1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Raurencio Studio Calian

Jul 19, 2009

1. It's small in width, though long top to bottom, and it's the hardest I have to keep wigs on without velcro (aside from the fur wig he came with, which was of course made to fit his particular head), I guess because it's more oval shaped than most or doesn't have as much of a bump at the back of the headcap or...something.

Tormenting my poor dolls again (I think they're convinced this is Dr. Frankenstein's lab here...), I stuck Calian's head on Caroline's body (Doll-Love 58cm girl body, Leon head, white resin, likely similar to AoD in color?), and it wasn't quite as freakish as, say, AH Zion's head on her body, even though Zion's resin was technically a better match. It does look rather long, because I'm used to Calian having more human-like proportions than the rest of my dolls, and it makes her neck look rather long, too. (this requires Calian's larger s-hook, and Caroline's neck kip probably helps, too) The resin match could be worse, his faceup is rather warm so doesn't help things - Calian matches recent NS minimee resin much better, but of my dolls, this is a definite second. Neither doll has had much chance to fade or yellow.

His face size is actually similar to Sphaler's, I think it just looks smaller because of the Raurencio body's broader shoulders (and thicker, shorter neck?) compared to the Super Gem body.

Putting Caroline, with her company faceup, on the Raurencio body, I didn't notice the resin mismatch at all. The body's currently dressed in the military uniform, however, and doesn't show any resin outside of the hands and neck. She actually scares me in that uniform, for some reason, perhaps it's due to her eyes, which have pink rimmed, metallic white irises. Very broad shoulders, yes, but the freak show only really starts when you look at her hands. I brought one up to her face to look at the color...*that* is fine. The size, however, is not. But I suppose if you wanted a female, you'd probably also be using a female body, so that wouldn't normally be an issue!

Then...since Zion matched Caroline, and Caroline matches Calian...Zion's had a body all along, but nobody knew it, until that message above was posted and I thought to try it. :doh Thank you for that! Because of his darkish/blueish faceup, it *looks* like a worse match from the front than it is, but at the back, it's actually a pretty good match, Angelheim "white" (not "pure white"), and a really good match for the minimee resin. Size-wise, Zion's the biggest head I've got, and the proportions still look excellent on the Raurencio body.

So... Doll-Love (probably like AoD?) is the whitest, then Angelheim's a little bit pinker, then Minimee (fall 2009) a little darker and pinker than that, then Raurencio a little yellower than the Minimee. I'm not sure how I could find lighting that'd pick up the colors 100% accurately in and of themselves, let alone transfer the differences precisely, so I'm not going to even try for pics. The Angelheim and Minimee are the newest and have seen the least light, having no bodies of their own, the latter not even having a faceup, and the Doll-Love is the oldest, but even she only came in July or so. There is less difference between any two of these resins than between Bobobie white and Soom cream white (on either my Heliot head or Sphaler), which of course do *not* match any of these we've been talking about... I consider them all (with the exception of the Minimee with the Doll-Love, pinkest with least pink) a "too close to nitpick further" match, anyhow, I don't know exactly how close the criteria are for "perfect" when things aren't coming out of the same factories.

2. I've dyed my raurencio body before. so I guess it's why my body (rec'd Oct.2008) is more of green-ish than my Calian head (rec'd Aug.2009)
      I don't have any Unidoll, but I think the resins still match pretty good.
      The color of my old baal head cap (never dye) was just a tiny bit of yellower than my Calian head (you can hardly notice the difference).

Trisana
      you can try to put the silicone cap Luts is selling on Calian head. I got one for my boys and it helps to hold the wig better than w/o it..

3. Humm a desagree with some of us, i think this face aren't original, (when i see this i remenber a lo t of faces of other customers), but yes he's so cute...

4. Trisana: Oooh Id love to see pictures of comparisons!
      Im glad you thin he face is similar to Sphaler :aheartbea

Ok good to know lucyhayashi :)

5. His head's smaller than Ark's, though Sphaler's wig will fit Ark - Sphaler's head isn't currently attached to his body, so he's got little need of a wig, and Ark's currently wearing it, having just come with a brown fur wig. Actually, Sphaler's head will wear both Ark's and Calian's default fur wigs just fine, though Ark's never tried his on, so I think it's more a matter of face size and proportion, apparent size, and head shape, than actual size as it relates to how big a wig they'd need. Or perhaps it's just a relative measure of which dolls have swelled heads! ;-)

He looks pinker than Ark, but if you compare hands rather than faces, they're very, very close, it's just the colors used in their faceups. The pair of gift hands that came with Ark (they seem to be female...more slender, longer nails - oddly enough, just what I needed if I want to throw Caroline's head back on Calian's body, or Ark to look slightly creepier with the nails!) seem to be less of a match than Ark with Calian, weirdly enough.

I was using velcro with Calian to keep wigs on, but I'd just stuck it to the headcap part, so it wasn't holding the front very well because of how the headcap attaches, though it held the back fine. I just pulled it off and stuck a silicone cap on (glad I tossed it in there with that Luts order I did!), so I'll see if that's better at keeping the poor guy's hairline from receding when he's wearing bangless wigs, as he tends to do!

6. I love him...

7. Anyone else out there got one?

8. I fell for him and now I am just praying he will be rerealised

9. He is my "love-at-a-first-sight" :aheartbea
      I fell for him and still I believe that one day he will be re-sell or I am gonna find him on some "second-hand" auction! :aheartbea
      I just can not - he is a perfect "man" for being my Kanrei! :aheartbea