1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for Doll Sexuality

Jan 14, 2010

1. I have 9 boy dolls. They're all friends, nothing more, nothing less. I'm asexual, this is why all my boys are asexual too, for now ^^ btw I'm a yaoi fan but I never felt the need to have gay dolls, or straight ones to say the least...I'm just not interested in romance at all, I'm more of a friendly/brotherly love person and this is reflected on my dolls.

2. This made me laugh out loud!!! Too much!!!

3. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      Yes. Kai and Draven were both precreated characters that were with each other, both male. Kai is flat out gay and has been gay his whole "life"
      -What draws you to wanting gay dolls?
      I am sexually attracted to men being together. I have always found a liking in Yaoi and a lot of my favorite pairings are two males. So it was only natural for that to wind up in my story.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      My mom knows that my dolls are gay with each other. And she doesn't appear to have a problem with it, but she sure as heck thinks it's odd. When my family visits and sees my one male doll's arm over my others body, it probably looks a bit strange to them. Especially because they don't really take a liking to me dolls in the first place, AND are extremely against homosexual people.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      I have to say that the SD boys that look very very cute and vulnerable tend to scream out "gay" to me. And a lot of the more manly female sculpts tend to do the same. However, that is a generalization of the gay communitites, and it's slightly steriotypical of me to think that way.
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      Their sexuallity is completely different. I have no feelings for people of the same sex as myself, but I know a lot of others do. And I think that is perfectly okay. You love who you love, and no one can tell you any different :)
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      Well considering my boys were precreated and were meant to be together from the start, I don't think I bought the other to "give him a partner", it was more the doll was meant to be there in the first place. I would never have the notion to hook my doll up with another person's doll, unless they were one of my IRL friends who collect also.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      Nope. ^^
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      Deffinately. The guy I like has extreme conservative views and thinks that homosexuality is morally wrong. I couldn't disagree with him more, but I don't want to start an argument by showing him my dolls. >.<
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      No. As stated before, it's because I have attractions to males with males. But I am not a lesbian nor am I bi.

Now, I also have a bi doll and a straight doll. I have come to see it as it really doesn't matter what sexuality I choose for my dolls. They are all as equally close to my heart as the other, and I don't give to craps what anyone else has to say about them and my choices for their characters. I am who I am, and I will choose who they are and that is how it will be. ^^ &#9829;

4. Bwhahahahaha! The Goddess has spoken. Classical adaptation to enviromental change.
      ^achem^
      I have all sorts of genders and sexual preferences in my collection. Most of which fall into being bisexual. One is strictly gay, one says he is straight but his girlfriend is transgendered. I have two boys who are assexual..one is autistic and the other is an alien. And then there is the girl who I didn't know was gay untill I saw the doll destined to be her girlfriend for sale in the Market Place. While looking at her sales thread I thought, "Hey, she'd be perfect to be Hael's girlfriend...wait, Hael has a girlfriend?"
      Sexual identity is a part of life. Even if your own perference is to be straight. I think that making these choices for our dolls is one of the things that makes them more real to us. Sexuality is the key to the human condition.

5. I actually have a hard time with this. Not by choice, I don't really have alot of gay or bi friends, like jsut one who's bi so it's hard for me to create a character that seems so artificial or stereotypical because all I have to go off of is TV, stories, and things I've heard, which isn't reality and I'd really rather have a doll that I got a vibe from that really was that certain about their sexuality, I'd want it to be genuine and individual in how to portray them. It's wierd because I don't really buy dolls to match them up, but sometimes they end up doing that or giving me vibes they don't like others. Like my little innocent blonde Cherry will not pose with my Lishe boy punk. ever. period. and I though they'd be a good couple...

