1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resin match up, how important is it to you?

Nov 27, 2016

1. I am nitpicky to the max so that would drive me nuts. I'd have to blush it :eusa_sile

2. I actually just bought a head knowing it was going to be a Bad Resin Match... I intend to blush it to match, though. No airbrush, just good ol' perseverance. Leaving it alone would definitely bother me.

So: The resin matching, when all is said and done, is important. Buying matching resin, not so much.

3. I prefer getting the body and heads together, but I can't see the match bothering me at all unless it was like normal pink skin with white skin. Unless its clearly not the same skin colour at all, a bit of difference doesn't matter to me.

4. I don't think it bothers me unless the difference is extreme. A little blushing will hide a multitude of sins. And, like others have said, our real human bodies are different shades from head to toe. It's not unnatural for a doll be the same.

I'm in the process of putting together my first hybrids, so I'll have to see if I still feel this way if I really do end up with a poor resin match.

5. I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does. Even if it's a slight difference, if I notice it, I can't un-see it. And it will bother the heck out of me. I don't even know why it bothers me so much! Maybe I subconsciously feel it's immersion-breaking.

6. As long as it isn't terribly noticeable in photos, I'm fine with imperfect matching. I can deal with it.

But if this was a doll whose character was settled and who was complete - as in their head and body weren't likely to change anytime soon - I'd certainly blush it to match.

7. I don't care about initial resin match, but I do always resin match with dye, paint, or blushing.

8. Yes for me, even only a little bit of a difference xD

9. It bothers me, but I will usually put up with it if the proportion is good until I can get a different body or head. Best thing to do is use clothing that covers a lot so you're not constantly reminded of the lack of a color match^^

10. I really like the resin to be an almost perfect match. If a face up is too dark for the rest of the body I find it very distracting.

11. I have a similar problem with one of my dolls. The body does not match the face and I think it is because it is yellowed. I thought about cleaning it but as it is blushed I'm too worried to mess it up.

12. It does bother me when there's two different skin tones cause it doesn't look like they belong together. It looks like two separate pieces of two different dolls! :lol: The skin tone itself means a lot to the character. But like everyone else is saying, at least we can blush over the skin to make it match! We can make anything work in this hobby, after all! :whee::3nodding:

13. Unless the difference is extreme or clashes, I don't care too much. As others said, real people often have varying skin tones (I certainly do!) One could just assume the doll had a farmer's tan, or is wearing gloves or heavy foundation. And depending on their outfit, it could be very hard to see anyway.

14. I mean as long as its not too off, I don't really care too much. I don't really go into hybrids expecting perfect resin matches.

15. It doesn't bother me too much if the resin match isn't perfect. I've been able to blush two bodies to match heads before so I wouldn't mind doing it again :)

16. I'm going along with the majority here and saying that it doesn't bother me unless it's a really noticeable difference. I mean, I'd like all the parts to be in the same neighborhood, but perfect matches aren't necessary. 75% is close enough for government work.

17. Well, i supposed myself being tolerant to great gap berween head and neck colour. But it turned out to be just a dream. I got rid of dollstown body just because of colour gap between volks normal old and dollshe oriental new. It was too much for me (as the character is vampire with pale make up). And for now I understand that i'm more particular to color matching than i imagined i am.

18. I tend to just blush to match if it bothers me, but I've been told that I have a pretty high tolerance for mismatch. I don't think it really shows up when a doll is faceupped and wigged and clothed unless there's a really glaring difference in resin colors between head and body.

19. I don't really mind if it's just a difference in the skin tone as long as the difference is not too glaring such that it can't be covered up with blushing or extreme photoshopping :lol: Like the head is too pinkish and the body is too yellowish or something. Otherwise, I can live with a little difference. What I can't deal with is a mismatch between proportions, like the head is too big or too small for the body. :lol:

20. My first doll was hybrid and I was bugged by how the head and body doesn't match. I tried to blush the body, and it was almost match like 90% but the blushing become dirty and chipped. Then I lose my interest and just sold the doll

That's why I would like my doll to have matching resin at least 90% match or it will make me lost interest :sweat