1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Bodies and the ABJD Aesthetic

Aug 2, 2007

1. I'm sorry, did you say 6'9"? Did you mean 5'9"?

(Otherwise, I'm going to feel really overweight, since I'm 5'8" and 195 . . . LOL!)

To be honest, I'd buy an Aoi-Tuki in a *heartbeat* if any of the headmolds called out to me . . . and I'm eagerly watching the artist's doll thread with the gorgeous plus-sized girl.

I love that my dolls have a range of body types (from petite, small-busted old-CH to va-va-voom Lishe to tall, lanky Hound), because I think that makes them more 'human' . . . I don't just buy slender, willowy dolls, and I'd be all over one that had curvier proportions. I've been wanting a Unoss body for ages, but they're hard to find!

I realize that the limitations of resin and jointing mean that we're not going to see many really plush figures on dolls, but it doesn't keep me from keeping a speculative eye out :>

-- A <3

2. 2. Is there room within the ABJD aesthetic for a wider range of body types, including older or less idealized physiques? Or would such dolls belong in another category altogether? If dolls with less idealized physiques do belong in another category, is that purely adherence to the "BJD Aesthetic", or a disturbing rejection of real bodies and the people who inhabit them?

Personally, I wouldn't buy an abjd with a body type like mine (short legs and big butt) unless it was sporting a chibi cat head. :sweat

I wouldn't buy a doll with lumpy cellulite thighs, or a beer gut, unless it was really damned cute. Does that mean I reject real bodies? Maybe. Or maybe I just don't want to look at them in doll form.

I don't translate my preference for unrealistic dolly aesthetics as rejection of real humans and their bodies, but I am also old, and don't look to the surrounding world or media for validation. For a young person, it may be more of an issue.

Actually, one of the things that attracted me to abjd in the first place was that I thought that they had 'average' looking bodies compared to dolls I was used to seeing (either baby dollies or super fashion models). And my 'beer gut' comment aside, I like my MSD's little puffy tummy. I also like her giant bug eyes. I personally don't require ultra realism in my dolls, in body type or eye size.

3. An excellent point! Hadn't even thought of that, but it does apply to a lot of the peripheral issues of this hobby, besides bodies. When you're younger, you ARE the center of the Universe, so everything is a projection of you... When you're old farts like us, you've gotten used to your little place in the Universe and the shape it fills, and it just becomes less important. The mass media becomes background noise. Less validation is needed when you've had so many centuries to get used to being You.

(And I am deliberately using a silly tone here, so if any youngsters are offended, realize I don't mean you really think you're all the center of the universe and project yourselves on everything. ^.^)

Also, sweetie dahling, bite thy tongue before insulting thy own magic butt. :aheartbea

Yee! :fangirl: Even *I* might break my No Girls rule for an Unoss, if they just happened to grow on trees! Out of all the resingirl bods in the world, I like her for her enormous hands, giant feet, brawny calves and huge neckcrusher thighs. Be nifty to see her with biceps to match, maybe transplant her some boy-arms... I think a big ol' pro-wrestler girldoll would be the bomb. To keep my all-boy harem in line. XD In some alternate world! (Wonder how that artist you mention feels about Amazons..?)

I too like having a variety of bodies in the house... the boys all show different levels of maturity & musculature. It DOES mean that shopping for all of them is a pain, though. Most of them are ~60cm, and I still have to buy 4 sizes of clothes for them (1 for each company brand). But as anybody with multiple sizes of kids can tell you, clothes-shopping hassles ARE also a part of real life, so there's verisimilitude for you!

4. Hmm, that's a good point. I didn't think of it from a clothing point of view, but I guess you're right XD. I still love curvy hips, though ;).

Actually, that's not completely true. There are certain countries and cultures where they prefer large women, even today ^^.

5. Yes 5'9" is right. I was thinking of one of my old friends who was a foot taller and about 50 pounds lighter than me and I typed her hight not mine:sweat :doh .

6. The more delicate physique of BJDs is, to me, more an issue of asthetics over functionality. It reflects an Asian ideal just as most American dolls are western ideals. One thing both types of dolls have in common is small hands & feet which seem to be something universally prefered in dolls. I don't know how many times I've heard people say this doll or that has too large of hands or feet even while they're unrealistically small.

