1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

'Reasonable' if last owner prohibit the new owner to resale?

Oct 14, 2016

1. its a no brainer.. its your stuff now, do as you wish...

2. it could probably be because she sees the clothes as gifts (even though u paid for it as a full set technically) and she could be sour that you're selling them for extra funds, but nonetheless she has no rights to feel this way because the item(s) are yours and you have the rights to do whatever you want with them, so it's none of her business if you chose to sell it, just ignore her :abambi:

3. Everyone's saying this, but I'll say it again: it's yours, you bought it fair and square, so they can't do anything anymore. I hope the person who you originally got it from won't bother you though!

4. In my opinion, once the doll is sold, the new owner has full rights on what to do with the doll...Unless the seller sold the doll under certain conditions that must be met and have been agreed upon by both parties prior to the sales...

5. As my dad always use to tell me, "Possesion is 9/10th of the law." That is for America at least. I have no idea where you guys are (but I don't think that aspect/idea would be much different in this scenario).
      I don't think I can contribute anything else that somebody hasn't already said. Although, You didn't even agree to terms for you to not resale the items when you bought the doll, did you? It would be different if she asked "please don't resale this," and you agreed (that would just be the right thing to do but they're still your items) but I'm sure that this is not the situation and she can't just tell you not to resale those items.

6. You already bought the item, so you have the right to sell it off should you want to do so.
      However, if it was a raffle or giveaway prize, then there may be a bit of reluctance.
      Still, it all depends on you, and you'd still have the right to do so, either way.

7. I agree with you. I mean if I was in the same situation as the seller, I would be a little salty. But regardless I can't do anything nor is it my right to tell you what to do. So don't feel guilty about what you're doing.

8. In most etiquette circles, it's considered rude to ask after a gift or question what they do with it. Of course, its important to protect the gift giver a little so they don't find out you didn't care for the gift or embarrass them.

In the end, I don't feel it's realistic to expect people to keep all their gifts. Our homes are crowded enough as it is. :aeyepop:

9. You paid the money for it, it's yours to do what you want! You already completed the transaction, therefore she has no right to tell you what you can and can't do with it. :?

10. That is the silliest thing I've ever heard. It isn't her property anymore. It is none of her business what you do with it.

11. How bizarre!!!! You can sell items you own regardless of whether she "believes" they were a gift. Once in your possession you can do what you like with them. It's really cheeky for her to tell you what to do, it would seem that she's a self-important pest who's hoping that by interfering it will put off potential purchasers. Naughty :eusa_naug

12. This thread is six months old, so obviously the issue has long been resolved. I'll admit, though, I'm curious as to how it ended...

13. Nope nope. Once you buy something it is yours.

14. Noone has the right to make you keep something you don't want, that would be ridiculous!

15. If the items in question were "gifts" then she is missing the definition of gift. If a friend *Gifted* you something.. then its yours to do with as you please. Sure it might be a little off-putting to the gift-er to see that you didn't like what they gave you and were selling it on (think like a purse or something.) But if its a GIFT.. its yours and they need to let go.

In this particular instance she is just being controlling. You paid for the items. She can call them gifts (see above) but really they are 'extras' like a matching belt for an outfit you bought. A seller shouldn't be upset if some part of the product doesn't make you giddy with love for it. You might want to filter this person out for a while if you can. What if you decided to change the faceup?? or mod?? You don't need the drama.

16. I might have a slightly different opinion on this, but here goes...

In cases like the one the OP is describing (Seller sells doll + items, buyer sells on certain items), then no, it's not reasonable for the original owner to forbid the new owner from selling any part of it. They may not like the idea of it, but it's not their doll anymore and they don't have any control over that.

However, taking the actual title of this thread, which does not actually mention a "seller" as such, then yes, I do think there are circumstances where this becomes a reasonable request. That being, if the doll is a prize for something. If the original owner isn't selling the doll, but giving it as a prize in a contest, raffle, random drawing, or lottery, then it's within their rights to add a limit to the contest that the winner can't resell their prize. (Note that this is actually a part of the rules for the DoA anniversary contests! And this considers the seller or dealer providing the doll as an "original owner," as well as actual private owners who may be hosting a contest using a doll they purchased for that, or an older doll they want to pass along in a way other than just selling it.)

17. Only if they write a legally binding agreement where their compromise is to lower the price of the doll. Also if the doll is a gift that is given under those conditions that the person who receives it has not right to sell it.

Not being able to resell a doll greatly lowers its value. It it is a fair trade and the seller is not willing to lower the price significantly then they have no right to have any expectations the buyer. And after all they're the ones who sold it first...

I've seen someone complain about how they sold a doll to someone and then they weren't happy with that the person did to the doll. You sold it, you give up your right to it. If you feel an emotional connection to the doll then don't sell it.

18. I suppose this makes sense. It's similar to how you're not allowed to sell your metal of honor because it's a national treasure and it cheapens the honor if your can readily purchase even if you aren't worthy.

That said, there's a huge difference between a metal of honor and a doll.

I can also see the contest holder wanting to prevent scalpers from ruining the fun for other people. However, I think it's fair that if you win a contest and the prize ends up not suiting you down the road that you should be able to sell it. After all, some poeple mostly participate in contests for the thrill, not the prize.

All that said, the original question was far different than this line of thought. I'd tell the original seller to get lost. That's none of their business.

19. As far aas I'm converned, once the winner had won the prize, they own it. If they then decide to sell it on, it's their property to sell. It's rather small-minded of the donator of the prize to try and stipulate what the winner of that prize can and can't do with once it becoems their property, the same way it is for the seller of an item to try and stipulate what the buyer does with the item once it bceomes their property.

Teddy

20. Really bizarre reaction from a seller. Once the item is paid for it is yours to do whatever you like with. Some people are just a bit odd.

#40 Kavarr, Jul 4, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2017