemporary creation.

12. I have so many assorted sprites and pixies that one of these days I should sit down with a Spiderwick and Froud and try to give them a little better identities! I just tend to dump most of them under the category of "fae" even if they don't have pointy ears, like my Toadstool, Sweet William (but most of them do have the fairy ears - that is my big weakness!).

Surely someone is going to come along and stake out that pumpkin for a nice place to stay! I hope it is someone who will like Duane (wonderful name!) and vice versa. I am thinking Tinker and Wicket for the names of mine. I had a wonderful cat when I was a girl named Tinker. And I just like the way Wicket sounds with it!

13. yes I know what you mean.....I have a lot of creatures which I all call fairy's

I used to make dolls myself...they never were real human but all fairy like.
      I have some tiny's that I don't like to much anymore:? sorry this sounds so decadent, but I am going to give them new looks so I will like them again,,,and they are not going to be human:)

I love the names tinker and wicket...they will have fun with jolly and glee!!!
      I hope the firefly's won't get to upset with all these naughty ones hanging around.

Love all sorts of fairy ears...the brownie's are having such cute droopy ears .
      and the realpuki's cute pointy ears

14. The Realpukis certainly do have amazingly wonderful ears! But I very much like Fidelia and Fuuga's ears too -- they are just the cutest size and shape! Oh, wilkies, I hope you will let some of your little dolls you made inhabit your BJDs' little world! We would love to see them - I'm sure they are wonderful because you are so creative and everything you do looks so authentic for these dolls (I still marvel over your underwater scene for the mermaid Elfdoll girls). Every so often I will pick up a little sculpture that someone has done that fits that sort of fae feel and tuck him or her into pictures or have them living with my dolls. I like the "differentness" of the little artist sculpts and it makes that doll world seem fuller with more odd little inhabitants to share their space.

15. most of the dolls I made are bigger, I do have one tiny left I think and some bears :)
      I will make some pictures of the dolls I have left and put them on my flickr:)
      when I had my limhwa I made pictures of her and all the dolls I have (sure there are other dolls in the house) and made an album with it..so funny.
      I think I will make a picture of every doll and put them on my flickr that's fun, then I can still add pictures to a doll every day:)

16. I am looking forward to seeing that, Wilkies! I do so love your pictures. I love the name Duane and to know it's meaning. So yours will be a boy, too? Something about the sculpt just screams out boy to me.
      And I adore the names Tinker and Wicket, so clever! I wish I could come up with some cute names, but lots of time still I am afraid. Anyone got a change on their order yet? Mine is coming from DDE and they have that announcement up--hope their order comes in, but have no idea if mine will be part of the promised delivery or not, (still have to finish paying for him, lol)

17. I think it may be a while before we see our Brownies. I am watching now to see when my Ophelia Licorice ships (she may be waiting for my IF) because I know Sweetly Twisted finished her face up recently. Then we have the Neo Yoshis and Naonies to go and after that the vamp Fidelias and Hunters. THEN the Brownies! I am still playing around with the idea of one being a girl and one being a boy. Probably won't know until I get them and feel their "vibe."

18. yes it will take a long time before the brownie's will come...you know I am hoping now it will be before summer:)

19. I agree, wilkies, but Spring would be a nice time for them to come to their new homes!

20. That little pumpkin house is freakin amazing! The pumpkin is one of those Funkins right? Very smart lady who put that treasure together.