For those with straight dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      When I bought May, Autumn, and Rose, I knew for certain they'd be straigh because I had the time to flesh out their characters to the point where I knew their type, and when I had them in my hands it didn't change at all.
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? I deisnged them to be and then when I had them, it still felt that way.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? They're straigh because, for above reasons, I have little knowledge on how they would be gay or bi. In my mind, as a person, if they were real, that would be there preference.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? I would love to have mates for my dolls, but I find that it almost happens by itself or they just tend to not choose options. My AOD girl I had would only behave around a certain boy doll who turned out to be gay or bi or something of another owner but I never had any great urge to tell the owner that my girl had a crush because I felt it would be uncomfortable. otherwise I've never really felt a connection to other's peoples dolls and mine. and if I felt I really made a character that would equal out the doll's character, i would probably buy their mate. Don't want to rush anything, most of MSD are supposed to be young anyway.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?eh I like making alot of boy sculpts into girls and girls into guys so I can't really say I see a face and say "that is one straight doll! Or that doll is sooo gay!"
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) Lol everone says Autumn is gay, because he was a model and wears fashionable clothes, and has sparkly shoes, but he like women...alot...and has a crush on my obitsu 55cm, so I think he has a thing for shorties too.

For those with undecided or bi dolls
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      All my other MSDs are pretty undecided and might be bi. My Aiden (lishe boy) isn't metro or girly in one bit but as I started making his character up and decided he was best friends with Liam mt Cherry boy, it kind of seemed like maybe he struggles with liking Liam, but he's had girlfriends and deff likes girls, He likes Adele (liam's sister) as well, but Adele seems to try to avoid him.
      my mod Shushu Lola has been very friendly with her female housemates and she has such a strong feminine personality I see her turning down alot of guys, and I know she likes manly men, big strong guys, but maybe she also has a soft side for some cute girls? I don't know...
      Laim gets alot of attention from the ladies, but he turns them down, he's very narrow minded when it comes to girls, he wants a specific personality, I'm kind of molding that personality arounda Ryeon right now...I tihnk her name will be Melody.
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent? Well I don't really get feeling from dolls other than if they are >misbehaving< or not, but their characters and actions give me clues, and I intended Aiden to be straight and Lola to be straigh, but I'm so sure anymore, so maybe I have some more developing to do.
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family?
      LIke I said about Autumn being teased, my whole family has decided he's gay, even tough I'm sure he's not. My mom said when I first got him that I "made him that way" becuas eof the way I dressed him and I told her he's kind of metro not gay and she was like "no, he's gay, I know it." But my other dolls my family really doesn't care or seem to notice, the girls they don't even ask, the guys (which I think alot of scrutiny is placed on guys for sexuality) they either ask or they assume. lol
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama? I've only ever had Autumn directly asked, and he's striagh because he is. I don't know if others have really asked or I don't remember, I probably would say undecided or striaght for those I was sure for.
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs? I think everyone has a character, and not all my characters are christian, like me, and yes technically it would be viewed as "wrong" but it doesn't mean I wouldn't love them anymore, because God definitely still loves all people, no matter what. If I feel for the characer to develope they need to experiment or even become bi or gay that I would view it as wrong, other people may pass judgments but I've made a charcter who's an old west saloon girl that used to be a prostitute, I don't expect people to understand why I would create an ex prostitute woman. Its just character developement.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with? For Liam, like I said, he has a very specific view on a "good woman" for him, having two sisters he's seen alot of drama, so I bought a head and when I saw it in person I knew she could be the one for him, once she's finished we'll see how it goes...as for Lola, if she goes around feeling up other people's girl dollies I'd appologize, but I wouldn't seek out anyone to hook my dollies up.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? Aiden has his friend Liam, whom is the one he struggles with his feelings for, Liam is straight so he won't go for Aiden, so Aiden will have to deal. I think I have plenty of girls that would fit his type if he ever does completely decide on stay straight or if he's sure he's gay. If was for sure gay I would probably seek out another doll that would fit his personality to be his lover in hopes they would fit. But as I said the character developes me and partially its dolls being together, so I would hope they would get along.

6. For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      Yes I did~

I wrote a semi-short story.. thats where the idea came from. And then I took 2 members from my favorite Japanese band and... yah. :D -They belong together <3-

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      I dont live at home but my parents are pastors so YES. My mom hated my dolls. My dad was "eh" about them. But he'd hold them if I asked for a photo and stuff. My mom wouldnt.

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      Not at all. I choose my own.

