1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resin Con 2008: Updates in the last post!

Sep 30, 2007

1. Hello...

Are there any tickets left for the con? Thank you!

DMM

2. There are tickets available for Saturday. Please send the requested information to [email protected] if you would like to reserve a badge.

3. INFO FOR CON GOERS PLEASE READ!!!

For Vendors!
      Table space will be set-up in this manner. All tables are 6 foot long by 2 foot wide and will be made into the shape of an 'L' for most Vendors and displays set-up. We have MUCH LESS space than we did last year and I apologize for that, but I'm making every effort for you guys to be comfortable.

There are 2 displays that are an exception to this including Bishounen House and Mint On Card. Due to their needs, Bishounen House will be given a double long display and Mint On Card will be in the form of a square.

FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DO DEMONSTRATIONS ON SUNDAY!!
      Please! If you have been in contact with me about doing a work-shop on Sunday I need for you to contact me. Please email me at [email protected] with your 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferred time to do your presentation as well as what your presentation is going to entail. There will be 15 minutes between each presentation giving time for bathroom breaks and partial set-up for the next presenter. You will be stepping in to set up at the top of each hour.

Available slots are as follows...

10:15am to 11:00am
      11:15am to 12:00pm
      1:15pm to 2:00pm
      2:15pm to 3:00pm
      3:15pm to 4:00pm
      4:15pm to 5:00pm

I will do my best to give people the time they want most. If you think you'll need more or less time than provided, please let me know.

FOR ALL ATTENDEES!
      Schedule of Events-
      Friday October 24th 2008
      Tea Party - 5:00pm until 7:30pm
      Open House with Mint On Card - 7:30pm until 8:30pm

Saturday October 25th 2008
      Special Guest Speaker/Presentation - 9:00am until 11:00am
      Vendor Space Open To All Attendees - 12:30pm until 6:30pm

Sunday October 26th 2008
      Workshops begin at 10:00am. There will be a break between 12:00pm and 1:00pm, then workshops will continue until 5:00pm (tentatively). Exact workshops are not set perfectly on the schedule yet, but as soon as they are, you will be given a curriculum.

Special Information -
      Door prizes will be given away throughout the Tea Party to those who are attending. Mint On Card is also offering prizes during their open house.
      Prizes include, but are not limited to, Luts wigs, clothes and shoes, as well as items donated by Feather Fall including wigs, clothing, and shoes.
      There shall also be colored fliers, bookmarks, gift certificates, buttons and small prizes in the form of tiny sized toys and other such available all weekend long!

Tentatively! We also have a professional photographer coming to offer to take professional photos of you and your dolls! (Prints subject to their fees, Resin Con is not responsible for how much the photographer is planning on charging to take requested pictures.)

Some of the Vendors people can look forward to being there...
      Bishounen House
      Mint On Card
      Asylum Row
      BJD Fantasy
      And lots of individual seamstresses and trusted DoA sellers just to name a few!!

4. Most all addresses are confirmed and add Lumedoll to the list of Vendors!! ^_^

5. Right now we have CONFIRMED 1 Fur Wig Sewing Workshop, 3 different face-up demonstrations, 1 body blushing demonstration and 1 restringing demonstration. I'll be posting times for what is confirmed this afternoon.

Also, badges will go into the mail THIS WEEK! If you ordered last minute you MUST send me payment immediately or they WILL NOT GO OUT!

6. Here is the schedule for Sunday so far. Please please PLEASE! Those who signed up for demonstrations really need to get in touch with me about times.

10:15am to 11:00am - Fur Wig Sewing
      11:15am to 12:00pm
      1:15pm to 2:00pm - 3 Face-up Demos
      2:15pm to 3:00pm - Body Blushing and Restringing
      3:15pm to 4:00pm
      4:15pm to 5:00pm

7. Here's the schedule of events for the up-coming Resin Con weekend!!

Friday -
      Tea Party from 5pm until 7:30pm
      Open House with Mint On Card 7:30pm to 8:30pm

Saturday -
      Special guest speaker 9am until 11am (or until s/he gets done, probably won't be the full 2 hours)
      After 11am vendors are free to sell sell sell! until 6-6:30pm
      All day Saturday there -should- be a professional photographer walking around offering to take pictures of you and your dolls.

Sunday -
      10:15am to 11:00am - Basics of BJDs
      11:15am to 12:00pm - Fur Wig Sewing
      1:15pm to 2:00pm - 3 Face-up Demos
      2:15pm to 3:00pm - Body Blushing and Restringing
      3:15pm to 4:00pm - Knitting 101
      4:15pm to 5:00pm - Something special! (it's a secret :P and probably won't take an hour, but I'm sure everyone will want to give hugs and such towards the end.)

8. I am terribly sorry to inform con-goers that Donn of Bishounen House has had to cancel his attendance to Resin Con at the last minute. He has had a death in family. Our prayers to Donn and his family.

Because of this, we're having to reshuffle. I'm very very sorry, I know you all were looking forward to seeing Donn and he was going to give a talk on Saturday. Basically he was our guest of honor and now he's not going to make it sooo...I'm working on filling up the time and space with different fun stuff for you all.

As of right now, Saturday will kick off with a small presentation of 'How to make something from nothing.'

Additional events and information will be updated as it is hashed out.

9. The time has come!!

The Tea Party begins in just 5 hours!!

I wanted to let everyone know about a few fun things that will find throughout the weekend and also apologize, that tear-down on Saturday will begin at 5pm instead of 6pm. The hotel is having some sort of something and they asked quite kindly for us to be out of the room by 6:30pm if we can.

But anyways!

EVERYONE who attends the Tea Party will be getting a cool prize FOR FREE! We also have donuts, cookies, cup cakes and our own special cake! We'll also be playing a little game, so bring your fun meters!

All day Saturday at random times of the day a random color will be chosen. If someone is seen by the staff wearing that color they will be given a gift bag stuffed plum full of left-overs from last years con (there are only 15 gift bags, so it is while supplies last). Also on Saturday there will be a 'get-to-know-you' game for the first couple of hours that will also give you free stuff!

Sunday there will be a fun way to...GET FREE STUFF! In the form of more, larger gift bags (there are only 4 of these going to be given out).

The word of the weekend is...FREE STUFF! I hope that NO ONE leaves the con without something they got for free.

There will be jars around for donations of worthy causes, so if you can drop some coins in the bucket please do.

During the Tea Party and later on during the weekend I will continually announce this, but I have a bit of bad news. I hope it doesn't hamper anyone's weekend.

Everyone just enjoy all the dolls dolls dolls!! AND FREE STUFF!