There is definitely room for more of a range of body types. Look at the highly muscular male bodies that are emerging. And even within the general slim body there are dolls that have more substantial hips, busts & legs than normal. The question is will older or heavier bodies sell? In western markets at least, these types of dolls tradionally haven't been big sellers. Plus you bring in the whole issue of clothing. If most of your dolls are a certain body type & can share clothes, are collectors going to be willing to shell out for another wardrobe? Still, a wider range of body types would be even more interesting.

If people base their self worth & appeal on their dolls, I find that quite unhealthy & also sad. Dolls are dolls & while we often live vicariously thru them in their storylines & appearance, they really have nothing to do with our worth as a human being. They're merely objects for our pleasure. Self esteem has to come from within, often fostered by human interaction & feedback. While comments on how lovely our dolls are or how interesting their stories are make us feel good, our sense of self worth shouldn't be centered around an object. The talent this shows should be figured into our assessment of ourselves but there's much more to each human soul.

Doll bodies are only idealized versions of human bodies but can never attain all the range of movement & expression of the original so I see them as less perfect. Can a doll be too real? I really don't know as I've never seen one. When I started collecting BJDs I only purchased the most realistic faces but over time I became attracted to the more stylized versions as well. It's fun to have dolls that run the gamut from little humans to "dolly" looking ones. Still, I find that I go for strong sculpts & expressive faces however they are portrayed. BJDs have more of these to offer than most other types of dolls so that is one of the things that draws me to them.

7. 1. Is the slim, realistically uncommon physique, favored by the vast majority of ABJD molds, more for aesthetics or for functionality? (Added For Clarity: The combination of features, including slenderness, legginess, the large head, narrow shoulders, small hands and feet, etc, which you would not commonly find all together in one human body, purely aesthetics, or at least partly good engineering? Feel free to read my longer post on this further down the page.)

I think it may be for both. In my opinion, people would rather see slender figures because they are more pleasing to the eye.

2. Is there room within the ABJD aesthetic for a wider range of body types, including older or less idealized physiques? Or would such dolls belong in another category altogether? If dolls with less idealized physiques do belong in another category, is that purely adherence to the "BJD Aesthetic", or a disturbing rejection of real bodies and the people who inhabit them?

I don't this. As mush as I'd like to have girl with wider hips and softer tummy, I don't think there are enough people who would be willing to buy such a doll. Mostly, people like the fantasy of perfect proportions as seen on the current dolls.

3. Do some people experience feelings of self worth, physical appeal, popularity, etc. vicariously through their dolls? How might this be healthy? How might this be unhealthy?

Example: A person who creates beautiful dresses and sexy lingerie for their dolls, but considers their own body too imperfect to warrant the same adornment.

I think people living vicariously through their dolls isn't unhealthy. People are genetically disposed to look a certain way and there is only som much you can do to make yourself look like the ideal beauty. So what harm is there in playing dress up with your dolls. It's a lot less healthy to live through your children.

4. Are dolls inherently more or less perfect than the living human body? Why or why not? Tangentially, can a doll be too real? Is it the realism, or lack thereof, that draws you to BJDs?

I can't speak for anyone else but I personally do not like too much realism in a doll or any other game.

8. 1. Is the slim, realistically uncommon physique, favored by the vast majority of ABJD molds, more for aesthetics or for functionality? (Added For Clarity: The combination of features, including slenderness, legginess, the large head, narrow shoulders, small hands and feet, etc, which you would not commonly find all together in one human body, purely aesthetics, or at least partly good engineering? Feel free to read my longer post on this further down the page.)

Aesthetics, though that probably has a strong biological connection (i.e. in the same way that humans find a large eye-to-head ratio to be "cute" - and large head-to-body ratio likewise to be "cute").

2. Is there room within the ABJD aesthetic for a wider range of body types, including older or less idealized physiques? Or would such dolls belong in another category altogether? If dolls with less idealized physiques do belong in another category, is that purely adherence to the "BJD Aesthetic", or a disturbing rejection of real bodies and the people who inhabit them?

