1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Received Bambicrony dolls recently? Any issues?

Aug 2, 2007

1. That sucks considering it was a limited doll. For the price you paid shipping should have been on them. I hope you get your replacement head soon

2. I got a Lotti in early August and she is perfect except I ordered the one piece torso and she arrived with the two piece torso. I decided I could live with it cause there was no way I was sending her back!:)

3. My order arrived in perfect condition! Both elf Gun and elf Lotti were mint and they even put the Lotti head on the body I ordered. The only thing I can comment on after careful scrutiny is one of Lotti's hands is kind of shiney, but that's a minor concern really.

4. I received my tanning Elf Gun today and he is terribly blotchy all over his legs, arms and feet. I have written and their first response was not acceptable. I am waiting to hear from them again. It will be tomorrow because of the time change.

Here are two of the pictures I sent. His knees are actually worse!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      They blamed it on sanding...well everyone knows you can't sand a tanning doll so why did they do it? Then they said they should have warned me about this earlier. They told me to get Mr. Super Clear and spray it on to help. I wrote and told them no way. I expect a perfect doll not a fixer upper!

5. Aww man. They really seem to have trouble with any kind of colored dolls.. even tan :( What the hell are they doing??

They must've thought you sanded it, not that it arrived that way. I hope they replace it.

6. It looks like they were trying to fix some seam problems, and simply forgot that you couldnt do that. >< sucks! Good luck!

7. Fatcat: That looks really bad they shouldn't have tried to fix the seam problem with sanding. Mr Super Clear will not fix a tanning doll sanding problem. I know that from experience the only way to even up a sanded tanning doll is through blushing or airbrushing not coating.

Celesse: the shiny thing isn't a problem that seems to be a standard thing with BC. Some parts whip with shiny parts

A friend of mine called me about a BC order where the magnetic wing wasn't taking to the torso I was wondering if anyone else had a magnet repelling problem from the last order of elves

8. That's what I figured, but I didn't want to skip over anything that might concern someone :XD: A wee bit of sanding will take care of the shinyness, and otherwise the hand is perfect.

As for the magnet problem, so far my two elves' magnets are fine, and I don't recall hearing from anyone else that the magnets don't work properly.

9. Try newton's or mr color remover on the shiny part not sure yet if it's uncleaned mold release or accidental spray coating. I've had the shiny spot issue with both my BC dolls and a graininess issue with one body but at the time I thought grainy resin was the normal texture :lol: That was me being newbish

10. I just heard from Bambicrony and in essnce they said tough sh*t! Here's a copy of their response:

Melanie,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that we already mentioned that "&#8251;in case of tanned skin, there could be color difference around gate part" in the description page.

That's one of features of resin cast BJD and I'm sure you understand that BJD are kind of half-finished products that can be completed by hands of customers.

That's why I told you how to reduce the difference of color.

I have no idea how other companies finish their dolls.

Please email us if there's anything we can do.

I hope we can work things out together and you will love our dolls as always.

Thank you.

I guess they are not willing to replace my doll or refund the money so that leaves me with no choice but to file with paypal and let them sort it out. I don't know what gate parts are but the knees on the doll are about the worst areas and I don't believe these are gate parts? I am sadly disappointed. Every other company I have ever dealt with has handled problems much more professionally than this.

Melanie

11. I am getting REALLY worried about my incoming Tanned Gun now... :( If I'd known there would be problems like this, I would have bought a NS Elf Gun!! It's crazy to think that people paid more for a flawed product!

12. That is just not right :(

By "gate parts" I'm pretty sure they mean the seam lines, which is the areas you took pictures of. I didn't think they would attempt to sand them and make them blotchy though, I thought they would just be dark seam lines.

But to my knowledge the knees are not on seams, so perhaps you should take a picture of those and show it to them? I cannot understand why they would sand the knees. That's just wrong, they really should replace the doll, even if for nothing else than the good PR. I really thought they were over their customer service problems but now this crops up...

If all else fails, I know an artist that is excellent with an airbrush and can probably hide the blotches with paint. I'm sure she'd be willing to take a commission.

13. That picture shows that you do have a bad problem. They should reimburse you for the doll of send you a new one. The response is un acceptable!
      I am waiting for a Tanned Cookie and will let you know how she looks. I am afraid.........

14. I'm worried too. My Tan Cookie shipped today. I will let you know how she looks when she arrives.

BC should stand behind their dolls.

15. So, all of that ugly sanding made me actually more curious about my Roko's seams, so I pulled her out and inspected her more closely... and she has MUCH finer seams... it's almost as if they've gotten much sloppier with mold making, so the seams have gotten worse, which explains why there has to be more sanding now, thus why it looks worse where they sand it... because there *is* light sanding on my Roko... but you can't tell anything drastic about it. Not like that.

16. Dear dear, when I read about their notice with regard to the colour difference around gate parts, I thought they mean colour difference in resin straight out from the casting mould. BC knows that their tanned dolls cannot be sanded. Yet they did it and claim that this is what they mean by the colour difference. What is going through their mind? I assume the previous series of tanned BCs doesn't have this problem?

Is there any visible part where the colour difference is obvious and couldn't be hidden away by clothes? I'm interested in getting a tanned elf gun, but if this is what I have to pay to get, I'll have to give it a second thought.

17. Thanks for the compliment on my lil guys, delicateangel. ^_^ I'm glad you're getting your Sisley head replaced. It does suck that they expected you to pay shipping to them, but they're going to ship the head back free, right?

Actually, speaking of packing, other than the nice box (and its customised foam) for the basic dolls, I'd found their packing to be pretty shoddy. I had ordered two extra heads, and while they were bubble wrapped, they were placed without any additional cushioning next to my Elf Cookie box. I'd have expected those airpillows or more bubblewrap to fill up all the empty space in the shipping box. Seeing how one of those extra heads was the Elf Lotti head with its pointy ears, those ears could have been so easily damaged in shipping. *_*

Actually, I think I've mentioned, they'd sanded my lil BC's knees too. Oversanded to be exact, so the shape of the knees is flat, and not as nice as they should be. ^_^; I haven't really had time to stare at them much as my lil one has leggings on since his pants will slip off without them. But I actually did mind the destroyed knees when I first saw them.

Oh, btw, my Volks SD16 Yukinojou had shiny hands--which is a surprise with Volks resin. My Unoa was from one of the first batches which were sold and when I got him, he was shiny in parts. I'd kinda always associated the shine with cheap plastic(/resin?). ^_^; I guess it just happens?

fatcat77, I think BC really needs to understand that these dolls come to us somewhat sanded, despite them having said they wouldn't be sanded at all. Ask them clearly, do they sand the tanning dolls after removing them from their molds/casts. If they say no, they obviously lie from the pictures.

Make it clear that you didn't expect the dolls to be sanded at all and that you want a replacement that hasn't been touched and see what they say? The paypal claim will show you mean business, and hopefully prod them to be more responsible about their defective items.

If the people answering the mails on the site are not the ones who'd prepared the dolls for shipping, I don't think they realise the blunder the guys at the factory are making. I have a feeling there are some big chunks of resin on those sanded parts when removed from the moulds. So they had to cut them off and smooth them down...

18. I have not heard anything yet after filing with Paypal. Here are pictures of the kness which are really not knees anymore because they are sanded flat:
      [​IMG]

and the heels which have also been sanded.

[​IMG]

19. Im sorry about your problems fatcat. Im sure BC will want to work it out with you. Their tan dolls are so beautiful!
      Gate? Im guessing that gate means seams, right?

20. Just got two messages from Bambicrony. If you can believe it, they are still denying there is anything wrong. Here's what they wrote:

From Seller: Bambicrony on 8/30/2007 08:28 PDT
      We're examining our products more throughly than ever and welcoming your feedback.
      I really want you to open up your heart and read my message.
      I wanted to send you a coating spray to solve this problem, EMS will return the spray to us.
      I'll consult the person in charge at the post office about it and send you some thinner and coating spray.
      I recommend you to use the method that I told you to reduce the color difference when you do Gun's faceup.
      It will be difficult at first but surely help maintaining colors.
      First you need to shake the spray sufficiently and spray some at the last step of faceup.
      If there's any further question, please email us.
      Thank you.

From Seller: Bambicrony on 8/30/2007 08:27 PDT
      Dear.Melanie,
      I'm so sorry that you don't want to work things out together.
      I'm telling you. That's Not a damage.
      If we had sprayed some coating spray on the gate, there wouldn't have been a problem like this.
      Let me explain why I didn't spray MR.SUPER CLEAR(SEMI-GLOSS).
      Like faceup there's nothing constant.
      When you use a coating spray on the gate, it'll look good for a while but soon you'll see something like white powder appear on the surface.
      To remove this, you need to wipe gate area with thinner and then use some coating spray.
      The color of our tanned skin is not as dark as the other company's and therefore using thinner wouldn't cause a big problem.
      We learned by experience that if you use the spray once, you need to keep taking care of it.
      That's why we mentioned the color difference around gate area in the description page.
      I don't know what kind of technic the other companies use to finish their tanned skin dolls exactly.
      But if you really look hard at the pictures of tanned skin dolls of other companies, you'll find some white power around the joint area and notice that they probably use the same method as we do.
      We had been wondering whether we use the method or not like most of companies do and we also used to do, and we thought it was better to let the customers decide.
      But because of this incident, we restarted to spray the coating spray on the gate like we did in August and November last year.

I will escalate to a claim if they don't resolve this in 24 hours:

Thank you for your offer of spray and coating. I don't think this will resolve the problem. For one, the knees on this doll have been sanded so much that they are actually flat. I will be glad to e-mail a picture of this problem if you want one. I don't know how anyone in your company can expect a customer to "love" a doll that is so badly marred.

I am not qualified to spray and treat the doll and never claimed I was. I do not believe spray will correct the harshness of my problem and certainly never expected this when I placed my order. I have never taken a doll out of the box and been told that I needed to fix things in order to have an acceptable product.

I would like this doll replaced with either a new tan doll, a ns doll with a credit for the difference or a refund.

This doll is inferior quality and I expected much better. Asking me to correct a factory problem is not fair at all.