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      Well Im bisexual if thats what your asking. My SD is gay, my MSD was gay but he is no longer with me ;~; but he will be updraded to SD size.. and yah.. gay. My NEW SD that is on his way is bisexual. And my MSD head which is waiting for her body will be either straight or bisexual. Not sure yet. I still have a lot of thinking to do for her but she will be my 1st girl. I guess its beause I always think of who is "right" for them. And.. idk. Asagi belongs with Ruiza~ Shinji belongs with that nameless beautiful man~ and Jun... IDK abotu Jun yet. Like I said, I still have some thinking to do for her. Its fate! XD

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      I guess I like fairy tales with perfect love endings.. SO yes I'd like them to have partners.

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      I am in no way against homosexuals. And I always give my dolls a backround story before they arrive... ussualy I pick a doll AFTER I choose a story actually ^^

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      I dont want my dolls being 'whored' around. They are whom they are with and yah.

-Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      LOL Maybe? But Im bisexual. BUUUT Jun might be straight. Oh and straightness isnt something wrong or grose in my eyes. I love everyone <3

7. XDDDDDDDDDDD ooomg this made me laugh XDD <3

8. I agree. That's the best answer anyone could've given. :lol:

9. For those with straight dolls

Yes
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      The characters were straight therefore their doll form is straight
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      No, but I do not have gay characters all of my characters are straight
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      Rhiannon and Adam are partners and all other adult age dolls of mine are planned to have their SO in doll form.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      I choose my molds on what I believe to be the best match for a character, don't care what others think what the mold "should" be.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      Rhiannon and Adam are obviously straight. Rhiannon wears anything a normal girl would wear. Adam wears only pants and jeans and shirts, no dresses or girly items of any sort.

A minor side note, only two of my dolls are used as all my other dolls are children.

10. For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?

Because it'd allow me more ways to pose my doll w/o feeling limited. :) & furthur more, I think my girl doesn't like boys and I totally refuse to let her be lesbian ;P
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      I think for me, it's more because she just don't have a sexual preference. She's fine with posing with any doll, but if I told her, " this is your Bf ", she'd sulk forever.
      -Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      I won't feel weird if I had to give my girl a sexuality, I treat her more of a real girl than just a doll.
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      ermm... Nope
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      there isn't any young children at home... & I arn't THAT young either.. So nope, both reasons don't qualify .
      -Is your doll asexual due to your religious beliefs of any kind?
      definately not. Probably she isn't lesbian because of my religion ;P But I view posing for photos and being REALLY lesbian as 2 different things :)

11. ~ For those with Gay dolls ~

Yes
      Nothing -draws- me to wanting one really, its just his character ^^
      They don't know...yet. But I doubt it'll cause any controversy. My family knows not to make derogatory comments or negativity about -anyones- sexuality (no matter what it may be) in my presence. I just don't have the patience for it.
      Not in my eyes. There are indeed many feminine looking male sculpts out there, but for me its just what -looks- like my character. I don't think any particular feature makes anyone look 'gay' or 'straight'.
      I'm not quite sure, and have been asking myself that same question actually. Nearly all of my characters are male and identify as gay, while I am a lesbian. So yea...haven't quite figured that out yet xD;;
      Most of my characters that I plan to put in doll form are already in a relationship with Ashael's characters. I may own a complete couple in the future, but as of yet all my characters are paired with her's.
      Nope. My characters sort of just -poof- into existence with their sexuality in tact. Also, it'd be hypocritical for gay dolls to go against my beliefs based on my own sexual orientation.
      I don't really flaunt my own, or my doll's sexuality, but most of the people I associate with have no problem whatsoever with sexual orientation. Though I must admit that I am more quiet about such things around my family to the point of avoiding the subject all together.
      Nope. I do have a couple of straight characters, it just so happens that they are outnumbered

---

I couldn't help but make it all rainbow lol. ;)

12. Thankyou Emblen, the rainbow was very entertaining and pleasing to the eye. It is interesting that you are lesbian and yet most of your dolls are gay (in a male x male sense, not just a general term)

13. 'Kay, I answered both the gay doll section and the bisexual/undecided doll section, since I have one of each. :)

For those with Gay dolls
      Yes.

