1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for Doll Sexuality

Jan 14, 2010

1. My doll's pansexual. And he wants me to buy him a spare penis, as well as make him a giant clay one. He kinda scares me O_O

2. For those with undecided or bi dolls
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      Always. She's a succubus, and in my mind, I always see them as pansexual anyway. She's married to a man, but her nature is that she doesn't really care about gender.
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      Independent.
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family?
      My friends don't care, but I know a lot of my family would (unfortunately, they're very much against homosexuals....) If I even told them, they would make me give my doll away (yes, even if I changed her sexuality right then, they would believe the thought was infused into her or something and wouldn't allow her around)
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      I don't really explain that deeply into their lives to too many since most people aren't interested, but those that are, I tell them regardless because in the case of friends/random people, it doesn't really matter to me. I would never tell my family about it for above reasons, but I doubt they even realize that I go that far into creating their stories. I'm sure they just think I collect them to make them look pretty.
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs?
      It is against my religion, but as for me, I'm all for love between any combination of genders!
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      I will be buying her husband someday. It's part of the storyline.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      She's a queen, so she doesn't really have many friends. I guess she could have friends, but I haven't really thought that far ahead ^^; It wouldn't matter the sexual preference of the person.

For those whose dolls have no sexuality
      -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?
      For Tokujo, I had created a history not only of her but of demons in general. She is still in the Imp stage, which I decided that by nature would not be interested in sex (even though she's half succubus). Also, she's very interested in the world since she's never been able to roam free on Earth until now. As a result, she doesn't think about that sort of thing anyway. As for the twins Hajnal and Dysmas, it just kind of happened. It does make sense, considering their lives, but it wasn't something I specifically planned like my other dolls.
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      Tokujo, it was my choice. The twins, it just kind of happened.
      -Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      It wouldn't be weird because it's a doll, but it would be weird for their particular personalities.
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      Nope, just part of their stories.
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      Lol, again, it's just part of their stories. I just wouldn't talk to kids about that sort of thing. I don't know if they'd understand anyway.
      -Is your doll asexual due to your religious beliefs of any kind?
      Nope ^^

3. I guess I don't think much about doll sexuality when I make up a character for a doll. Whatever sexual identity they end up having is just a small part of their personality. I like the idea of partners for my dolls and sometimes buy new dolls with that in mind, but they don't always turn out to be suited to each other after I get them home, so I have mostly singletons. I have adult, young teenager, and small child dolls as well as a few fantasy creatures. I don't make up elaborate stories for my dolls, just a kind of rough outline as a basis for random photoshoots. I only think of the adult dolls as having sexual identities and those are ambiguous and varied, depending on my whims. I like to leave my options open. Edit: I don't discuss my dolls' imaginary lives with anyone in my family or with most of my friends, only with other doll people on forums.

4. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      My first boy came to me as a surprise. I had no idea what his orientation would be until a few weeks had passed in his company xD
      The other two that I am working on getting, however, are both decidedly gay.

-What draws you to wanting gay dolls?
      I think they're flamboyant xD Iunno, it just makes for more amusing conversation topics with my friends. I'm also quite the yaoitard, so I guess that doesn't help at all D|

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      I haven't told them =w= He only acts gay when we're out in public or over with friends anyway. They need never know~

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      So far, I've waited for them to just come out of the closet.
      Though the two that I'm planning on getting have been pre-decided. I'm sorta worried they won't like each other though xD;

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      Independent.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      With my first boy, no. He's free to wander around as he pleases as the perverted little minstrel that he is.
      However, the two I'm planning to get will have each other to love, eventually =w=

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      Yes. I fully intended for my first boy to be a heterosexual bard, but he obviously had other ideas once he met my friend's RS Song Dx;

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      Nope xD

-Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      Not at all.

5. (I dont have a doll yet, but I'm pretty sure this info wont change)
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      The older ones will be gay. The little one will find anything romantic gross.
      Because I think its cute. Straight kinda isnt very appealing to me.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not do they accept it or have you just not told them?
      I might keep it a secret till they look at any of the pictures and ask.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own?
      I choose. Sure they look kinda girly but the characters I chose kinda do too depending on the version you look at.
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent?
      Um... Not really sure on that. I dont want to get too personal so I wont say how. Its mostly how the fanfiction
      of the characters could portray their gayness.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought)
      him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      Well I want the two characters to be together, but I might change my mind on that.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs?
      Not really. Against the origianal creators of the characters, yes. (I would like to add that one of the characters
      does have a kinda gay attitude in one of the movies.)
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with?
      Nope. They will eather except them or I will ask them to stay a 10 feet distance away from them so gay doll abuse will not happen.
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you?
      Well I'm only half gay, straight isnt very appealing to me.
      (I got a little carried away with the color thing sorry:sweat)

6. -Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference?
      Because I don't know anyone else with a bjd irl and relationships are complicated, plus origionally she was meant to be a model to help me practice proportion and sewing skills. In the end i loved her too much for her to be just that.

-Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice?
      She might one day?

-Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason?
      Uhm, it doesn't make me feel weird. I just dont? xD

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression?
      My family doesn't know much about my doll other than the fact that I have one. My friends already know im weird, they befriended me at their own risk. None of them would mind if she was sexually oriented in anyway.

-Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself?
      No.

No.

7. (I'm going to say I did this for each one because I have a character for each one. No, I don't own them all yet. oTL)

For those with Gay dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? Yes, my dolls are based off pre-existing characters that are gay, and thus I knew that those ones would be.
      -What draws you to wanting gay dolls? I'm a yaoi fan so that sums it up.
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? I know my mother knows, and she ignores. I've never told her. She's smart, she can figure it out.
      -Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? I choose on my own. The characters have a set sexuality.
      -Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent? I would assume independent? I'm pansexual, but that doesn't explain the reason behind why some of them are gay? O.o;;
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? I'd love to be able to do that with them all, but I don't need to, and I'm very picky about who is to be paired with them considering some of my characters.
      -Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs? Nope, again. Pre-existing characters~
      -Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with? My mother, but that is for personal reasons.
      -Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you? Nope.

For those with straight dolls
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her? Fixed sexuality for pre-existing character, so yes. xD
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so? I chose.
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family? Nope, that's because it's just how the character is.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with? Nope, especially considering the character in mind.
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt? Nope, again they are what I make them. :3
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.) Hahaha...this one in mind is obviously, yet not? x'D

For those with undecided or bi dolls
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi? Always planned to be Bi.
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent? independent.
      -Does your doll cause conflict with friends and family? Nope.
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama? No...I don't understand why I would. It makes like it sounds like it's bad for them to just like both? xD;;
      -Is your doll bi even though it is against your beliefs? No, considering it's no where near against my beliefs! xD
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with? Look at answer for this same question above. >.>
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? Um, again no. I don't even feel like they need to have FEELINGS for someone else. They are just bi. It's not big. xD

-Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference? I find that he's not mature enough to fully grasp that yet.
      -Does your doll have no sexual preference because they just dont, as is the case with some people, or is it your choice? They don't because I don't feel they are fit mentally to understand that yet.
      -Would it make you feel weird giving your doll a sexuality, since it's just a doll or is there another reason? No, considering he'll have a older version of him which does.
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you don't want to give friends and families the wrong impression? Nope. It's just cause that's how the character is.
      -Does your doll have no sexuality because you live in a house with young children or are young yourself? Nope. 18, and all my family is old. xD
      LOL. I'm in the "I don't care" area, so obviously no. x'D

8. to put it simple i have 1 straight,1 gay and one undecided boys at home so it will be too much to type but i'll try to answer all of the questions:
      my Eden *gay*
      I didn't know but pink fits him so well also cause he's got such a girly body "Dollmorekid"
      it's cute and i like controversy
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not do they accept it or have you just not told them?
      They know about it but i really write gay mangas so it's no big deal cause people already think i'm weird for collecting dolls
      this one look really girly but it depends on the owner...Eden was suppose to be a character of my manga but he turn out so different
      from what i imagine i wanted to change the name but couldn't think of anything that'll fit him.(the character was gay)
      i won't comment -____-"
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought)
      him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      yes i've bought him a big brother who turn out to be straight...now i don't know...complicated >.<
      yes all the story i had in my mind vanish when i actually held my first doll (Eden) in my arms
      yes because i don't want to hear their comments
      i won't comment on this either

my Edel *straight*
      -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought her?
      no i wanted him to be the partner of my gay doll (eden) but them i saw that he'll never return his feelings
      -Did you choose for them to be straight or did they demand or ask to be so?
      the storyline ask for it but it turn out doesn't fit the gay profile
      -Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      not really
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      yes but he want a very expensive girl >.< my poor budget can't afford
      -Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      when i saw his face i fell in love that's all that matters
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does their style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      wearing pink even if you're straight doesn't have you gay -___-"

