1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul / Bobobie Dogs Discussion Thread

Feb 17, 2009

1. Here are some comparison pics with a SD to the left of pup, MSD to the right, PukiFee below in pink, and a Yosd doll to the bottom right. Tiggy in the chair there just below pup is a really tiny Charles Creature Cabinet Fidelia Firefly, so hopefully this helps!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. DollZwize: Thank you for the pictures! The comparison to other sizes is so helpful. Please spam more when you get the time! Your little doggie is adorable. :whee:

3. That was really helpful, thanks! I think I have a much better idea of their size now! They are pretty cute, too!

4. Omg he has a little crochet doggy bed and accessories!! So CUTE XD!! We have the same little doggy man :fangirl:

5. Oooooh Thats so Wonderful - I Love your Avatar pic!!!

Do you have hound mostly w tail on or w/out? I must like to move mine around too much because mostly I like my pup without his tail in. Have it safely stored though just in case he needs it!

6. I have recently created a reason to get a pair of Boston Terriers and I have a couple of questions. Are 0037 and 0039 the same sculpt but different blushing? I can see no obvious difference between the two.

Also, how long are these taking to arrive? From a couple of posts it sounds as though you wait some indiscriminately long period and that they eventually ship when you nudge the company. I will be ordering from the Bobobie site (which I have never used before) and there is no info on there that I can see that gives estimates of shipping dates.

Thanks!

7. I've heard that ordering from resinsoul can be faster than Bobobie, but I could be wrong there. I'm pretty sure that Bobobie wait times are pretty long right now, though.

8. I ordered my boston terrier from Denver doll emporium, and he came in a week even to the UK. I guess if they have them in stock it would be the same. You have to pay customs tho' but I think you would from the asian sites too.

9. Thanks demented pea. However, I don't order from Denver Doll as the packages always get stopped by customs and, at full marked up cost on the customs slip, that is a lot of money. I have paid more in customs fees than I have in goods, on occassion! The Korean ones seldom get stopped, though. And DD only sell blushed dogs and I want blank. But thanks for the headsup! I will order direct from ResinSoul or Bobobie, I think.

10. DollZwise, this is all your fault, lol... I'm totally in love with these guys and trying to decide who to get now. All because you posted that adorable Beagle to the Firefly thread, HA!

11. I have pictures of my cute little dog too together with Nick (90 cm AoD Ni):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just love this little pet.
      It's soooo cute :aheartbea

Edit: I didn't put the tail onto his back because it interferes when the dog is sitting on it's back.

12. LOL Winternight!!!! Their posability and feel is truly wonderful - Cant wait to see who you choose!

OMG SuBro - Your little Boston Terrier is Wonderful!!!! Great Pics!!!!!!

13. SuBro, love your photos.... I've been leaning towards the Boston Terrier but they are all incredibly fun. :)

DollZwise, yeah, you're the one, it's your fault, lol!!! So the posability is good, huh? I can feel my Twitchy Ordering Finger beginning to shake my arm. Tell me about the face-up, are the painted parts holding up well?

14. Oh Man Winternight - I thought for Sure you got the blank one in the MP - did you????! I was so hoping you did because I think these pups take ForEver to show up otherwise!. There is or was a Boston Terrier with a faceup in MP tonight - cutie too. Light brown.

I think the painted parts are so solidly on that I never think of it as a faceup, it just seems like I can play with my pup as much as I want and there isnt anything to mess up by moving him about. My only bummer about him is that the promo pics definitely looked like a girl to me, but when He arrived he is pretty definitely a He somehow. So I wanted a she, but ended up with a He, but Oh yes he is solid and his paint seems bonded to him, not something that just rubs off or something. I can take lots more pics if you like. Post here if you want me to!

I still cant get over how Utterly SqueeDorable that Boston Terrier above just is - Oh Cutie!!!!!

15. My Boston terrier could have the paint removed with nail varnish remover pads. I re-did some of his face up and extended the body paint. the original paint job does not go on the joints so nothing to scratch off!

[​IMG]

This is him with new painting just before his clothing was made...I too thought it was a girl but he is a very camp boy! he has one leg an incy bit longer than the other and always stands hip dropped!

16. wow this looks great! actually reminds me a bit of my chihuahua puppy i just got lol... :) amazing!

17. My Boston Terrier just arrived from JunkySpot! I wish I had more time right now, but I did snap at least one good picture:
      [​IMG]

Hope to get more up in the future.

18. OmG! Please Do! Your Boston Terrier is Wonderful!!!
      Utterly Adorable Pic! Can't wait to see more!!!

19. Thanks DollZwize! :aheartbea

I took a small break from sewing to suede and re-string him! I also added s hooks to his paws (made out of the eye part of tiny hook and eye fasteners -- learned the trick somewhere on the forums). I absolutely love how the leather looks in his joints, and it makes him a little heavier, which I like. Definitely improved his posing to tighten and suede him. I'd only had FairyLand dolls before, and of course they're posing magic, so I've had a learning experience trying to pose this pup.

I also put a lot of pink blushing around his nose and mouth, but it didn't show up much in the photos. I like how it adds a little depth to his faceup; the original pure black & white faceup was a smidge too stark for me. I'm planning to add a little more to the faceup if I get the time.

Here's a shot of all the lovely suede in his joints:
      [​IMG]

And now he can stand on one foot:
      [​IMG]

Just one more, he seems to really like his new joints!
      [​IMG]

I love this little guy. Tons of personality!

I'm trying hard to come up with a name for him. I think it needs to be French, and start with a "B." Any suggestions? My top three right now are Berenger, Basil, and Bastien, but none of them exactly hit the spot just yet...

20. Bastien is cute, is it a shortened version of Sebastien?