I bet there's room, but not as large a market....

3. Do some people experience feelings of self worth, physical appeal, popularity, etc. vicariously through their dolls? How might this be healthy? How might this be unhealthy?

Oddly I just posted about how this could be healthy in a different thread. In the same way that internet communities/games have helped people learn social skills, management skills, responsibility, and so on, I'm sure that dolls can help people grow/heal and deal with things like self-image issues. But likewise, internet communities/games have also resulted in broken marriages and neglected children....

4. Are dolls inherently more or less perfect than the living human body? Why or why not? Tangentially, can a doll be too real? Is it the realism, or lack thereof, that draws you to BJDs?

Well... IMHO anything that is a human creation is going to be inferior to a living being. But, the image can be idealized, and for the purposes of projection and fantasy, BJDs are likely superior for this purpose, than, say, a real human child.

9. One of my favourites things about BJDs is that they are impossibly lovely and otherworldly. I like the very stylised, Asian-standards-of-beauty type dolls. I wouldn't personally be interested in dolls with more realistic bodies. I don't think this represents a rejection of real bodies with their different shapes and sizes and flaws by me, but the fact that BJDs are idealised is what makes them objects of beauty in my eyes and makes me want to spend time making things for them and be around them. Incidentally I am not interested at all in the dolls which I consider to have extremely realistic facial features. I won't name names!

For me there is an element of living vicariously through the dolls involved as well, both with the personalities I invest in them and in what clothes I put on them. The dolls I love all have characteristics which I consider admirable (and in some cases, characteristics which I wouldn't admit out loud I found admirable, for example "ladylikeness"). As for clothes, I used to love dressing outrageously when I was younger but I have grown out of it now through necessity (the office job), having nowhere to go in mad clothes and just through generally being older! One of my main motivations for gettting into BJDs is that I will continue to be able to put together exciting hair and clothes combinations but on the small scale rather than on me. It's not a matter of me not thinking I look good in those clothes, it's just that I've moved on (if a little unwillingly). It's definitely not a matter of thinking the dolls look better than the "real thing". I wouldn't want pure white skin and no boobs!

10. I am new to BJDs but when I was looking to buy my first doll I was actually pleasantly suprised at the "realistic" shapes I found. True there are no "overweight" types for example, but I thought the doll I eventually chose (AOD 1/4 Rao) had a wonderfully realistic figure, not overly slim, average sized boobs, and a normal (not tiny) bum, and even a curved stomach rather than flat. She just seems like a normal in proportion girl to me, the only thing that might seem idealized are her legs, which are quite long, but I myself am tall so this also seems normal to me. Even my housemate (a non doll enthusiast) was amazed at how realistic and in proportion she is!

I do understand what you mean about many dolls having "perfect" figures, but I do think there is so much more variety in BJDs than any other types of dolls, and many of them seem to have a normal healthy figure. I would like to see more mature features, for example wrinkles! But I guess that would be very difficult, and probably not worth it for the number of customers who want it (though I do remember a picture of a minimee David Bowie that had amazing facial features including lines round the mouth etc, he was amazing!)

I think if it seems like there are more tall, super slim BJDs that is because people select those figures more often than the normal figures? Though I also don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to have a super-ideal figure doll, because they are beautiful to look at and there is nothing wrong with wanting to look at beautiful things, as long as people are happy in themselves.

I do dress my doll in clothes that I would like to wear but can't, though it is because I feel a bit old to be wearing frilly dresses and ribbons rather than thinking I am not good enough for them. It makes me sad that some people have poor body image, and I hope BJDs would not make people feel that way....

11. 1. I think its a little bit of both. You have to remember that most of these dolls are designed by persons living in Asian countries where slim is more the norm than, say, the United States or England (excluding France, France tends to prefer slim) so it would only make sense that the dolls would follow that aesthetic.

Having slim arms and legs does make it easier to pose them. If you had a doll with very heavy thighs and calves, you'd have reduced movement when bending the knees unless large peices were cut out of the backs of the legs like the Domuya-Flexi bodies.

2. IMO I wouldn't have a problem with a range of body types. Personally, I prefer the slim or voluptuous bodies that are available (I LOVE the Supia bodies, for example) but there have been a couple of attempts at heavier bodies and I must say they look pretty good to me. That and I love variety amongst my dolls. I don't want any of them to be the same, except my twins Violet and Lily. Real people are very different and I like my dolls to be very different as well.

3. I don't know. I don't feel these things, and I can't speak for others. I can say that my dolls dress more daringly than I do but I'm 8 months pregnant and for me to dress that way would be unpleasant to any passers-by.

4. I very much prefer stylized dolls to realistic dolls. I do think dolls are more "perfect" than the human body because they can't jiggle in the wrong places and never gain weight or grow old. Of course, they can't jiggle in the right places, either, or pose all that naturally.

12. 1. Is the slim, realistically uncommon physique, favored by the vast majority of ABJD molds, more for aesthetics or for functionality?

Just to echo chesiretiffy, one of the reasons why BJDs are so popular here is that they ARE realistic in their body proportions. Most of the girl BJDs were practically flat-chested until the BJD market had to meet the demand for 'glamour' bodies, for example.

Besides, most of them are still "supposed to be" teenagers. Have you seen the Asian teens compared to the western ones? Body development is incredibly different. I'm not talking about those with Asian heritage living in western countries, where the diet is completely different, I'm referring to the Asian Asians.

There are exceptions of course, I'm not going to generalize, but unless there is profit waiting in the wings to target a slim fraction of the market, the main target is always going to remain the majority.

Added note. The overweight people here? I've discovered that they are considered "normal" in western standards. There is a famous K-drama "My Name is Kim Samsoon" where the heroine is portrayed as a dumpy overweight woman - sort of a Bridget Jones - and I remember my foreign friends saying, "She's not fat!!! She just has curves, that's all!" Sorry, dudes, come over here and you'll understand that she is fat.

13. You do make a good point, body types are very different in Asian countries and Western countries, and it can have more to go with diet than genetics (though genetics certainly plays a role as well). In countries where fast food or fatty foods are the norm ovbisouly more people are heavier, curvier, fatter, or whatever descriptive words you want to use. Obviously there is fast food in Asian countries but I think the diest is still more heavily focused on less fatty foods- for example a lot of Japanese food is still pretty centred on fish and rice. I think I remember reading an article somewhere about Japanese women becoming curvier and having larger breasts in the last few decades as milk (and dairy products in general) has become more popular in Japan. Traditionally, milk/dairy was not consumed in many Asian countries (which is why a lot of Asians still have lactose intolerance) but I guess it became more popular after the US occupation? I wish I could remember the article but it was a while ago. D : But a combination of a smaller body frame and a less fatty diet with less hormones (a lot of US beef, milk, chicken, etc are given hormone treatment to make the meat meatier and dairy cows produce more milk) would mean that smaller is more the norm in some places. So someone considered normal in some Western countries would be a fat foreigner in some Asian countries. XD

14. 1. Is the slim, realistically uncommon physique, favored by the vast majority of ABJD molds, more for aesthetics or for functionality? (Added For Clarity: The combination of features, including slenderness, legginess, the large head, narrow shoulders, small hands and feet, etc, which you would not commonly find all together in one human body, purely aesthetics, or at least partly good engineering?

Really it's both--the dolls are resin, not flesh that flattens out when you lean on it. So, slimmer functions better for crossing legs and what not. Some people are built like this, but not every doll is so super skinny. The Rainy girls are slim but they have real thighs and aren't overly skinny. More of a thin-average. Volks aren't so skinny either. I think they are realistic in that most dolls are of the ideal human form--like sculpture. How many ancient Greek sculpts are less than ideal? The faces may depict real people but the bodies are always the ideal of their time. Thin is fine--they wear clothes better. I guess it's what you're used to.

Probably not. Who would buy them? More realistic dolls have not done well. eg. Tonner did the Emme doll (a 16" fashion doll) and she was a true full figure doll. She went on a diet. I mean the mold was slimmed down considerably and now she's a women's size 10 maybe--average? Ah heck--we want the perfect doll!! It has nothing to do with rejecting real people--maybe when we are younger there is some prejudice but as we age and become more comfortable we become very accepting of all body types.

