1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for Doll Sexuality

Jan 14, 2010

1. I love reading your posts! I would respond to all of them but that would just be ridiculous! But I thank each and every one of you.

2. For those with straight dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Yep.
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      Heh, Yes.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      Family? Wha? I'm an adult. My family can't make me do anything anymore. When I do anything it's because I want to.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      I bought Rowena partly as a match for Lir, and Siofra is fond of Mathonwy, but Donovan is married to Khorae, who belongs to my roomie... so, Both.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless of sculpt?
      I think that some sculpts out there look far too feminine to belong to males, but the orientation of a character is entirely up to the creator of the character, not the shape of the sculpt.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      Well, Winter has lonnnng silvery grey hair, but other than that I think they tend to dress to general gender expectations.

Edit: I feel that this is a mature and interesting meme thing, but that several of these questions could/should be asked of owners of either Straight or Bi/Gay/Lesbian dolls, so I'm answering a few more of the questions:

-What draws you to wanting Straight dolls?
      These particular characters are not gay. *shrug*
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not, do they accept it or have you just not told them?
      Not with my family, but they don't ask me about my dolls' sexuality.
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      Admitting I don't own any gay, lesbian or bi dolls sometimes makes me feel a little awkward because people assume things about me or say I'm a "homophobe".
      -Is your doll straight simply because you are and gay just doesn't appeal to you?
      Yep, that's pretty much the simple reason right there.

3. Yes, I read through all of those and they did not answer some questions I had and I wanted to organize my thoughts in one post instead of 6 that did not cover all my thoughts. Sorry you do not approve, but I will leave it up to the Mods to decide if it goes or stays. I thankyou for your extensive research though, getting all those links takes time and I appreciate it.

4. For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?

It's a doll.

-Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?

Obviously it's my choice, as any doll sexuality would be the owner's choice.

-Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?

Pretty much. I find the whole concept of dolly sexuality to be pretty asinine, to be honest.

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?

Nope.

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?

Nope.

-Is your doll asexual due to your religious beliefs of any kind?

Nope. And let's be clear. My dolls are not asexual. They have no sexuality. Asexual would imply that they could even have some kind of sexual orientation. They can't. They're dolls. I know this view isn't "popular" around here, but what can I say? I have no interest in pretending that my dolls are alive, that they have sexualities, that they have favorite clothes and a favorite color of M&M.

5. I just don't really like girl dolls, so gathering a herd of boy dolls seems like I have 2 choices: They can be gay, or they can all be single.

While I don't want a giant pile of gay boy dolls, I don't want a ton of single ones with no romantic interests at all either, so I'll probably do a mix, depending on the sculpts I end up getting.

6. For those with undecided or bi dolls
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      At first intend most of my dolls were going to bue straight, but when they got their story, most turned bi, because of RP of because they're centuries old, and only men of women got boring, they turned bi..
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      indipendent
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family?
      no
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      no
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs?
      no, not really.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      hehe during RP most of my dolls found a partner, from another owner.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      one single friend.

7. A great topic! Its so interesting to hear everyones different responses!

For those with straight dolls
      Applies to a few of my lot...
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?- Most of them simply decided as their character developed.

-Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? I don't think there was a moment of decicion- many of them simply ARE. In a few cases, they were quite firm, generally because they have partners, and the partner might get a bit upset.

-Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? Pppht, no. I'm a character designer by trade, everything EVERYTHING is done to benifit the character- you can't live up to your contracts with preconceptions.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? No, not usually. One of them wanted herself a boyfriend, (and thus he is straight as well). One of them developed a girlfriend in a friends doll, but other then those three, they're all happy as they are.

-Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? The doll character decides, the sculpt is PART of the character the doll develops, but the sculpt really had no reflection on their sexuality

-Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) Um... I don't actually know any ANY of my gay friends who wears pink things. Unless its in fashion. So technically, all my guys are fairly stylish, so that MIGHT be seen as gay... or mertrosexual.... or well dressed... and one of my girls tends to wear knee britches, which might be construed as lesbian, but its not exactly a clear cut area.

