1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Receiving Gifts from Complete Strangers

Apr 21, 2012

1. Thats very sweet. I love giving gifts to strangers.

2. What an adorable present!
      It's so refreshing to hear a story like this. :)

3. Such a cheery story!
      Very very nice!! :fangirl:

4. This is wonderful <3 People tend to focus only on negatives (which explains the plethora of threads on bad comments from other people) but we should be happy when people reply positively ^-^ I'm glad you had a good experience.

5. Aww this story seriously warmed my heart!! I got the goofiest smile seeing that polar bear picture. Thanks for sharing!!

6. Sweet stories! Thanks so much for sharing these.

I also got a gift for a doll, pre BJD days. A young lady who sold roses liked my doll and a rose is what she gave my doll.

7. At a doll show, I had a nice man give me a few sets of doll sized flowers. He said he hadn't really seen any BJD in person and I let him hold mine, and when I picked out a few he just gave them to me.

8. I think it's wonderful to hear stories like this, too often it's bad things that stick in our memories, a lot of people out there are really lovely. I do random compliments to strangers often, your hair looks fantastic, those shoes are divine, that colour really suits you. I think people get too little compliments from even friends and family and it makes me feel good to see them smile and hopefully makes them feel good too.

I love his polar bear, I was expecting a really teeny little one, but it's huge compared to him, super cute pair they make!

9. Once I was talking to a fellow collector online about dolls we liked. I mentioned I was about to buy a doll head from the marketplace and how I was bummed that it had sold right before I could get it. Well, apparently SHE bought it, as well as another of the same doll that had the body as well as the head. What a coincidence! I offered to buy her spare off of her, but she refused and just sent it to me. It was so amazing and nice of her! I am still super thrilled and this was a couple years ago.

10. Awww Such a thoughtful person!! Its good to know there are people who are so nice about people's hobbies. I wish it happens to me as well... and I wish to give something too. It's so nice.

11. It's a sweet present for your little boy. He seems happy and maybe a little surprised with this polar bear in his arms =D. That lady seemed to be a really nice person who really appreciate the moment that she spend with you and Marc.

12. This is so sweet! I've had compliments on my babies from store owners in the mall and such, but never been given a prezzie. I hope you're both enjoying the cute bear!
      Maybe that lady has even gotten a doll for herself by now. :)

13. Oh wow, that's really nice...when people are like that it makes me feel great XD I took my doll into college and got a lot of positive responses and people were really interested, though no presents, it was just as good as I was expecting negative comments! Ha!

Marc looks like he loves his bear x3

14. XpHoBiaX-that's so sweet!!!!!!

I love random acts of kindness!!!

This past Christmas, a lovely lady here on DOA who I didn't know and had never communicated with sent me a spectacular, hand made outfit for my Ciel after a swap I had participated in went baddly. I recieved it on Christmas Day, had no clue who could have sent me a package, was confused as heck until I opened it and read the card...and promptly burst into tears lol. It was so incredibly sweet of her! And, though she didn't know this of course, I had actually come down with a very bad flu and was pretty sad about not being able to go to church that morning and missing out on all of the family gatherings etc. so that little extra bit of random kindness really came at the right time :)

15. Honestly, totally adorable! :)
      What a sweet lady~

16. I have had a few gifts for the kiddos. :) (probably helps that I very rarely go out without one of them)

A few years ago, I took one of my boys (that I no longer own) to Build-A-Bear and bought some stuff. The girl at the register loved how girly my boy was and gave him two sets of hair bows that were supposed to go with purchase of a bear.

Amir gets spoiled too...I took him out for his birthday this year and a lady that just loved my dolls at the mall was making over him and his Egyptian jewelry and backstory. She ended up giving him a couple of sticks of Egyptian cotton incense. :P He also got spoiled when I very first got him and joined the JunkySpot forums. I had been trying to decide what doll to get, complete newbie, and this really nice lady sent me a PM, asking about Amir and what kind of character he was, then after chatting some, she asked for my address and Amir's full name. I was a little wary, as I'd never really given out my info before, but she was well known and liked on the forum, so I did it. and she ended up sending Amir a little note and two nice necklaces she had handmade for him! I thought that was just so sweet!

17. Awwah! Those stories are cute! DOA is the first and main site I finally joined, since it was "the biggest one" lol. I like complimenting people too, smiles go a long way.

Marc just adores his polar bear. It is so soft and plushy, and I set him in his little shelf-room laying next to it. It really works well with him. I am going to try and make a little outfit for the bear. :3

Next time I am in Downtown Sacramento I am taking Marc. OuO That would be his first "city" trip. lol

18. While not complete strangers, I have had acquaintances who are not "doll people" themselves, but do admire my dolls, give me supplies for making the dolls things, and even small toys for the dolls themselves.

19. Such a sweet sweet Lady!!! Thank you for sharing, you made my evening ^__--

20. How sweeet :) I actually was thinking about sending a "doll birthday cake" for a friend of mine (a friend that I made here on DoA) since her doll's 1 year birthday is soon coming up, but thought that she would think me such an odd weirdo... I don't want for her to think that I'm scary or anything, so I have suspended the thought of it... but now reading this, maybe it's not such a bad idea.

Would you find it weird if someone you met here on DoA mailed you a "birthday cake" for your doll? Is that too odd?