My isenberg +undecided+
      -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      my doll is a vampire he doesn't care about gender
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his sexuality independent?
      i won't comment T_T
      no my hobby doesn't bother my friends and family cause i generally don't mix both... and i don't care what pple say >.<
      -Do you ever say your doll is either straight or gay to please someone else or to avoid drama?
      i don't talk about my dolls sexuality "it's private"
      yes cause i wasn't planing to buy a vampire that's not in the story ~_~ there was no character for him it's as if he
      choose his own thing on his own
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      yes i'm planning to buy a guy for him but he's becoming good friends with my Eden T_T..."hey stop messing around with my story!"
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?
      undecided

9. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      No, actually not. I thought she would be straight, but now that I think of it, shes just way too cute to be with a boy XD
      I did not spesifically want a gay doll, she just appeared so. Althought I would like to have dolls both straight and gay. (and with no sexuality)
      -Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them?
      My family is fine with it. They know I'm gay so I dont see the point freking out of a gay doll XD
      I dont think sculpts when thinking sexuality; it is based only on the character of a doll.
      Well umm.. Maybe they reflect the cuteness I dont want to show with my self? :'D I'm a metallist my self but my dolls wear pastelcolours. But with sexuality, I dont think it really has something to do with me being gay.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with?
      I dont think she has to have a girlfriend, but if she'd have one, I would want to own her my self
      Well this doll I am talking about ended up to be gay even I intended her to be straight. But I changed her character, so her sexuality changed with it by accident.
      Mmm, at least I have not met any that kind of a people.
      No, that is not it. As I said, she was supposed to be straight. :p

10. For those with undecided or bi dolls
      Aderyn, and Arlais we both bi when they were bought due to their backstories.

-Do you feel your doll expresses some thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      um both...they are thier own people but at the same time part of me.

no

no

nope! i'm like you love whom you love.

-
      Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner to hook up with?
      Aderyn i'd like to maybe someday buy her true love. Arlais it's up in the air.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well?Um aderyn if i get her someone would stay true to them. Arlais she would play around.
      (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)

-Why did you choose to not give them a sexual preference? Because Rose,Voliet,Maple,Sere are all childern. Weaver do to her nature sex and feelings for anyone is bad.

they are kids so they don't know yet.
      Weaver just can't/doesn't

clearly i don't feel weird about giving them sexuality. just i don't think childern know at thier age (sere is 8,maple 7, yet to come deer is 6)far to young to have any idea, besides the fact they are sheltered.
      Weaver... as i said isn't in love and has a hard time loving becuase she is 'evil'

nope

nope

nope

11. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her? no, i didn't actually.

-What draws you to wanting gay dolls? i don't really "want" gay dolls, i try not to plan dolls aside from buying the mold until they are in my hands. once i open the box, the first impression i get is what they will be, if that makes any sense.

-Do your doll/s cause controversy within your family? If not to they accept it or have you just not told them? no, i don't bother talking to the fam about my hobby

-Are there certain sculpts that tend to demand to be gay or do you choose all on your own? i don't think any sculpt demands any sexuality, but that's just me. :B

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely dependent? i am not gay, but my 2 boys are, so no?

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also gay or bi to hook up with? no, though shion has a partner, even though that started as a "haha this would be so funny" kind of thing instead of a serious "let's make them bf/bf" thing.

-Did any of your dolls end up being gay even if it was not intended or against your beliefs? yes, like i said, i don't really plan my dolls aside from deciding which mold to buy, and i pretty much assume they will come to me.... un-queer... >_>;;

-Are there any people you do not feel comfortable with sharing his/her sexuality with? not really, non doll people think i'm weird, but that's alright :P

-Is your doll gay simply because you are and straight just doesn't appeal to you? um.... no. what?

12. -Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Yes. He is based on a pre-existing character, so i already knew.

I chose it. He actually isn't really attracted to either gender, but he's a lot closer to straight than gay.

-Are your dolls straight as opposed to gay or bi due to your own personal beliefs or because of the beliefs of family?
      Sort of. A lot of it just has to do with the fact that i'm straight and i couldn't see myself having dolls that have any other sexual preference. It's also because there's just no way i could see his character with a man.

-Do you feel the need to give your doll a partner? If so, do you wish to buy (or already have bought) him/her, or do you find another doll owner whose doll is also straight to hook up with?
      I do sort of feel the need to give him a partner, but i think he would be against it. He feels that girls are a waste of time and money, and a terrible distraction. I'm hoping he'll change his mind. But i would definitely buy his partner myself, rather than have him in a relationship with another's doll. That seems a little weird to me.

