1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Recall buying your first doll?

Jan 7, 2007

1. Then I started out, I was all up ons Cerberus Project Yder. But I figured he was too expensive, so then settled for DreamofDoll Wi. It wasn't like it was super disappointing or anything, since now I love the little booger (and still intend on purchasing Yder) and I remember the agony I went through waiting for him. He took 13 weeks and an email to finally get shipped home, ahehh. I ordered him during November, but once I did the DoTs were released, and people just went crazy! @__@ So their orders were getting processed also..and then the Christmas rush hit. People ended up getting their DoTs before I did, so I sent them a disappointed email and they shipped him right as soon as they got it. x3
      His arrival was almost like fate. I was sick and couldn't go to church that sunday, so I stayed home with my dad. Not even 30 minutes after my mom and sister left for church, the UPS man rung the doorbell! So I fly downstairs--or down the stairs, rather--and answer the door. Note I'm wearing my PJs, my hair looks like something exploded and died in it, and I've got the sniffles. The mailman smiles at me and says, "You have a package from Korea." And I reply, "Is that so?" I sign the paper, excitedly take the box and rush back inside my house.
      I put it down on the table and for the first few minutes I was contemplating whether or not to open it, as well as just sitting in a daze that he finally came home. Urge and anxiety happened to be victorious in the Battle of JL's Mind, and now here he is! ^^

Oh boy that was a long story.

2. For me I took about a week or so looking for my doll, 6 months to save up. (It should have taken sooner but I had lots of things break at once that I had to pay for Computer, glasses, mobile phone, dvd player and more importantly I had vet bills.)
      She took a month to come but they sent me the wrong doll, so I am still hoping to get my dream girl. I couldn't save again because it was too close to Christmas and I didnt want to be selfish. In January I have lots of family birthdays and next month I'm saving up to go vist my girlfriend she lives really far away (3 hours by train.) I'll start saving for my dream doll again in march. *sigh*

3. Hmm, I remember. He threw the biggest wrench in my plans. I had a very different idea of what I wanted, but there was a link right here on DoA for the first set of Aeon Seimei heads. I saw them and thought that they were pretty, but it wasn't until later that I want crazy for them and bid on them. The auction ended pretty early in the morning, so I barely slept, and woke up early to bid. Someone kept trying to outbid me, I think, but they eventually gave up, and the auction ended without a hitch. I really feeling kind of surprised that it had gone so smoothly. I had this really calm joy, like, "Wow, I won," with this big smile on my face.

4. I still remember because the only doll I have currently IS my first.

Mmm...It took around a year before I was finally able to order my first doll because I had to ask my mother to use her money and then pay her back. I didn't even think to buy clothes for him except for one wig, so it was pretty funny when I opened the box, but it didn't bother me (or my brother who was in my room at the time, watching me open the box).

I wouldn't worry about your mind changing on what doll to buy because it also happened to me. I went through many before I finally decided I wanted CP Yder twins (but now, I don't want Yder twins anymore). :'D

5. It was only a few months ago that my first doll came, MNF Shiwoo. I knew about these dolls a year before I met a new friend, JayEll, that took the time out to try and get me interested in them. I first heard about them through a Filipino band called Mistula, which is made up of the little fellows.
      But I met JayEll in September and she brought her Volks SD13 Tony to a club meeting. At first I was like... 'O_o; Woah. That much for a doll?' But then I met her again at another club meeting and she brought her DoC Wi with her. I fell in love with that kid and decided to contact her outside of school to ask on how to order one.
      I had a hard time choosing between MNF Shiwoo and Chiwoo though. They both looked adorable and they both tied into a story that was in the works but I ended up buying MNF Shiwoo on my birthday. I was expecting him to come after New Year's but... He came earlier than planned.
      The poor postlady... She had a hard time carrying his box. She somehow rang the doorbell with her hand and I opened the door. I hurriedly signed the form and brought the box into my room. I kept debating... Should I open it or should he stay in this box? But... I just opened the box and there he was... Nekkid-ness and all... Yet I screamed when I saw a Juri2006 head staring at me in the face.

Wow... That sure was a long story.

6. I just bought my first doll. ^-^
      Adorable little Orientdoll So Ji. I can't wait for her to get here. :aheartbea
      Now to save up for the DIM Danbi I want...
      XD;

7. right now there are so many companies and SO SO SOSO many different dolls. it's totally normal to be overwhelmed and have a hard time deciding!!

when I was ready to get my first doll, there wasnt any other companies to choose from other thank Volks and one or two others tops I think...? Volks didnt even have sd13 girls then, and there were NO BOYS!!
      and even then it took me a very long time to decide between SD Nono and SD Nana. :) I deliberated FOREVER.

when I finally got my doll I was so excited! I'd saved for a long time, and thought about it for a long time. :)

8. I was on and off between many different dolls. First I wanted an MSD Soo. Then an SD Soo, until I saw her teeth. Then I realized how badly I wanted an El, but wanted a female because I can come up with good designs. I decided on a Lishe and had about $220 saved towards her, and one day, thought I had $600 towards her, only to realize that all of that money had to go to something else.

In the end, it didn't matter what I chose, because I can't have one.

9. It is a quick process on me. It only took me two weeks to make a decision to buy my first doll - LUTS MOON. He looks just like the boy I want, that's why it dosen't take a long time to make the decision. It like the first sight thing, you will take it without any hesitation once you find the right one ^_^

10. I just kept looking at the dolls and trying to see which one seemed pretty to me. I wanted a Dream of Doll Camine, but then got a Latidoll K. He seemed like he'd fit me more. I didn't do much jumping around and I was undecided between the two. I'm not sure I'll be getting another doll any time soon.