For those with undecided or bi dolls
      Only one of these and he's MORE than enough! :sweat
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      The doll, definately. he's indulgent and lives in excess...

-Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent? Independant. Veeeery. It was his fullset outfit that set the bar. i just like pushing characters in different directions to see where they go

-Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family? Tch, no.
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama? No. If they're silly enough to get upset about the character of a DOLL's speculated sexuality, I really don't have time to hear about it.

-Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs? Hell no.
      -
      Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with? No, the character doesn't require a partner, so I feel no need to get him one.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      The character is non comittal, so no relationships- and dolls aren't needed

There are two more with no sexuality, but its entirely because they're child dolls... so its not really relevant.

8. I see some repeating questions and I changed the questions to something more generic, but I guess they are still similar to what Kidra Risirthid wants to know. I have a lot of dolls and each went through their own developments differently.

Was sexuality preset upon buying?
      Sometimes dolls arrive and then something different than what you wanted turns out to suit them better. My CP El was supposed to be straight, but became bi. I decided to get him a boyfriend and the boyfriend doll would be gay, but somehow it suited better if that doll was in denial. It happens in real life too, so those two dolls now just "hang out" together.
      For one of my girls I decided that she should be bi after I got her so she could hang out with girls too as at a certain moment I saw just too much boyXboy. Though most of my dolls start out as straight as a default setting and stay that way. I don’t think much about it anyway. I’m not much of a dolly match maker and I don’t run a dolly soap opera at home. ;)

Why did you choose a certain sexuality for your doll?
      Most dolls are straight as a default setting. I don’t think much about their sexuality, because they are dolls and not real people. It’s a detail and for me not a really important one. The default setting simply reflects myself, but I guess also cultural imprint.
      I chose my bi girl to be bi as an act of rebellion, but most dolls that are something else than straight turned out that way after I got them, except for the aforementioned "boyfriend", but that one just felt better if he was in denial. So he changed a bit after he got home.
      I also have a few dolls with no determined sexuality. Most of them are child characters and I left that detail blank. Not that I believe that children can’t have a sexuality, but it’s not something that keeps my mind occupied when I play with my tinies.
      One of them is a robot and is simply not programmed that way. I chose her to be "nothing".

Are there any sculpts that demand a certain sexuality or do you choose regardless of sculpt?
      Some sculpts do seem to have a certain stigma (How many straight CP Els are there?), but that’s the fun of this hobby. You can customise dolls endlessly. Usually I buy a doll and sexuality is not on my mind when I decide what I think is pretty enough to want it. I let the sculpt speak to me when I have it in hand.

What draws you to dolls of a certain sexuality?
      I like variation? Like in real life you have differences, not just in sexuality, and it sort of reflects in my doll collection. Maybe it’s curiosity too. I feel no need to experiment in real life, but "thought experiments" are safe and easy.

Controversy and sharing.
      I share my doll’s stories with a select group of people who are into dolls as well or understand story telling. Having a doll alone is enough to raise eyebrows in some, so I’m not going to baffle those with the fact that my dolls have names, preferences and relationships. The people who do understand don’t make an issue of it. People of whom I suspect they won’t understand or will have trouble with certain details, won’t get to hear them. It’s my hobby and I don’t need to share everything with everyone to be able to enjoy it.
      If someone would say "I don’t like X" and I have a doll who is X, then I won’t shove my doll in that person’s face. Same way I’d like to see that when I say "I don’t like Y", people won’t shove their dolls who are Y in my face.

Do you ever lie about your doll’s sexuality to avoid drama?
      If it would really come to that, I’d be hanging with the wrong kind of people. It’s a doll. It's scary if people can't put that into perspective.
      On the other hand, I may wisely keep my mouth shut if I know a certain person has issues with certain topics.

Is your doll of certain sexuality even though it is against your beliefs?
      I’m in this hobby for fun and relaxation. If a doll’s background would cause me inner turmoil, I’ll just change it so it will be fun again. I have no issue with gay, straight, asexual, and bi people so my dolls can be gay, straight, asexual, and bi without me feeling bad. I do have issues with for example paedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia, so I have no dolls who are into that, because that would make me uncomfortable and in the end it would be me who is making myself uncomfortable and why would I do that?

Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? Two partners for your bi dolls?
      Sometimes. As mentioned before I got a boyfriend for one of my bi dolls, but one of my other dolls is a father, so I got him a wife. (A happy family was missing in my collection. ^_^) Sadly the majority of my collection consists of straight boy dolls and I’m not that much into girl dolls. My girls are lucky. They get to chose. ;)
      I have two bi dolls and one of them has one partner and doesn’t cheat. The other is not involved with anyone. (She just doesn’t look good with any of my other dolls.)

9. All of my dolls have very different stories but I decided to answer the following questions about my first doll, Miyuki.

For those with undecided or bi dolls

Neither, I figured she would let me know what she wanted in her own way, which she did (Sorry Awtan!)
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent? In some ways yes, in other ways not at all.
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family? no
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama? No, I don't really care what people think about the sexuality of my doll. If they want to cause drama over something so silly then there is something wrong with them!
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs? No, I'm bi, so I'm pretty open.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with? Currently Miyuki is hooked up with Haru's guy. But she will soon be getting a girlfriend.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? Miyuki will be getting a girlfriend only, but I will be buying a male doll and making him a she. Miyuki is transgendered (something I had not planned on, it's a long story) and it seems right for her story.

10. For those whose dolls have no sexuality

I didn't choose, it has never crossed my mind till now.
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just don't, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      My dolls have no mind, so any choices are mine and as I said I never chose as it never occurred to me as I view them as inanimate objects incapable of emotion.

-Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?

Interestingly as I now am thinking about it, I can give both a sexuality based on how I see them. This would be my impression if they were alive, which they are not and therefore have no sexuality.
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      No

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?

No
      No

11. For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      I am not interested in romance, and I don't feel any desire to have my doll be in a relationship.

-Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just don't, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      She just doesn't. I didn't give it much thought. There might eventually be a case where I could imagine her character liking someone, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't know what kind of person/doll the other party would have to be for this to happen.

I don't know. It just seems a little weird for her personality. I don't usually make sexual characters.

It's not like I'd tell them about that kind of thing weather or not she had a sexuality, so this has no effect on my choice.

N/A

N/A

12. Since I have straight, lesbian and a few asexual dolls, I tried to answer the questions for all my dolls and tried to combine them. I have no bisexual dolls, and the reason why is also explained at the second question.

1 -Did you know your doll was going to be gay/straight/asexual when you bought him/her?
      Yes. Because most of the times when I create their character, I also find them a partner (or future partner) right away.

2 -What draws you to wanting gay/straight/asexual dolls?
      I just love to pair up my dolls into couples. I don't care if they are pared up with a boy or another girl. And since I prefer girl dolls, I have way more girls than dolls. And girl/girl couples look cute together too.

For my few asexual dolls, it is because they have either a brain defect (Skittles doesn't know any emotions, so also no love), because they are an android (Zorana - no emotions at all), or because they are just some special magical being, like Isadora. But that's because they are so special that I just can't pair them up. And if they have no parther, to me, it has no need to give them a sexuality. It might sound a bit odd, lol. But that is also the same reason why I have no bisexual dolls. My dolls are paired up with the idea that they will stay together forever. And if I pair a girl up with another girl, there is no need for her to be bisexual since she will never get a boyfriend.

3 -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      I just haven't really talked with my family about my dolls personality or backgrounds. So also not about their sexuality. But if they will ask, or if the subject randomly comes up, I will not hide it, since I don't see being gay as a bad thing. So why hide it? Because others might see it as a bad thing? Than this is an opportunity to try and open up their mind a bit.
      But overall, my family isn't really negative towards being gay, I believe.

4 -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay/staight/asexual or do you choose all on your own?
      I choose them all my own.