-Are there any sculpts that demand to be straight or do you choose regardless or sculpt?
      No. Faces are faces and dolls are dolls. Some do tend to be harder or softer looking, and older or younger, but not gay or straight. That's the owner's decision.

-Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      I'd say he's pretty obviously straight. He wouldn't be caught dead in pink or frills.

13. For those with Gay dolls
      ...My first two, definitely.
      I had always planned to have a couple for my first two dolls. And... I don't know. I guess I don't really like girl dolls, but I want them to be a happy couple. :P Plus, I've always like the BL / Yaoi/ Shounen-ai scene, I guess.
      Um... Nope. xD My brother asked if my dolls were gay, then my mother proceeded to pose them so they were groping eachother. :sweat
      Choose. How a sculpt looks really depends on the faceup, wig, and dressing style.
      I guess they would be a sort of reflection.
      Yes. xD Mostly so I can pose them in cute couple poses. And I like to own both. ...My other friend that is into BJD where I live is too broke to buy her first doll, yet.
      Nope, I intended for all of them.
      No, I don't know anyone who's against it. ...If anything, my friends and family are more terrible than me. lol. (When I had three my friend said they should be in a threesome, and I was like, er... Baz is just a friend of theirs.)
      Well... Straight just doesn't appeal to me is a true enough statement.

14. For those with Gay dolls

Yes.
      I'm gay? : B
      I don't bore them with my dolls.
      I chose.
      Both? I don't really give it thought since I only have one that is gay.
      There is a partner for him but I'm not certain if I want a bjd of him yet.
      No.
      Nope~
      Nope.

-Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Yes, I knew they'd be straight~
      Chose.
      Nope~
      One is betrothed [I MIGHT buy the doll eventually], one lost a wife and the others will stay single.
      It depends on my characters, not the sculpts.
      -Is your doll obviously straight or does thier style suggest otherwise? (a boy that wears pink for example.)
      Not that I am aware of?

He was always intended to be bi.
      -Do you feel your doll expresses thing in yourself or is his/her sexuality independent?
      Nope~
      No.
      No.
      It isn't against my beliefs.
      He doesn't actually like anyone.
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...)
      Same as above.

Cause I'd find it creepy if he was involved with anyone.
      He just doesn't.
      It has to do with his character.
      Nope~
      Nope~
      Nope~

15. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      Yes. He's based on an original character of mine who is gay.

It's less that I want gay dolls, and more that being queer myself I am more inclined towards diversity among any characters I create including dolls, and the doll I chose to buy first happened to be gay.

I live half way across the world from my family, and they don't even know I own the doll. I'm sure they'd be more worried about how much I paid for him than his sexuality.

I would choose. It doesn't make sense to me for certain sculpts to be associated with certain sexualities.

All characters probably reflect something of their creators. The sexuality of my doll and any future dolls probably reflect something of my own sexuality.

The character my doll is based on does have a partner, so I plan on getting another doll for that purpose eventually but it's not something I consider urgent. I wouldn't want to have any doll I own in a relationship with someone else's doll because most of my dolls are going to be based on existing original characters of mine, many of whom have a partner within their respective universes.

Not applicable - I only have one doll so far and I always intended for him to be gay.

Not really. I try not to keep the company of people of people who would be uncomfortable enough with queer sexualities to react badly over a doll.

Being pansexual I do tend to have more queer characters, and my doll and any future dolls will reflect this as well. It's not that straight dolls lack appeal to me, but rather that I am more comfortable with diversity.

16. For those with gay dolls

Yep. Mana just had that "aura" and Ryuk just completed him.
      Uh... nothing really. It just came.
      They don't know and yes it would conflict with them.
      Demand? No. I guess I chose.
      Ha! Good question...
      Well they are already together so there.
      Not end up really. They just seemed like it.
      My family!
      They are gay cause they want to and thats that.

-Did you know your doll was going to be straight when you bought him/her?
      Yes.
      They were straight before they were even sculpted.
      Well... I don't know. They don't seem bi at all.
      Yes. I will buy their girls when I have the money. Right now I need to buy their bodies first.
      Uh... I guess I choose. Its like a hit or miss.
      I'd say their style.

Well they were undecided at first but when Ryuk saw Mana. It was bound to happen.
      In their personalities.
      Well yeah but I just keep them out of sight.
      No. I just say its their business.
      Well... it is but it just happens.
      They have each other already.
      They have friends.

Isaac and Errol are too young to really think of that.
      Because they don't.
      No. Its not weird at all to me.
      No... simply because they appear too childlike to even care unless it was a cootie thing.
      No.
      Nope.