11. I had a list of little dolls that I liked. I printed photos of them that I laminated and carried in my purse to look at. When I got money for my birthday, I had narrowed my list down to a Lilica or a Lati Yellow. The Lati Yellows were all in the dreaded "preparing restock" status, so I ordered my Lilica, deciding that I could always save more money for the "next one." I was able to get 2 Yellows between savings and Christmas gift money.
      Now I am trying to decide on what I'd like to get next. I know I want something a bit bigger, but I waiver between 3 or 4 dolls and feel really fickle. I'm hoping that going to my first meet will help me get a clearer idea of what I want.

12. I remember seeing BJDs for the first time back in college (I think it was '00/'01), and was absolutley smitten with them. I stumbled upon them by accident via Aimee's site. Aimee & I were both in different animation schools at that time, and I was checking out what the CalArts students were up to. ;)

When I first found out their price, I was kinda shocked, and saddened because I thought I would never be able to afford them. It wasen't until '05 & '06 when I would eventually buy my 2 girls. When I bought my first girl (DES), I was just thrilled, and knew EXACTLY who I wanted, no question about it! Then I bought my 2nd girl (DOT Shall) I was happy that I couldn't afford them until recently, so I had a bit of time to do research on exactly the ones I wanted.

13. I rememeber looking at all these pretty dolls, never really thinking about buying one. But I did get stuck on souldoll lupinus. I just couldn't get him out of my head! And then I went on holiday for three weeks, and didn't spend anywhere near what i thought I would, so with over a grand left in my 'spending' account, I decided to buy him. He was, and still is, OH-SO perfect!

14. I remember fairly well. It had taken me about a week to decide, although I had learned of BJDs months and months before.. I however didnt know about all the different companies and wasnt a member of DoA at the time and had no idea this place exsisted.... sad days.. Anyway, after months of thinking and eyeing the dollmore site and there MSDs, and trying to decide on whether I really wanted to spend so much money on a doll I wasnt even sure about. I figured "I'll just get one.. use it for an art model." So I looked through the MSDs, and decided on the aiden, since I wanted something kind of realistic and his eyes have a realistic feel to them. I went through the hassel of getting a paypal account, then the waiting for the money to transfer.. it was so irritating, and still is. Once I had the money, it took me one more week to finally make the order. The wait went pretty quick really and I remember the first time I opened the box. Inside was this pretty delicate looking doll, looking rather valnurable. I remember just staring since I had never seen a BJD and was scared of breaking him. Then I took him out and stood him up. He stood right away, and I was so amazed that he could stand by himself. I had the brains enough to order clothes with him, so he had an outfit and shoes, and then I remember taking him to show him to my neighbor down the hall to show her that he could stand by himself, since it just amazed me to no end. It amazed her also. ^^ I remember it fondly and after three years I still have my first, and he still continues to amaze me.

15. Well it was only a couple months ago for me.... I'd been wanting a DoT Camine for the past three or four years consistently, but then I thought about making on and joined DoA, and eventually found all the other companies, and eventually found migidoll, and I really loved the Miho sculpt, but of course they weren't taking orders at the time, when suddenly right away, they said they'd have another ordering period in Feb. Well, I was torn because I hadn't even been planning on getting a doll for a very long time in actuality cause I need to save money for school, so I went to my mom and was waaing about it and she told me to just buy it for goodness sakes and so I did o.o

16. Hee, I can't forget. I had stumbled on BJDs on a Japanese site (wish I could find the site now...) in early fall, 2003. I was already into 1/6 at that time. I would sort of half-heartedly go through Ebay (there was so little in the 'dollfie' category), and suddenly, there was Volks MSD Akira. I warred with myself, but didn't have much time before the close of auction. I'd never seen a BJD in person, I had no one to ask any questions. Ah well! Threw caution to the wind, won the auction, entered the hobby in one fell swoop. The first thing I remember thinking about him when I opened the box was how heavy he was. XD I found Den of Angels shortly after, when it was a Yahoo!Group. The community was already very supportive; I remember how kind everyone was when I made my first pair of doll pants, hand-sewn in my college dorm, lol.

17. XD I looked for and found my dream boy in the span of about a year... ^^; but the kid I currently have was bought the day after I met him, second hand. OTL he just looked so sad... OTL so I got him. .x. the previous owner was my friend/daughter/son/offspring(loldon'task) anyway, and she was in need of cash. Orz and mom provided me with cash to get him... so haha. OTL

18. Well, my first love was Customhouse Sia but Customhouse wasn't selling her as a basic at that time and I couldn't bear to spend that sort of money on a Limited or Unique ... My first 2 dolls were Serendipity Noel (in the marketplace on DOA) and Luts Yder (I got him in the first batch Luts ever produced) and they arrived within a day of each other.

19. When I first got into the hobby I debated on who would be my first doll for a couple months. Going from DOD to luts overnight. I accidently stumbled across the kid delf Bory mold, and knew that he was going to be my first doll...

Months of saving later, here he is. :]

*huggles Kori*
      Kori: >.o;

20. Haha, I remember it quite well. I had a character that I had wanted to turn into a doll. At first I was thinking, "Well, I'd get a Volks Ken...since I can't get a Hewitt". However, I think stumbled upon Luts's website and fell in love with a Ttori. This was around the time the Borys were starting to come in. Now, I looked at Bory on the Luts website, and I'd have to say his pictures do nothing for me. However I was looking at the Bory pictures on here and well...Kazuma is here now...as a Bory.