1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

'Reasonable' if last owner prohibit the new owner to resale?

Oct 14, 2016

1. This is like buying a table, and being told you can't ever refinish it. Except even more odd, given that customization is a big part of this hobby.

2. I agree. I understand that rules like these are intended to stop people from taking prizes they only intend to sell, but if they decide later on they'd like to sell it, how is that in any way reasonable? I'm going through this now. I won something and I was very excited for the prize. I received it after a long wait and now it's just not something I see myself using anymore. Ideally I would sell it and buy something I actually could use with the money, but I'm afraid to get "called out" for selling what was a prize. I love the shop I won it from and don't want to upset her (we also have mutual friends and I plan on purchasing more from her in the future). So now I'm stuck with a beautiful item that I don't really need or want anymore. It's sort of a specialty thing so I can't really give it to someone I know.

#42 Shojo-Chan, Jul 4, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    3. In the past I gave away some of my dolls and heads. I mean really give away, without any money being paid, mainly to struggeling newbies. I did ask them not to sell them if they no longer wanted them but to give them away to another newbie.

I asked this because I would have felt taken advantadge of if I give away a doll today only to see it sold days after.
      So far I know one of my dolls has moved on to the next newbie and as far as I know non has been sold.

However I did discuss this with the prospective owners before.

4. I'd say go ahead and sell it anyway - You won it, it's yours to do whatever you want with.

If I won a car in a competition oit would be no use to me as I don't drive, so I'd sell it and have the money for something I could make more use of.

Teddy

5. Ÿou bought it, it´s yours. It´s like you bought new PC and they send you a keybourd and mouse as a gift, but you´ve already have one. They can´t prohibit you to sell the extras...

6. if that's the case, last owner is being a dork. if the doll is so precious, don't sell it in the first place.

7. It's yours, you bought it and it was included in the price you paid. You paid for a fullset not 'gifts'. And even so - even if they were, they're your property now. You could burn them and post pics of the ashes with your doll doing ash angels and it'd still be your property.