17. For those with Gay dolls

In most cases, yes. Most of the time I already have my dolls' background and character planned before I buy them
      Must be all the yaoi influence going around the japanese culture scene ^^;; But it's also because of way the doll looks; like you know it's definitely a boy and he looks like one but then again, he's just so pretty :sweat
      Nah.. my parents just laugh it off. They usually say: "He looks like a girl anyway. I can't tell."
      I usually choose. But there are times whereby you just look at a sculpt and you think: "He's definitely going to be a pretty gay boy in my familiy" ^^; Because that sculpt is just perfect for that "gay" personailty >.<
      Their sexuality has nothing to do with me. But I must admit I like pretty boys ^^;;
      Most of the time, yes. Unless I made his character to be lonesome forever :sweat I'll choose to buy another doll if that's the case, rather than look for another owner. Because you don't know what will happen in your real life friendships. If the doll owner had to move away for some reason.. then yeah.. It'd be sad for the doll as well.. literally speaking ^^;;
      YES!!! It's strange... but... Sometimes I think my doll kinda likes being with another of my dolls.. and they look happy! And they click!! It's this strange kind of feeling =w= Or maybe just my really vivid imagination ^^;;
      Yes. Usually my classmates
      Eh.. no.

Most of them are. But some of them are straight, but occasionally dress in a femenine manner. Sometimes you just like to put a pretty male face in a dress I suppose :sweat

No. But my parents do nag about me spending so much money on them =w=
      No. When that happens, I sometimes lie about their gender >.<
      (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)
      Currently I don't feel this need.. but it may happen >.<

18. I find this analogy a little odd. :? How are gay people and vampires equivalent? I can see why you would not want to own a gay doll if it meant that the character was emulating a person whom you believe to be a sinner (assuming you didn't find it made him an interesting character), but how is it then acceptable by the same standards to have a doll that emulates a soulless undead person who murders other people?

19. -Did you know your doll was going to be gay when you bought him/her?
      Yes, I did

It's not that I'm really drawn to having a gay doll(s), but there are certain sculpts and certain characters of mine that are gay and it suits them more than being straight does.

He probably will cause a little controversy, yes, but I'm still unsure whether I'm going to even tell them about his sexuality ^^; But I might have to once I get him settled and order him a partner...>.>

Er...Both, really. I suppose it depends on the person.

-Do your dolls reflect something in yourself or is their sexuality completely independent?
      I believe his sexuality is completely independent. Especially considering I'm pansexual and he is strictly gay...even though it takes him awhile to figure out...

Personally, yes, I do. And yes, I am going to be buying his partner myself, but said partner will be cared for by a close friend of mine rather than myself.

Nope =)

Probably just about anyone in my family...Other than but other than that, not that I can think of...

Nope =)

20. -Was your doll at first intended to be either gay or straight and neither seemed to fit or were they always going to be bi?
      Both my two Obitsu's are a gay couple, as the OC's demanded. However with my DZ MO-2 I wasn't sure at first. I think its this uncertainty that drew me to the conclusion he must be bi, he doesn't seem particularly bothered either way.
      Totally independent, I have no interest in my own gender that way haha
      No, my mum still doesn't understand WHY I want to spend so much on a doll, I dont think his sexuality bothers her all that much. Shes used to me making characters that are gay men for rp practises after all, and she has gay friends so. I think so long as I dont have him outright... doing any other dolls (male or female)! LOL
      No, if someone doesn't like something I do/say they dont have to listen or watch! Its my life and choices, I wont force it down their throats :)
      I believe people can believe/do whatever they like, so long as they dont force their beliefs onto others. So no, its not against my beliefs :)
      This will probably sound quite sad but yes, I hate seeing him lonely aha. Both my obitsu's are paired up together, and so I have decided to save up for a Luts Kid Delf Bory (Not going to actually be a child, just for the height purpose! lol) to become his companion. It'd probably be hard finding another doll owner nearby, and he'd still be sitting alone during the times hes not with them- which looks kinda sad... anyone get that or am I just a loony?
      -Do you feel the need to give your doll both a boy and a girl friend, or does he/her have a single friend and just has feelings for the other gender as well? (sorry if that was worded funny...:sweat)
      I think Draven is more attached to males than females, and I think thats because I find my own gender pretty boring (And prefer cute boys to girls character wise anyway). When I get the Bory, he is going to be quite feminine anyway, so I think he'll please both Draven's affections for either sex. So he wont need one of each haha