5 -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      Maybe a bit. I have fell in love with boys and girls a few times in the past, but I don't like the sexual part in a relationship. And overall I feel most happy when I am single.
      So for myself, I do not call myself either straight, gay, bisexual or asexual since I have not figured it out yet. And because I don't really want a relationship in the future, for me there is no need to find it out.
      So I guess that's why my dolls have their sexuality depending on whom they are paired up with.
      But on the other hand... I have a lot of lesbian dolls because I prefer owning girl dolls. So I don't want to let them be all single and I just pair them up together if they match in personality and looks. But that doesn't mean that I like girls more than boys in real life.

6 -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay/bi/straight to hook up with?
      Yes, but just because I like couples. They just look cute together. And I always pair my dolls up with another one from my own crew. I wouldn't pair mine up with someone else's doll.
      Usually when I order a doll, I already have a partner in my mind for her. With mold included.

7 -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      No.

8 -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      If people ask, they will get an honest answer. I will not be hiding it, because I don't see being gay as a bad thing and I don't like other people who do so. So if they don't like it, it is their problem. And hopefully it might open their mind a bit.

9 -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      No, see question no. 5.

13. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      I haven't bought her yet, but I knew quite some time ago, while I was still devising a character for her.

-What draws you to wanting gay dolls?
      I don't really 'want' my doll to be any specific sexuality. I suppose lesbian dolls are a bit of a rarity though.

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      I haven't told them, but they'd accept it anyways.

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      I think many male sculpts tend to look rather feminine, but when it comes down to basics that really doesn't mean much in terms of sexuality. There are a few I see that I'd think would be gay though, if I owned them.

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      A little of both. I'm straight, but I also rarely find men attractive. I find women much more pleasing to look at, I'm just not a lesbian. Enid doesn't really look at love in terms of gender, she's just always leaned towards girls.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      It'd be nice, certainly. I've been looking around for another doll, but haven't been lucky yet.

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      I didn't think Enid would have a sexuality to begin with. She IS a doll. :XD:

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      I do have a few homophobic relatives, but it's not that severe of an issue because they respect that my side of the family is more liberal. And I don't really see a need to bring up her sexuality much anyways.

-Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      Nope. All romances on the sexuality plane delight me. <3

14. -Did you know your dolls was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Yep! o uo

-Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      I guess I chose for them to be straight. Lol. XD

-Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      Naw. I'm thinking about getting a pair of gay dolls, just because. Haha. But I guess I just chose for them to be straight 'cause they looked cute together. And that's how I made them in mah story. X'D

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      I bought my first girl her love interest. I began to write the story they're in. And I realleh wanted to get him before I simmered down on the BJD spending. Lol. But yeah. My next few dolls will have a partner, due to my story. But I don't think all of them will. If not a partner, maybe a family member or something. o Ao;

-Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      I'm sure I would choose regardless of sculpt whether they'd be straight or not. XD

-Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.
      I'd say they're obviously straight. I mean, sometimes you can't tell with style. But considering my story says so, and they're both sitting on my shelf holding hands. I'd say it's obvious to those around them. XD <3

15. For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?

The only reason Carousel is technically gay is because the partner he picked happens to be a guy 0.o I didn't really expect him to be particularlly interested in relationships and what not, but the way the storyline went, it just sort of developed naturally.
      -What draws you to wanting gay dolls?

A lot of my characters who will be dolls are gay. It's simply because my partner and I prefer to roleplay male characters. It's just fun.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?

My family is really liberal. No controversy.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?

I honestly don't think any sculpt demands it. It's kind of like saying a person's bone structure determines whether they're gay or straight. meh.
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?

I fall in love with a person, not a gender. Some of my characters reflect that, while others have a different view point. I have one or two who are flat out woman haters 0.o it's just interesting to see from a different point of view periodically.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?

Most of the dolls I'm getting have partners already through roleplays with my partner. Most of the dolls we want to get are already partnered, though the order doesn't really match up so some will be pining for a little while. If I get a doll who isn't previously matched up, I would deffinately be interested in finding someone who has a single doll and seeing if they hit it off. But again, I'm an avid writer and roleplayer and that's what appeals to me.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?

A lot of the characters of my dolls sort of end up... not quite as they were intended. Like mentioned before, Carousel was intended to be pretty much asexual.

I don't mention it to people I know would have a problem with it, like my mormon friends, etc.
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?

Nope. It's just sort of how it happened.

To add to this a little- I have a lot of characters I want to turn into dolls, and many of them are gay but one or two will be the odd out straight ones. But to me gender is a moot point, and a lot of my characters reflect the fact. They fall in love with the person, gender is a moot point. And before you think I'm crazy- I'm an avid, avid writer, and when I say my characters develop in unintential ways, it's because when I wrote them or roleplayed them in certain situations, it ended up turning out differently than I would have expected.

16. -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?
      She didn't want to tell me what's her sexuality. I thought she's straight, but I just cannot imagine her with a boy.
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      I said she don't want to tell, so I actually think she just haven't.
      Because she's not that person who needs a pair.
      Nope.
      I'm young myself, but I don't think that would probleme if I'll get a girl/boy with sexuality.
      I think...no. I'm Romano-Catholic (religious), but I think the sexuality is a naturally thing. (if the man/woman is straight, if she/he is gay, but I think I won't have gay doll)

17. Well most of my dolls are either kind of non-sexual (my anthros - who are gendered but very childlike, my Rosette girls who are young teens in an all-girl boarding school in Victorian England) or who are just not sexually active (I don't own any boys!!). I have had one girl/girl pairing in the past and i just got 2 new girls that turned out gay ... but it certainly wasn't planned, they just wound up having a wonderful chemistry together. I'm married to a guy but i've been bisexual for as long as i recall i guess gender doesn't enter into the conversation when it comes down to who i'm attracted to so non-straight pairings weren't an issue for me but neither was it any kind of requirement or impetus (does that make sense?). I guess some of their sexuality does come from me, just like a portion of their personalities come from me, but it's a mixture of my feelings and their sculpts and circumstances. circumstances being other dolls in the house! My Miyu, for example, loves boys i just don't have boys in the house generally.

18. Well, since this hasn't been shut down yet I guess it must be okay. ^_^; I'll respond in regards to Yoru, since Sage....er, he's five. >.>

For those with Gay dolls

-Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? Since he is based on one of my roleplaying characters, yes.

-What draws you to wanting gay dolls? I don't particularly. By the time I complete my collection I'll have gay, straight AND bi dolls. =/

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? It would raise hell with my dad if I told him. =P Mom and my sister are both aware of it, though, and it doesn't bother them.

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? Appearance has NOTHING to do with sexuality. It's entirely up to the preference of the owner.

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?I have dolls of every alignment, so no, it has nothing to do with me.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? Er, well, Yoru HAS a doll version of his partner because I bought him. ^_^; Considering how important his lover and his family are to him, I couldn't very well leave him alone.

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs? Yoru wasn't meant to be gay. In fact he was into girls before he met Korin...I guess that technically makes him bi. ^_^; Oh well.

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?If anyone asked, it wouldn't bother me to tell them. But typically you don't go up to people and say 'hi, this is my doll and he's gay." ^_^;

-Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?Nope, I'm straight. :sweat

19. For those with undecided or bi dolls

He was originaly staight because he has a girlfriend, but eventualy he does fall in love with his best friend, who is a boy.
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      It's independent. Or really, his falling in love with Killian is something I would do, so maybe it is an expression of me? XD
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family?
      As far as anyone but Sydney(who owns Nika's girlfriend Sume) is concerned, he's straight. Though, no one's asked, and I don't volunteer that info.
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      Yes, that's exactly what I'd do if the situation came up. Others have no part in his life, or my own and what I do with my dolls, so to placeate them for the moment till they leave, I just say what I think they would want to hear.
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs?
      I'm Christian, so those beliefs say it's wrong, but personaly I don't believe that. I love my gay and bi friends, and to me, there's no difference because of someone's sexuality.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      Nika's girlfriend belongs to Sydney, but Killian is mine. In this case, neither character is in doll form yet, but some day I will buy Killian and some day Syd will buy Sume. And yes, because of Nika's story, he always has someone with him that he loves.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)
      I don't feel the need to, but I did because based Nika's age, falling in love with both genders is a story device to help him grow up and get over the traumas of his past.