1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul centaurs!

May 18, 2016

1. Ah, thank you, I'll keep those tips in mind for the eyes and wig when I'm ordering what I need for him :) Also yours looks so cute and thoughtful ^.^

I think I've finally decided on the Autumn as well! I've picked out a wig and eyes from etsy... there is a wig and great pair of green eyes with a somewhat opaque darker green pupil that I would love from Luts, but I can't justify spending $30 for the order and another $30 for the shipping alone right now TT_TT I was thinking about getting a zuzu delf from them in the future, so maybe when that time comes I can get the eyes I truly want with them as well...

I've decided to order without a faceup... I've never done one on a doll, though I draw and paint regularly and have made many other costumes and crafts before so I am confident in my abilities, even if I just keep the details simple... I'm going to order his human parts and coffee/light tan with a dark tan deer body and antlers.... I'm thinking a white/light blonde wig would add for a nice contrast, and some white freckles like deerspots on the face. Any other tips or little notes anyone has noticed about these sculpts for a first timer before I start getting everything together?

#441 paroapockinroo, Dec 29, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    2. My cousin told me she wanted one for her birthday so I'ma get her one and myself one! She is a champ and already knows exactly what she wants, Spring with a subtle purple skin and standard rs purple -taur body, me on the other hand...So many potential color combos, I just can't decide! I want Winter but I'm debating between tan skin and like a green tea colored -taur body or a soft pink body with a paleish skin

3. Thank you! Your comment made my day.

I'm glad I could help out. Your plan sounds really cute :XD:. I just got the default faceup but she's been a diva since she first came out of her box.

4. I ordered a Deertaur Spring right after Christmas.

Im getting the color combo of White human parts, clear blue deer parts.
      This is my first centaur doll, I am excited.

I have taken a break from the hobby for at least a year. I have so many faces ups to do, aha. Spring will have to be my first though.

EDIT:
      Can these doll wear a 6-7 wig? Does it fit snug or loosely?
      Thanks!

#444 Inklet, Jan 9, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    5. @Inklet, since as far as I can tell they're the same size as the other RS tinies, no, a 6-7 wig will be way too big; they need a 5-6. :)

6. Ooh that sounds like an awesome combination of colors <3

7. @vicemage Thank you! It narrows down my search quite a lot for these dolls. I know what wigs I want now, haha.

@Nefla Thanks! When I saw the clear blue, I had to have that, aha. I know her name is spring, but I am going with a more winter inspired aesthetic. I just couldnt help those doughy eyes though. <3 So her name will definitely have to be changed. I only have one doll that has a different name from her sculpt. Im bad at making names.

8. My centaur just came in the mail! I didn't get a shipping notification.
      Whats really interesting about the clear blue is that inside it looks more purple. Not as aqua as it photographs.
      Nevertheless I still love my doll, and cant wait to start working on her.

[​IMG]

9. Oh... so beautiful! @Inklet She is simply amazing.

10. Thank you! I am just so mesmerized by her. This is my first Resinsoul product, and I gotta say I am not disappointed. I am very surprised by how lovely the sculpt is. ESPECIALLY the little hooves and the hands. I think the hands are by far my favorite, ahah.

I have plans on making her a winter/snow inspired doll. Almost like a winter spirit.

11. You have a good base for that plan. I can't wait to see what she will look like!

12. I recently ordered from Resinsoul and have no idea how long the wait period is o.o Its my first time ordering directly from the company but was hoping that you could tell me how long yours took to arrive? :D btw she is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors you chose as well :)

13. Thank you so much for your compliments <3 my girl took about 4 weeks to get to me from the time I paid but that was around May-June so I don't know if that will be an accurate estimate :(

14. *_* omg the wait might kill me. I've been dieing to get a centaur/deertaur but have had no luck being that the other brands are way out of budget xD

15. Well you wont be disappointed by these little punkins and hopefeully RS will make a MSD sized centaur or deertaur :D

16. If they do omg, I will definately buy 2! :D I am plannimg on getting another deer but I want to see if I can bond with one first, which I'm sure I will because seeing box openings and pictyres of them just makes me so impatient on recieving mine xD I'm also hoping they make a female Sui dragon because Sui is very handsome but it would be nice to see a female dragoness o.o

17. I'm so tempted to get the spring version, but currently waiting on 4 dolls which one I have not even paid yet fully :( Resinsoul has such wonderful dolls. Spring and Su are definately on my wish list.

18. My pink Spring arrived this week, but for some reason I just can't find a wig that fits her... I guess I'm just too picky, but I'm afraid that certain colours are going to be a horrible combination... hmm, what to do? Anyone have any recommendations?

19. Well, you have a few options :D you could make her kind of monochromatic and have her wig a different shade of pink than her body (that's what I did, everything shades of blue). White or blonde would also look good as would a pale seafoam green IMO (red and green are complimentary colors after all and pink/pale green are just lighter shades of those) you could also do something in multicolored pastel for a unicorn-esque vibe ^_^ those are my ideas.
      [​IMG]

#459 Nefla, Feb 1, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    20. Wow! Thanks for replying! After seeing this, I totally want something green or maybe multicolored! Pastels would be best. Thank you for the detailed pictures :D

Tags: