1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons you bought your dolls. And do you still love them?

Apr 11, 2018

1. 1st Doll: IOS Gin.
      It was like love at first sight! I wanted BJD, but every two-three weeks the plans changed. Maybe this, maybe that?:roll:.... And then I saw Him. It was like "This is it!":love
      It was in 2012. I still do love him.)

2. Some of the sculpts I've owned have been sold, but those that I own now, I'll never get rid of. There are several reasons why I like all of them:
      - I love the sculpt
      - They are rare (meaning that I had to chase them down... for me that gives me a pretty good idea how much I like the sculpt)
      - They are old-school sculpts.

The longer I'm collecting, the more my collection gets a 'doll-museum of yore' feel. I like that :).

3. I have been in the hobby for over ten years, and I have a tendency to buy, sell and trade regularly, so I can't even begin to list every doll/part I've owned in that time. :sweat So I'm just going to answer for the first three and last two full dolls I've bought.

1st Doll: Angel of Dream Chen (version 1, WS)
      Reason I bought this doll: I saw his default photos and I just felt something drawing me to him. Requested owner photos, and I actually cried because he was so beautiful.
      Do you still love this doll? Yes, but for mostly nostalgic reasons. I can't sell him because he was my first and we've been through so much together, but he is not at all the size or aesthetic I would choose now. He's MSD, and I prefer SD, and I also prefer more realistic dolls now.

2nd Doll: Dollzone Mo (single jointed, WS)
      Reason I bought this doll: I thought he was cute, wanted a buddy for my first doll, and people highly recommended him to me.
      Do you still love this doll? Funny thing, the minute I opened him, I didn't like him at all. I didn't realize he was single jointed, or more anime aesthetic, and I thought something was wrong with him. :doh He grew on me, and I loved him for years, even upgraded him to the SD Mo, but as time went on, his story fell apart and I sold him. Sometimes I miss him, and I keep thinking about getting another Mo in normal yellow skin to be the son of my first Mo. I don't think I'll actually buy one, but if fate puts one in my hands, I won't object. :wiggle

3rd Doll: Bobobie Pixie
      Reason I bought this doll: I was still new to the hobby, and wanted a girl, but I was afraid of buying something so expensive internationally yet, so I limited myself only to in stock dolls on JunkySpot, and I wanted something cheap. None of these reasons were good reasons.
      Do you still love this doll? No, and I never did. I never felt the same for her as I did with my first two, and she was the first doll I sold. I have never missed her at all.

2nd most recently purchased Doll: ResinSoul Xue
      Reason I bought this doll: I had a Xue in the past, missed yer pretty face, had extra Christmas money, and impulse bought her.
      Do you still love this doll? No. I sold my first Xue because of her engineering and lack of posing abilities, and I should have remembered those things when I bought the second Xue. I still love her pretty face, but don't like the body at all, so I sold her.

Most recently purchased Doll: Dollmore Zaoll Luv
      Reason I bought this doll: I had sold some dolls and had that money and birthday money, had been looking at Luv for years because of her sweet face and cute body (she's only 52cm tall!) but never had a reason to buy her. I finally decided to just go for it!
      Do you still love this doll? Yes! She is so adorable in person! And since I had no character planned, I'm not limited to what wigs or clothes or accessories I can buy for her!

4. 1st Doll: Dikadoll Qisu
      Reason I bought this doll: Face fit my character perfectly to how I envisioned him
      Do you still love this doll? I love him so incredibly much, however, I'm not attached to his body. I got him with the body purely because he was my first doll and was scared something wouldn't work out if I hybrid.

2nd Doll:
      Doll Chateau Mephisto
      Reason I bought this doll: Doll Chateau was a big grail for me, and had brought so many aesthetics of mine to life (so to speak)
      Do you still love this doll? I love his body, but his face sculpt just isn't for me. I'm trying to go through different faceups before I just replace the head sculpt.

5. 1st Doll: Little Monica "Elena"
      Reason I bought this doll: I had a sudden interest in BJD hence I got on my laptop to research about this hobby and I found Elena to be the only one that caught my eyes and bought her out of impulse.

Do you still love this doll?:
      Of course! She is the cutest thing in my room. I brought her along with me to Japan and Thailand.

#25 Scarlet C, Apr 20, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    6. A lot of the dolls I buy now are nostalgic to when I started in the hobby.

My Dollzone Wing is my love. He's been with me since he was a couple years old and I've seen him go from a paper white color to a butter color. My two year old son holds him and loves on him, and he'll stay with us until he crumbles.

The rest of my dolls are ones that I wanted when they were released, but couldn't afford. Now I can find them via auctions for dirt cheap since they're 11+ years old. I have two CP Shiwoos and a DZ Silver Fox Yuu.

I'm actually more inclined to sell new dolls over the old ones I have because they're "current" enough to still be wanted. I like having the older ones who need a forever home. :3nodding:

7. Funny enough all my dolls are from the same seller!
      Doll #1:
      An aod sculpt, forgot her name.
      I got her for my own 18th birthday present! Back then i was pretty new to bjd, do not know where or how to get them. I saw someone selling bjd dolls on my local selling platform so i went ahead and asked her about the dolls she is selling. I really really wanted to get my first bjd doll so i went ahead and got it from her!
      Unfortunately she is not in my family anymore as i realize i am unable to bond with her.
      Doll #2:
      Hua Jing Dian dian
      I had the funds for another doll so i went back to my friend to ask if she have any smaller dolls that can fit in a dollhouse. She had Dian dian, a 1/8 little baby, and was sold for a pretty good price so i bought her.
      After i bought her, had her face up changed and now i am totally in love with her!

Doll #3:
      Island Doll Amy head with dolllove body
      At that moment i knew i couldn't bond with Doll#1, so i went back to my friend again to hopefully find one that i will love.
      Right now Amy is still with me, only issue i have is with her body which i find is unfit for her and doesnt show her true beauty. Will be having the plan of changing her body after finding a suitable one ~

Doll #4:
      Gray plumage 1/6
      One day, i saw a doll online that looks really really cute, but is too expensive for me to afford. Then i remembered my friend was selling a doll that have quite a similar sculpt as the doll i wanted. Hence i bought it i gave it a face up similar to the doll i wanted.
      Right now she is still with me! Still pampering her to find the image that i had in mind!

8. 1st Doll: DD Snow Miku
      Reason I bought this doll: Her face is just gorgeous, the body is easy to pose and there is a lot of variety of clothing for her available. I also got her for a good price in the aftermarket :XD:
      Do you still love this doll?: YES! She's perfect and everything else I imagined her to be. Only negative is that her vinyl body does stain easily so she's always wearing her bodysuit. But besides from that I love her to bits and don't think that I'd ever sell her <3

2nd Doll: Volks SDgr Okita Soji (2010)
      Reason I bought this doll: I wanted a male volks resin doll to represent a character from my favorite Manga and his body/face sculpt did fit. I also got him for a good price in the aftermarket which was a relief since volks resin dolls tend to be very expensive...
      Do you still love this doll?: Well I just got him but I adore him! His body is amazing, poses very nicely and the resin hasn't yellowed at all over the years. I'll probably send him to a face up artist to re-do his face :thumbup
      After getting my first resin doll I know that I prefer this material over vinyl - yet this doesn't change the fact that my DD is perfect! But it's so easy to remove stains out of resin... and it feels so good to the touch.

9. 1st Doll: Resinsoul Mei
      Reason I bought her: I fell in love with her sculpt after trying to find a second-hand doll to buy as my first bjd. I wasn't a fan of the face-up on the second-hand I was considering, and my parents surprised me with a brand new one with the company face-up for my 16th birthday!
      Do I still love her?: The second I looked at her when I unzipped her carrying case I fell hopelessly in love. She was, and remains to this day, my little baby girl. My adoration of Mei has not once faltered nor lessened since that first moment of interaction. She is my pride and joy and I adore her just as she is, single-jointed and company face-up and all.

2nd Doll:
      Mystic Kids Francis
      Reason I bought him: I bought him to represent an OC that I was roleplaying quite heavily at the time. Since the company face-up didn't fit the character, I got him blank.
      Do I still love him?: I was rather creeped-out by the completely blank doll when he arrived, and figured putting him in his character clothes, wigs, and eyes would make it better. It didn't. I felt nothing, especially compared to how I felt when I first saw Mei. I figured it was the lack of face-up, and tried to look into getting him one, but I couldn't bring myself to spend all that money on a doll I didn't love. To make things worse, I stopped using the OC entirely. He pretty much sat on my shelf for months, blank and sad, until I considered selling him. When I went to take pictures of him, I changed his eyes back to the blue he came with,took off his wig, and noticed an immediate difference. It was only then, when I was trying to get rid of him, that I started to actually feel a connection. Now, nearly two years after buying him and after doing a complete 180 on which character he is going to be, I'm back in the process of getting him a face-up and actually feel like I might be able to love him the way I never did.