Vicarious? Perhaps a little when it comes to dressing them up--they can wear things I can't now but would if I were younger. I think it's healthy to share your doll, your creation with others because it's fun to be with like minded people. Dolls are creative and a true joy for me--life without dolls would be just too sad. I've always loved dolls, but never felt it was to be popular, rather it was the opposite. Nobody I knew loved dolls like I did. I've never felt it was unhealthy, it was always a creative outlet for me. I also collect some other dolls, but not just to collect, just ones I like.

Dolls are dolls and people are people. I view the BJD's as little sculptures that move. Every doll has it's own uniqueness, some may say imperfection, but like a person the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Realism draws me in--always has. Idealized realism that is. No warts please :) I love the fact that there are small companies like Supia--I'm in love with Rosy--that make very realistic and at the same time very idealized dolls. And Lishe, one of the most popular girl dolls is my new surprise--just finished her faceup and boy, is she easy to love! (modded the nose and eyes a bit)

15. I don't know if it has been mentioned or not (So much to read at 12 in the morning x_X) but ABJD's are actually, anatomically, incorrect..xD
      It probably has been mentioned, but the human body; armspan = height. And dolls' armspan is shorter than their height. xD
      I usually get frustrated in animes or games and stories and stuff, when they talk about a character having wings and somehow being able to fly. Something to make it SOMEWHAT plausible (Because I know body mass also comes into play) is have the right wing SIZE. WINGspan equals height TIMES THREE!!!!

TO be overly technical, ABJDs are not perfect at all. They're made to look pretty and sell! xD But that's why people buy them. I haven't talked to anybody yet who is actually jealous of their doll (physique-wise), because that would imply hate, and why would you buy something you hate?

I think ABJD's are mainly used as an expression of what you can't be, and I think that's what many other people have said. They use the dolls for design, art, etc. And that is what they're supposed to be used for, are they not?

Actually. To be TECHNICAL, TECHNICAL, TECHNICAL... ABJD's have the body proportions of a catwalk model (design wise). You know how fashion designers design on body drawing which have lonnnnng long legs and smaller shoulders and stuff....well, ABJD's have the same proportions..xD Which is why they're so good for design!

I'm sorry if anyone has said all this already.. and if I jumped around too much (I suck at extended responses.. ONOES! My brain is still in exam-mode :O!) but yeah. That is what I think..xD

Seeing maybe a plump doll one day would be quite refreshing. Or even if they designed a doll body which would show off its anatomical features...and how the company would assure that the doll is 100 percent anatomically correct, and that they would be perfect for realisms and stuff. Because .. if we do that.. we'd be kind of like playing god.. =D. I mean.. i don't believe in god and stuff (i'm just not religious), but isn't that what it's called? But i think many wouldn't get it. They want something new and out-of-this-world, not something they would see every day.

And that's what it really comes down to. haha!

Sorry if my post was pointless ==

16. 1. Is the slim, realistically uncommon physique, favored by the vast majority of ABJD molds, more for aesthetics or for functionality?

Some of the body types remind me of anime characters, maybe it's meant to please people who are used to that sort of aesthetics.

2. Is there room within the ABJD aesthetic for a wider range of body types, including older or less idealized physiques? Or would such dolls belong in another category altogether?

It's a question of marketing I guess... I'd love to see more variety, but the companies need to invest in bodies that are more popular, and therefore are sure to sell more. It's the same everywhere... just look at movie stars, if captain jack sparrow was perform by someone not quite as attractive as Johnny Depp (who is sort of an example of universally accepted handsomness :lol: ) would he be as famous?

Not on a serious level I think. People want their dolls to be close to their ideals of perfection or whatever it is that they like, but that's it. I hope...

I don't think they can be more perfect, all they can do is mimick the real bodies considered by most people as perfect. Personnaly I like dolls that are realistic, without the flaws that being real implies... :lol: that makes no sense.