I wanted male dolls, because I wanted something different. I'd had enough female dolls growing up as a child. As a female, I've imagined what I would be like if I were a male, and I don't think I'd be able to be with girls, because I'd feel utterly terrible about the possibility that I could accidentally knock them up and cause all sorts of problems for them that I wouldn't ever have to deal with directly. Hence, I guess I'm somewhat uncomfortable with my male doll characters being heterosexual. :sweat

My family and I generally don't discuss my dolls.

It doesn't have anything to do with sculpt, for me.

See the second question from the top.

Yes. Already bought.

No.

I don't generally do much sharing of my dolls except on the internet. :huh?:

Nope, see above.

-Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      Hmmm. Naoki... surprised me. It's complicated. I had thought his character would end up being gay, but he's somewhere in-between and undecided, even though he's in a committed relationship with another male.

-Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      Yeah, see the answers above yet again, lol.

No.

-Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      I don't ever say he's straight or gay to please someone else or avoid drama, but I do say it occasionally because it's easier than explaining his complex sexuality to people.

-Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs?
      No. I don't have any such beliefs.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      Yes. Already bought.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      If he's bisexual, he's bisexual - NOT polyamorous. He has his boyfriend, and he doesn't have feelings for anyone else.

14. Did any of your dolls end up being gay/bi even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      I only have Yo-SD's at the moment, and I've never really thought about sexuality with either of them, mostly for that reason. But I will say that, despite my religion (I'm Roman Catholic) I would be fine with having gay/lesbian/bi/whatever doll characters because I personally believe that if that's how you're made, there ain't anything wrong with that. I'm okay with this because scientists/psycologists etc for the most part believe it to not be choice (for most people, I won't speak for everyone because I'm not them nor do I know them) and because my own religion actually agrees with this (but believes it's still sinful to act on it, even if you're made that way) and teaches that everything God makes is good. If someone suggested being straight was a choice, everyone would laugh their asses off. I don't see why it doesn't go the other way.
      So for me, it's no problem, and this is why. As for the "Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?" I wouldn't share it with anyone who I knew had a problem with such things.

15. For those with bi dolls

he was always supposed to be bi.
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      i don't really know what you mean. hmm, so i'll leave this blank.
      as in because he's bi? they don't know, and he's the only doll i have, so...so far, no.
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      absolutely not. he's bi cos he likes both guys and girls. :D no other reason.
      haha, no. i am totally open to people's sexual peferences. i'm a free thinker, so i guess it's easier for me to think like this. personally, i think anyone's sexuality is their own choice, so i just accept it.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      ...he was supposed to have a boyfriend, but then i've decided to save for another doll. so he'll be single...until i somehow manage to buy him his bf. XD. i want to buy his bf someday, because he was the one of the earliest character i had in mind. no, i won't find another doll owner's doll for him to hook up with. mainly cos i'm lazy to go around and stuff.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)
      haha, it's not worded funny. hmm, no, i don't feel the need for it. he's a strong believer of monogamy 8D so either he has a girlfriend or he has a boyfriend. he won't have both at the same time. XD

16. -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      --I wanted her to be a lesbian. lol! But I really love one of my friend's dolls, and they've become best friends. So I'm leaving it open. :)

-- She is completely independent. We are separate beings.

--No? Maybe my dad. He pretty much ignored her though.

--No. Like my own sexuality, I don't say anything unless it comes up. why bother?

--No. lol~ That'd be interesting.

-- No. For the most part, she'll remain single forever. I think. Her best friend's a demon and way too old for her :c

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...)
      --Um... No. If the right doll comes along, then maybe. But she's just fine being single. lulz<3

17. Since I plan to have dolls that go under all the catagories, I shall just fill them all out!

For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him?

Yup!
      Gay men are just more likable/relatable to me.
      I havn't told them.
      My system is: HAY! I need a gay boy... oh he's pretty!
      All my dolls are a fraction of myself, I intend to write about them so 'write what you know' you know?
      My boy gets a homophobic boyfriend :) I'm saving for him right now <3
      ...No.
      My grandparents, lol!
      I'm... complicated. But I dun likey straight charcters. Again, the whole likable thing.

-Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought her?

Yup. Cause I needed an ebil antagonist for my other dolls.
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      She, and her character demanded.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      She's straight as opposed to gay, because I dont like her. She's ebil, as I've mentioned before.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      Nou! She's 9!
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      I only have one straight doll, and thats all I really want. So I'm not thinking about the straight-thing when I'm browsing.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      Well, she likes to tell Victory to burn things. And things = men. And she has a voodoo doll named Larry that she hurts when ever she's in a psycotic feminist mood.
      So if anything, you'd think she was Lez. But she isn't. Cause she's a homophobe :(

Guh, I dont like Bi anythings. Naw, my boy is Polysexual (Whcih means, he'll love everything, EXCEPT...!)
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his sexuality independent?
      His rules on what he can love are based pretty much directly off my own
      He isn't with me yet, and even then I wouldn't tell anybody 'bout his prefrences.
      If I really dont feel like getting into it, I'll say he loves the peen. Any other time, I'll say "He loves everything~ Except that chick over thar."
      Not Bi! Poly!! And I would NEVER have a Bi doll. The concept of "Both" just doesn't appeal to me.
      I say yes, his character says no. He NEEEEEEEDSS love, and he cant get all the love he NEEEEEDSS from just one person, you know?
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      He has a friend with Gender Identity Disorder (Still not Transgender/transsexual!)
      An asexual friend who acts like a dog.
      A pansexual friend who has more in common with walls.
      And a mentally unstable Tranny friend.

For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?

Because she's a namesake for my dog So I really cant think of her in that way.
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      Again the whole "I CANT SEE IT, EVER HAPPENING D: "
      -Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      Dog, dog, dog, dog
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      Puppy goes woof!
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      Again, she spends most of her time trying to smell the other BJD's butts.
      -Is your doll asexual due to your religious beliefs of any kind?
      Noppers!

18. Filling out three of these because I have boys who fall under all of this.

Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      No, I actually didn't know they were. Except for Jordi, I knew because I promised Shoji the next complete male doll was going to be his boyfriend. As far as Shoji is concerned, I didn't know. I didn't really know Jordi was going to take to Shoji like he did. They just worked out.

What draws you to wanting gay dolls?
      Nothing actually draws me to wanting gay dolls to be honest. It's how the characters play out. I can't exactly say I really planned on ever owning a boy who would be gay.

Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      No, they don't at all. My mom loves my boys and their gayness. So does my grandmother. My mom always goes and says, "Give me my gay grandson." She also says, "He looks better in a dress than I do." It's more a joke than anything, but she loves them. :)

Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      I don't think any sculpt demands to be a sexual orientation. They just wind up that way with me. I didn't choose for them to wind up gay. (Unless we're talking about Jordi.)

Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent
      No, they don't. They're completely dependent. I, myself, am completely straight, while two of my boys are completely gay.

Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      I bought Shoji his partner, Jordi. Originally Shoji had a partner who was a doll of another owner, but things happened and they wound up apart. Shoji is now completely happy and content with Jordi.

Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      Yes, Shoji did. He wound up being gay even though I didn't think it would happen. My mom always said something was off and it was the fact that Shoji was missing a dress. As a joke I put him in one, one day. That was what was missing. So Shoji wound up being gay.

Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      No, I'm totally comfortable saying, he is gay and a male. Most people mistake him for a girl and I simply respond with, no he's male and gay. I have no issues saying it to anyone. When it comes to Jordi, he's got a button with two male restroom symbols holding hands and it's blue. It says Yaoi Love on it and he wears it proudly. Shoji has one that says, Beware: I have the gay and it's catching.

Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      I'm not gay at all, I'm straight as anything. They're just gay because that's who they are.

For those with straight dolls (answering this too because I have straight dolls. xD)

Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Nope, I had no idea that Adonis was going to be straight. I never really know with my boys when I get them.

Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      I didn't choose for Adonis to be straight. He demanded it. He saw a female doll and if I remember right he fell all over her. So I knew he was straight.

Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      See above questions for answers. :P

Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      I kinda feel like I should get Adonis a female. Mostly because Shoji has a boyfriend and Adonis seems to hate me for not getting him a girlfriend. He also seems like he's lonely.

Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      See above.

Is your doll obviously straight or does their style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      I think it's obvious he's straight, however he has a shoulder length wig. People seem to mistake him for a female because of that but, I still think it's obvious he's male and straight.

For those whose dolls have no sexuality

Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?
      I didn't choose for Draven to have no sexual preference, he just doesn't. He's never really shown a general interest in males or females.

Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just don't, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      He just has no sexual preference because he doesn't. I didn't choose for him to be that way, he just decided to.

Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      I would not feel weird giving him a sexuality if he wanted one. I have straight and gay dolls so, I have no problems giving sexuality to my dolls.

Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      No. (see above for the rest of the answer.)

Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      No. (see above for rest of answer.)

Is your doll asexual due to your religious beliefs of any kind?
      Nope, he just is cause he is.

19. For those with Gay dolls
      No, actually, I intended all of them to be straight. For some reason though, most of my characters don't seem to follow that designated path either. I guess it kind of varies.
      Really, it's all about personality. I only have one major gay doll with many in thought. His personality just won't let him be with a woman.
      My mom thinks it's weird. She's okay with gay people, but gay dolls tend to freak her out. Everyone else is pretty cool with it otherwise.
      Not necessarily. I think it's more the character than anything. Or maybe me. Some dolls just scream at you like that.
      Most likely independent. Either that or it's all in my head.
      Only with certain characters. For example, Zac didn't really have a lover until I decided he seemed rather lonely. Some I actually plan to buy in pairs and save longer opposed to buying then saving and buying than saving. It's probably just the romantic in me.
      Not really against my beliefs. But, yes. My second and third doll had absolutely no character until they were with me. It all went uphill from there.
      Not particularly. I honestly don't care. Most of my friends and family have already gotten past the shock that I have dolls, so the idea that some of them are gay don't really phase them that much.
      I actually ask myself that. I'm bi, so it kind of comes across that way. Honestly though, I think it's just them.
      I had no idea. He just doesn't settle anywhere. I do imagine him with some cute girl though.
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be straight?
      Demanded.-Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      No.
      No. I think he's cool with being single.
      It's all about preference.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does their style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      He wears a lot of black if that helps.

I wanted one of them to be gay to start with, but he just kind of scoffed at the idea. It's more like he'd go with anything. I always kind of thought of him as a 'hit-on-anything-that-moves' kind of guy. And my other one is just too young to even start thinking about that.
      Maybe. Probably not.
      Probably not.
      No. Again, I really don't care. Either people like it or don't.
      Not against my beliefs.
      Not really. He's very independent I guess. I always kind of thought he would go moan and complain to his friends when he got dumped. (Often)
      No. Again, he's single and always will be.

20. Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      when making his persona, I was intending for him to be straight. But once I got him... that kinda flew out the window, at first I thought he was gay, but now I'm thinking he's Bi.
      it's probably a very large part to me being insanely in love with the idea of being a gay male. *is straight female)
      nope~ They where actually more shocked to hear he wasn't fully gay.
      nope! if they don't like that he doesnt care about gender, they can shove it!
      I have no beliefs that can be gone against... unless he was homophobic. But, it's entirely possible for me to have a doll who is. I have several characters who are against my beliefs, I can't see why a doll would be different.
      I would love to either find another doll owner in my area, or another doll for my boy. Whether they be male or female. Even if it's just a none sexual relationship! He loves to snuggle <3
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat) No,while I personally don't have anything against those who are bi and have multiple partners, much like someone of any sexuality having multiple partners. Yue, on the other hand believes that there is no need <3 He's still a bit confused about the whole relationship issue. He's only been able to meet his "bigger brother" who lives in Scotland, while Yue and I live on the west coast US. He's nervous to tell his brother about being 'undecided' though, since the poor boywas recently traumatized when he stumbled on his 'mums' yaoi collection -_-'''