1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Release of Suntan Goldie + NEW Suntan Wake-Up Goldie DH Sets

Jun 9, 2009

1. Peakswood's shouldn't have let themselves be swayed by the complaints. What's so hard to accept about a limited release doll that's only available by attending a convention? What started out as something special is now becoming a mess of trying to please everyone. :doh

2. *nods* :( I really want to complain to them. I already suggested to them about having the order date be pushed back till after both conventions. =_=;; So basically Dollism + GoGaDoll Attendees will have 10ea reserved for them were and then the rest of the world gets a shot at the rest of the 40ea?! It's ridiculous. *sighs*

3. I did post on the Peakswoods board and received a very quick reply from Pan:

Hi, this is Pan from peakswoods. And I will attend GoGaDoll, too.
      First of all, Thank you for your concern. And to tell you what it was I guess I have to start from the beginning. We made this project to celebrate us joining GoGaDoll Convention. Since we couldn\'t make it last year, we wanted to make it more special. However, in the first place we were planning on selling this through our web site as well. And I have no idea what Pasu from DollHeart said to you about it. Because we were so clear about that. But anyway I found out that only GoGaDoll and Dollism Plus attendees can purchase Tanned Goldies, which is not true. So I asked Pasu and contact Kelly yesterday. Of course I work to make profits but I work hard to please as many people as possble through our dolls. I can tell you that from the bottom of my heart. I am sincerely sorry that we cause you this trouble by changing the ordering date.
      And I will also contact Pasu and ask him why you heard this limited edition was only for GoGaDoll And Dollism Plus attendees.
      Thank you for your time. Please if you have anything to say, feel free to contact us.

This post from the GoGaDoll discussion thread, titled "Another Exclusive for GoGaDoll!" was what led me to believe that the doll would be available to attendees first:

4. So it sounds like 10 of each Goldie will be kept for GoGaDoll and the same again presumably for Dollism, which equals 20 of each colour. This was the same number that they were originally going to release in total, so Con goers are not being disadvantaged. And then there will be another 20 of each colour available on their website. Personally, I think this just improves everyone's chance of getting a doll, Con attendees and international customers alike.

5. @St. James - Thanks for posting that. Poor Pan. D: I feel bad putting all this on her. But I hope this gets all figured out soon though. I do understand that it would be ok for them to be released on the website but AFTER the con. Last year at the con, there were Souldoll Limiteds that were available after the Con if there were any left. :\ I though it'd work like that too.

And GoGaDoll putting that up did mislead us. @_@;

@Quilla - It also...somewhat puts off the specialness of the event for these beauties. But, I'd be totally fine if the order dates were AFTER the cons. ^^; That's my only main concern. I'm not trying to me selfish to international people or people that can't attend the con to miss their chance for these girls' releases...

6. Pan wrote to me too - she was very sweet. I'm glad they're having some just for Gogadoll - I feel much better about it now.

7. TsukiHiroshi - I think how any of us feels about this is going to be coloured to some extent by what best serves our own interests, myself included (as a potential international customer who lives in a country devoid of doll conventions).

However, I don't really see why the order date for international customers compared to convention attendees matters at all, when convention attendees are still going to get a shot at a guaranteed number of dolls, and a number that is the same as the number promised to begin with. The only difference is that now Peak's Woods are producing 20 more of each sculpt to ensure that international customers also have a chance to own one. I don't see why this affects the "specialness" of the sculpt or the event for con attendees, except inasmuch as the edition is not quite as limited as it was before - although if anyone has a right to feel miffed on that score it is probably the owners of the original 10 tanned Goldies from last year.

Peak's Woods original post on their website about the limited tanned dolls always said that they would also be available through the website, and Pan has restated in the post quoted above that that was always PW's intention. No one ever said the dolls would only be available to con attendees, just that they would be offered, and seen, first at GoGaDoll. This is not, in my view, a promise to con attendees that international customers would only have a chance to buy one of these dolls if there were "leftovers". This may have been the case with Souldoll last year, but Peak's Woods is a different company and have no obligation to do things the same way. Personally, I'm glad that Peak's Woods is a company that obviously values all of their customer base and is trying hard to be fair to everyone.

Anyway, that's my piece said!

Edited to fix typo

8. I agree with a lot of what's been said here.
      Personally I was a bit meh when they said even MORE tan goldies would be coming out (yes I own one of the original 10) but I was also a bit happy because now I'll have a better chance of getting a wake up one ^^; it just suited me better to pay for her in july instead of june... so I hope she won't sell out super quick ;)

9. Well, they've changed it again over in the news forum. What I get from it is that now they will first be available at GoGadoll and whatever is left will then be sold online. I could be wrong..I am pretty much confused and over it at this point :doh

10. Okay, now I have it clarified...Pan wrote to me!

"Dear,

Thank you for your question. There will be 60 pieces for online customers and the order will start from 10pm June 19th(Korea local time) like I mentioned before. And if there are any leftovers after GoGaDoll, they will go to the online customers.

Regards
      Pan"

Now I feel better :)

11. I think the solution that Peak's Woods and Dollheart have come up with is pretty brilliant. I can't wait to see these girls in person! :chocoberry

12. @Quilla - *nods* I do understand your points there. I think I'm just miffed if I missed out on the dolls at GoGa. But now that Pan has put up the final deciding factor, I think I can live now. XD It's really brilliant, like St. James said, of what they're doing. :)

@St. James - I agree. I can't wait. One more week and a day to go!

13. TsukiHiroshoshi - I think the fact that passions have been ignited is the mark of a doll that's something special :) I'm glad Con attendees have a guarantee of getting a doll - that must really take the weight off for those who want one. Very nice to be able to choose at leisure.

I really like that Peak's Woods have listened to their customers and I appreciate their sense of fairness.

14. I feel the same way, Quilla. Peakswoods has gone up drastically in my estimation because of how this situation was handled. They really went out of their way to listen to their customers. Wish that other companies would follow their lead!

15. I'm relieved so many people who are planning on attending the Cons are happy with Peakswoods' resolution. I felt pretty guilty about my initial thrill concerning the number of these Goldies available on-line. I am absolutely breaking the bank for my first 1/3 sized girl! :chocoheart Ah I've got the jelly legs! :D

Whoa, actually, most of my dollies are second-hand or via third-party (like DenverDoll); so how long does it take to get a new LE direct? Is it around 2 or 3 months or do they make LEs in advance? How long was the wait for the first edition of Tan Goldie? (Can I ask these questions here or is that OT? Mods, please feel free to delete if OT. Thank you.)

16. Well, it says 30 days, but I waited around double that for my tan goldie~ because they had some difficulty producing tan, I'm actually counting on the same to happen here ^^

17. I also had one of the original 10, and it was around 75 days, if I remember correctly. As solarsenshi said, they had difficulty producing tan. The color of the dolls in person is gorgeous, and well worth the wait.

18. Thanks for the information solarsenshi & justkatie179, that's really not a bad wait.

I checked out the other Peakswoods thread and yes, the Tan Goldies from the first 10 are just jaw-dropping. I was one of those people who totally regretted not getting one after I saw the photos!

Hmm. I wonder if since PW is making so many more Goldies this time the wait might be even longer? No matter. I'm still physicked!

19. so they will go on sale today then? im sooooooo tempted!

20. So did you all get your tan goldies yet? :D