17. I personally think that realistic doll bodies can be beautiful, just as people can be with different body types. I prefer realistic face molds, but also admire fantasy faces although I don't tend to buy them. I have a doll with the Aoi-tuki body and just love her. I also love my skinny Iplehouse girl. I like for all my dolls to be different from each other so I am very happy that these variations exist and I only wish that there were more to choose from. People buy these dolls for all sorts of reasons and everyone has their own idea of what is beautiful which I think is great. I indulge my dolls with all sorts of clothes and haircolor/styles that I, myself, could not wear, so if that is living vicariously, I suppose I do. I think it's fun and not dangerous at all for me. I can't speak for anyone else or their motives, but to me, it all comes down to personal preference. I would be totally bored with this hobby if all these dolls looked alike.

18. 1. Is the slim, realistically uncommon physique, favored by the vast majority of ABJD molds, more for aesthetics or for functionality?

I think one of the rather unique features of ABJD aesthetics is how adult and child proportions are often combined. This, of course, doesn't hold true for all models, but it isn't unusual to see child-like elements (like a larger chubbier head, narrow shoulders, small hands and feet) coupled with defined square pectorals (or luscious breasts, in the case of females) and abs of steel. I believe this style may be attractive to some because it unites both cuteness and sensuality. Most of these traits don't really hold any function (it's harder to fit a t-shirt over a large head!), so I believe they were popularized because they seemed to please a certain market.

This actually saddens me quite a lot: as ABJD companies started multiplying at an astonishing rate, I was hoping for more daring traits in both bodies and heads. Yet, whenever a new model comes out, I can't help but feel I have already seen it a thousand times. I wish for a greater variety of facial features and expressions, of body shapes, of apparent ages and resin colors. In my ideal world, some models would follow the present trends, while others would look incredibly realistic or only be vaguely humanoid. As someone else already mentioned, BJDs should be only characterized by their ball joints.

Some definitely seem to do it, but I'm not sure it's always conscious. I believe it would definitely be unhealthy in the case of someone who would concentrate their aspirations on the imaginary life of a small alter-ego they would create. On the other hand, it can also, imo, be therapeutic. We're all limited in our life choices as we can't take all the paths that might inspire us. If a person creates a character to answer a certain calling they wouldn't dare follow in real life (for example, becoming an erotic dancer), I don't think there's any harm, quite the opposite.

I love all my guys so much but none of them is perfect. Each of them has a little something that's not quite exactly right (a bulging ball joint, a bigger ear, a resin bubble...). Ala has the same problem I do, when it comes to finding clothes: a big butt and a small waist! Pants are hell... ^_^

I wouldn't prone any BJD style over another. A well done realistic body can be as tempting for me (as a customer) as a very stylized one. All the models I have bought so far I chose because they were my favorite representatives of their category. For example, my little Ixme (Orientdoll Ui) embodies, for me, the ultimate avatar of cuteness. It is thus doubtful that I will ever buy a cute doll again. Chamisay, my CP El, is how I picture androgynous beauty, so other similar sculpts have lost all interest for me. In the same way, I refuse to possess more than one body of a given model. What can I say? I enjoy individuality and variety above many other things. ^_^

19. For me I guess I appreciate both the unrealistic and realistic body types of my dolls. Too me they are posable sculptures so I appreciate some artistic license in all sculpts. I guess for me it is like thinking Gisele Bunchen (supermodel: lanky) is attractive as well as Scarlett Johanson (actress: curvey). Diversity is the best part of the hobby for me.

I do get a bit jealous of my dolls as I have to put in 3 days a week of hour long sessions at the gym to look that good! Sometimes I will catch myself in the gym complaining about it and quietly laugh at my ridiculousness! X-D

20. Hiya,

Ive always wanted to know whats up with companies and their girls bodies. They look emaciated and hungry all the time. Sometimes i just wanna feed them but cant. i really do think bjd comapnies are very stereotypical towards woman and their bodies. Some just have meat on their bones. The B&G dolls boy body i give alot of credit too because it still keeps a believable girlish figure while still portraying something masculine(meat on bones).

I would love to hear what people thought about this!