1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raurencio Studio Calian

Jul 19, 2009

1. Hello everyone!

Raurencio studio man body became an issue before were supplemented and announced this time.
      Thank you~

[​IMG]

2. Does anyone know if a Raurencio head would work on the new DSAM body from Dollshe? The neck girth seems the same. And if it does fit, what resin do you think would work?

3. Is it only me, or does the picture of his body look like his head is too small for it? I think it's the same head, but it seems a little out of proportion...

4. He's fantastic :o

5. Thank you Sint, Azraelita and chizzie_shark for your help. Now I'm wondering about a Unidoll body. One of the things I don't like about the Unidoll Real body is that the neck looks entirely too thin for my taste. But that might actually look better with this head.

6. I was comparing measurements earlier today and the Unidoll body has a neck width of 10.5 cm and these Raurencio doll heads fit 11 cm. That might actually be a good thing. Both bodies are 67 cm. I think I am going to go ahead and order this head (he's so lovely) and try him on the Unidoll body I already have. He may need a little fill in with epoxy but that might take care of that short chin business. The Unidoll body really is NICE! Beautiful proportions, moves nicely and great sculpting. Also, the Unidoll natural color is light and looks very much like these Raurencio's (granted, hard to really tell for sure from pictures).

7. LOL!!
      With fur/mo hair wig, the size will actually look nice. XD

I recall someone did tried Unidoll head with Raurencio body, and the resin color seems to match perfectly! hope it helps.

oh, by the way. I ordered the Calian head. XDDDD
      Now, i can't wait for them to ship XDDD

8. Woo woo, lucyhayashi! He's got such a gorgeous face! Congrats!

9. I like this body's torso and arms, but I like the Unidoll legs and hands better. If I had unlimited funds and thought it would work, I'd do me a Frankenstein combination of the two of them.

Might just have to buy my first floating head.

10. If you do this, I would love to see pictures, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

11. I've been looking for faces like this, Raurencio seems like a great company. I can't wait to see owner pics.

12. Calian really is a sweet boy!
      Here's a pic I took.

[​IMG]

Sadly the head has more pink tone than my 1 year old Raurencio body. And with the yellowing that happen on the body, now the color difference is really obvious. I am now soaking the body to de-yellow... once I finish that, I will post more picture of him!

13. He is actually much sweeter looking than the promo pics. It's a bit unexpected. I think he's going to be a very versatile mold.

14. He's gorgeous! T_T makes me want to save up for two dolls instead of one >w<

15. lucyhayashi: I love your Calian!
      But pitty it seems to be the only one at the forums?

16. That's because his head *is* too small for his body. For a doll, anyhow. I measured the length and width of my own head, and divided my height by each. Then I measured his, and realized I didn't even need to bother with any math, because simply by measuring myself in inches and him in centimeters, our height, face length, and face width are very, very close, given that I'm a little more awkward to measure than he is. So assuming I'm proportioned ok for a human in the head size department, so is he.

My other big doll, Caroline, has a head that's a little longer (about 1cm) and a little wider (1/2cm-ish? Maybe a bit more? I didn't write it down), and she's a full 10cm shorter than he is. I believe if I'd gotten her on the stock male body instead of swapping it for the female, she'd only be 2cm taller.

I don't have a male human body to compare his body with, and there's so much more variation in body shapes than head shapes, but from the head, it sure looks like that someone's done their biology homework, even if it's a slight deviation from doll-standard. This is one beautifully realistic resin man.

My Spock Minimee head is much bigger, and a little pinker, but the lightness of it is a very close match, and it looks correctly proportioned on the body as well, because of how most companies make dolls with bigger heads. Calian was ordered to be a body donor for Spock, with the possibility of selling the head if I didn't like it.

I don't think I'm going to do that, though, he's just too lovely! Angular in all the right spots like adult male characters drawn by some of my favorite mangaka - he just looked so familiar right out of the box, and definitely no boy. Only problem is, I haven't much in the way of appropriate clothing for him - he's running around in a work shirt, dress socks, and boxers, because the pants that came with that set don't quite fit, designed for a Hound's smaller bottom. He just doesn't seem the type for younger, "punkier" clothes. More for the corner office, or an intense warrior. Gets the job done, while looking beautiful.

17. Just something I found out today.
      With the newer resin Raurencio have for Calian (More white pinky color)
      the Dika joint hand's white resin actually matches pretty nicely with the new raurencio color.
      But the ball part of dk 70cm hands are definitely too big for raurencio body. I won't suggest 60 cm hands for raurencio since the size of the hands are a bit too small for raurencio body in my opinion.

18. I made a Raurencio database HERE

19. Trisana: head too small dor 68cm body? Aha^^ so maybe he can be put on smaller body 63-65cm ;)?

lucyhayashi: newer resin? does that means that its really different from Unidoll?
      I mean Unidoll matched DZ/AOD/Souldoll white etc...