1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raurencio Studio Calian

Jul 19, 2009

1. :D He's amazing! Intense and intelligent for sure, and powerful, too. He just exudes presence.

He is exactly what I have been looking for to embody my Altennimer. Maybe even better than the Vincent Valentine Minimee head I have been coveting. What a stunning boy from every angle. I can't wait to make him mine.

2. I do have a question. They say that he is normal skin, but he looks beauty white to me. Does anyone know if Raurencio's resin is a match for Soom? Either BW or NS?

3. it really is refreshing to see such a sexy manly man being released; wow, i desperately need an excuse to get this guy :D

4. Ooohhh... I think I may have found my dark elf archer :drool Holy Mcgillacutty he's a looker!

5. Um...forget the Elysium Hugo. If I ever EVER get the dolls for that story, he is my Knute. *drool*

Even though...he's way too tall... Maybe he'll fit on a short Elfdoll body (j/k - I know he won't >.<) Damn you Knute for being 5'2" in boots.

6. He looks handsome! But somehow I feel the urge to change him into a strong woman. *hides*

It doesn't match with Soom BW or NS. Raurencio resin seems to be the same as Unidoll and in my experience it sometimes turns white on the pictures. :sweat I got that problem allot XD.

7. Soom WS is much more lighter. Ns is totally different.

If Raurencio is what I understand the same as Unidoll,
      I can tell that Unidoll "NS" matches Dollzone white skin and close to AOD WS.
      However if you find yellowed Soom Ns it might match too. (I have older Sabik head on older DZ body, there is very little difference.)

8. Isabeau: I have all 3 - Soom NS, WS and Raurencio - and can tell you straight out that it's not going to work. NS is much darker/pinker, and Raurencio is more coloured than WS. Though maybe with a bit of blushing it could work.

In other news, this guy's awesome! He reminds me a little of Cloud, from FF7. Raurencio Studio keeps coming up with interesting, unique sculpts. I hope this one's a winner ^^

9. I measured how tall he is to get an idea, and that kinda gave me second thoughts o_O But..they seem to have faded xD I want a tall doll and he has to be the one..

10. Wow. Just - wow. I really don't think I should look him up on their website. Cos if I do, I just might have to readjust my to-buy-list ...

11. Agree.
      Raurencio just keep coming up with beautiful sculpts.
      Now, I only hope they will have two pieces torsos.... I've always have hard time sitting my boy....

12. :o:o:o

...Sweet mother of God, welcome to my wishlist Calian.

FINALLY a smiley big, muscular guy that doesn't quite touch 70 cm!! Thank-you Raurencio Studio, thank-you!! :...(:aheartbea

13. I really like his face it looks like the cover art drawings of Michael Moorcock's character Elric.

I've seen a couple of Raurencio dolls in person and I'm not happy with the way the head and neck meet up. The hole in his head is so far forward that his chin barely has enough room to stand out from the place where they join. It make him look like he's pulling his face way back. I'd be tempted to fill the neck hole and move it back so that the nice strong chin can make a nice strong profile.

14. Really? That sounds mighty odd! :? I suppose as you said though, modding might do the trick---maybe Calian's head is different? it would help if we could see some profile pics of his sculpt specifically...

15. I think I know what you mean.. (looking at my Baal)
      It's true that Raurencio's neck movement is very limited...

All the way to the front..
      [​IMG]

To the back
      [​IMG]

To the left
      [​IMG]

To the right
      [​IMG]

16. Another gorgeous man for my wishlist. Now, to start saving!

Now, the dilemma becomes do I want to get this beautiful boy instead of the new Saint head I've been saving for? *Sigh* This is a decision I'm not looking forward to making.

17. That sounds a little like my Migi Ryu on the AoD body before I got a neck donut for him. Do you think a neck donut might help with the mobility of the Raurencio heads?

18. A neck piece may help with mobility but my concern is more in the appearance. In the photo where he has his head thrown back you can see his chin barely clears his neck before curving up. It gives him a weak looking jaw. I would want to see at least a half inch or more of chin jutting out so he looks like he has a strong jaw line from the side.

The neck looks so thick I'm not sure there is room on the head to move the neck hole back. I'd probably have to carve into the front of the neck and slim it down to solve my issue. I know I can do it but it is a lot of work. *_*

I wonder if anyone has put on of these heads on a body with a slightly slimmer neck?

19. lucyhayashi: Ahh, thanks so much for the pics! ^-^ And wow, yes, that definitely looks kind of funky with his head all the way back...I still really want Calian, but I think I'd want to mod that area a bit---as idrisfynn said, a doll so manly deserves to have a stronger looking chin! Nevertheless, I just adore the overall look of these Raurencio dolls...your Baal looks stunning [I love his nose---it's so human-looking!!]. <3

20. I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these heads with a Unidoll body and whether the mobility issue is better that way. Also, I notice the wrists on the Raurencio body seem awfully thin. I don't know if it's just that he has especially big hands or very skinny lower arms, but in some full photos of the other dolls on their site, you can see it very clearly. (Raurencio seems to have done a good job of disguising it in a lot of their photos of the other dolls, including Calian, which makes me believe maybe they are aware of this too.) It's not horrible, but it does look a little strange. I'd love to get Calian, but wonder if it is worth it if the original body has these problems. Will trying to find a good fit/match from another company (and any modding to make it work) be worth it? He's such a beautiful face, but I am tired of disembodied heads!