1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Received Bambicrony dolls recently? Any issues?

Aug 2, 2007

1. My elf gun looks like that:(

2. I guess its not even worth it to say anything as it seems nothing is being done about it.

3. Saying nothing means that you find the default acceptable. Even if they don't offer to do something it is good to let them know you are dissatisfied otherwise they will continue to find sending dolls in that state acceptable

4. That was my (mis)understanding as well. Had I known they meant that they would be harshly sanding the seams, I would NEVER have ordered this tan doll.

I am absolutely terrified to receive my boy now.

5. Having had experience with other companies tan dolls I would have read that the same way. That color difference on gate areas would be from casting.

Mentioning the info below since the BC reply mentions processes used by other companies

The only company that offers seam removal of tan doll that I know of is Volks but they have special way of doing it that the color difference is nearly imperceptible. When you put in your order though they do warn that there may be a lighter line where the seam was removed.

I think they may use a ceramic knife to do this and not straight sand.

Luts just makes sure their tan dolls has neater than average seam lines and like other companies warn about sanding their tan dolls. That's why most other companies tan dolls cost so much because they toss out miscasts and casting in tan resin sometimes results in marbly parts that can't be used

6. Well it is obvious that nothing can or will be done if we don't tell them about it!

What I don't understand is this. Let's say you go into Wal Mart and buy something. If when you get home and open it there is a problem, do you just shrug it off or do you return it? Why is this any different?

This is a lot of money to spend to accept an inferior product. No one can help you if you don't help yourself but if everyone who has received dolls that are awful fight back, we may all win in the long run.

I am not giving up. They will have to deal with paypal because tomorrow I am filing a full fledged claim.

7. fatcat - did you order your tan elf without a face-up?

i noticed my elves that came WITH face-ups had no body-sanding issues at all. but my two (all of these are snow skin, btw) without face-ups have the odd body sanding problems, somewhat like you mention above & in pictures.

of course, mine are much less severe, they're snow skin, and all on mine are covered by wigs or clothes. but it's a theory, perhaps?

8. both of mine have viya face ups and my gun is like fat cats but I was looking at my sisley and realized she is sanded funny also but its harder to tell because sje is snow skinned and my gun is tanned

9. My tan elf did not come with a face-up. I just don't see why that should make a huge difference.

10. omfg. i love your cookie and pepe. they're amazing, where did you get those wigs! I own the outfit already lol

11. nevermind found your post on the wigs

12. Dear Fatcat, Bambicrony's response to your problem is really irresponsible. The pictures you post show the problem - how can there be any question that your doll should be replaced? When is purchased new-MIB -it should be perfect! If I knew this company treated there customers like you have been treated I never would have ordered from them!
      My tanned Cookie hasn't arrived yet. I am very worried she will have the same problems.
      I'll let you know what she looks like when she arrives.

13. To be fair after the whole coloured elves fiasco I said I would never buy dirrectly from Bambi unless they ever brought out a elf gun (which ofcourse they did).
      Ofcourse all these are totally unacceptable, it scarres me to see these scrapes.
      To be fair to bambi their customer service has gone alot up, but this is one of those things that makes me worried that they might be headed right back to were they where.

I hope they resolve these issues with you all in a way that makes both parties satisfied.

Mordain brings up a interresting point, I had been wondering the same thing.
      Is it just coincidance or....
      With the tanned elves that arrived with face up do you think they might have already done this "miracle cure" that they are trying to send you?
      Its really weird...

14. Sounds like your saying BC gives inferior dolls to people who don't pay for faceups :lol:

I basically had the same thought on buying direct from BC. I had small issues in all my BC orders but in the end they seemed negligible and I kept putting it to a new company learning to do things right. I don't know from months of watching BC I don't think their customer service improved it's been the same up and down trend. Their customer service reminds me of a cyclic nearly predictable stock haha

Big event
      first set of dolls are perfect
      towards end of event some dolls starting to have issues
      New Big event
      First set of dolls are perfect
      towards end of event some dolls starting to have issues

Being an elf lover I nearly broke down wanting an elf Cookie and Lotti and even wanted a tan elf. Seeing these dolls and getting my tan doll yesterday just makes me feel I'm glad I didn't decide to play russian roulette with my money.

I still think BC makes adorable dolls and the face scupts are perfect I really wish their quality control was reliable

15. Has anyone gotten anymore dolls recently?
      I'm planning on getting a tan elf gun but I'm worried that this IS ending up just like the colored elf event and towards the end BC is getting lazy.
      I don't want to end up with a doll thats discolored and over sanded with BC willing to do nothing about it ):

16. I'm just sort of jumping in here, so forgive me if this doesn't really pertain. I have gotten 2 BCs over the summer, most recently Elf Lotti, and neither of them had any problem whatsoever and I'm very happy with them. I ordered basic faceups and am quite pleased with them. I will post a photo of my girls later if you would like to see them. They are normal skin, not tanned.

17. Lilacangel, I'm glad to hear that there were no problems with your orders. :) I would love to see your girls' photos!

Fatcat77, did you finally file with Paypal? Any further response from Paypal or Bambicrony?

Still terrified that my Tanned Gun will arrive in horrible condition...it will be especially hard not to act disappointed and upset if his condition is poor when I open him, since he is supposed to be my 10th anniversary present.

18. Here are my two girls - I need to work on my photography skills...
      [​IMG]

19. While taking doll pictures, Cookie Elf flew off the table and broke off two of her fingers. I was sick over it as it is a gift for Christmas. I wrote to Bambicrony and asked if they would send me replacement original hands. They replied immediately and said they would include them in my pending order. I then ordered some other things from them and paid full price and was more than pleased to have them return my postage. They will include the new items in my pending order as well. They will mail the order next week and I will be able to tell you more after I receive it.

20. Bambicrony wants me to pay to send the doll back to have it "repaired" They said the would pay to have it sent back to me. I am not really sure what to do I am afraid they will send the same doll back. Has anyone else sent the their tan elf back?