1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul centaurs!

May 18, 2016

1. I know Nefla on page 13 has her girl in light blue upper body with sky blue as the deer body :)

2. That looks pretty! :D Now I just have to see if anyone shows up with a light blue deer body and white upper before I make my decision... :sweat Meh... who am I kidding...? Might go ahead and go both regardless. Not like RS costs THAT much! :XD::lol:

3. I understand that xD I'm still planning on getting 2 more because I just love their fantasy colors :)

4. I'm just working with RS now to place an order for custom colors. So excited! I have s character who will be perfectly expressed through Summer with the long elf ears (thank you to this thread for pointing out we can make that request) with a tan torso and dark blue deer body.

Could someone please tell me what size wig and eyes they take?

5. @Jennalyn My Winter has 14mm eyes, but there's one upthread with 12mm eyes as well.

6. Mine uses 12mm eyes but could also use 14mm eyes :) for wigs I'm using a 5/6 wig :)

7. He's beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with him!

8. All the centaurs I've seen so far are beautiful, and now I have my own on the way (well, ordered, not on the way yet in the shipping sense)! She's going to be a character doll of an alternate version of Mabel Pines from the cartoon Gravity Falls. There's this AU called Monster Falls where her twin brother, Dipper, is a deertaur, and Mabel is portrayed as a mermaid. I prefer the deertaur look though, and since they're twins it couldn't hurt to have a Mabel deertaur frolicking around. I was originally thinking I'd get one to be Dipper, but none of the sculpts really seem to work for that, and anyway, Mabel is funner. All those sweaters!

Oh god, I'm going to have to learn to knit in tiny doll scale. Because Mabel needs her sweaters.

Kinda rambling a bit, sorry about that.

@elve, seeing your Juniper in her wig was actually what sealed the deal on getting a Mabel doll, since I was able to find a wig in that same color in Mabel's hairstyle, also at Alice's collections! Which is about the right color for Mabel's hair, so I could compare how the normal skin would look with that wig shade (I was originally thinking of getting her in pink but normal looks better).

I've lurked this thread since the centaurs came out, I'm so glad I can finally join the herd, so to speak. ^^;

9. Congrats on joining us at last! :D And thanks for dragging me back to this thread - I've been totally away from the doll hobby for ages now and my little Juniper is sitting patiently in a cupboard waiting for me. There have been some AWESOME updates on this thread since I last looked - wow what little beauties! I find mini sweaters are easier to make from socks or cut up human sweaters - nothing will persuade me to try knitting LOL :whee:

10. Aw no, let Juniper out of the cupboard! D:

Ooh yeah, I guess socks could work. I want it to look knit, at least, but I have no idea how to knit or crochet and doll scale would be a handful.* Still, it would be a cool thing to be able to do if I could pull it off.

What sort of outfits do you have planned for your Juniper? I've seen so many interesting and creative ways to make centaur outfits, but I'll probably go the no-pants route. Maybe legwarmers to go along with the sweaters.

* a very small handful, but still.

11. Knitting is wonderful, come to the dark side :3

Though you need very small needles (size zero or smaller) and fingering or lace weight yarn to get the right size... And if you've never knit before, you'll want to practice on regular size stuff first! But it's very rewarding.

I've also been haunting this thread for a while. I want a centaur terribly badly, and these guys are both cute and in a decent price range... I'm still new to the hobby and scared I'm going overboard with dolls already!

12. I got some fun poses out of my boy last night. :D

He can bow...

[​IMG]

And I finally got a natural-looking laying pose. \o/

[​IMG]

13. @redsixwing he's beautiful! I love the blushing, did you do it yourself?

14. @vokuro Thanks! Yes, I just finished him.

15. That blushing is seriously gorgeous. I love the pale, neutral feel.

16. Ooh, completely agree - @redsixwing, he's a beautiful doll!

17. Oh wow, @redsixwing I love the blushing job, and the poses are so cute!

I still need to get my girl painted... it seems like whenever there's a nice dry day for spraying the sealant, I'm busy, and whenever I'm ready to work on her it rains. But I love getting to see what others are doing with their dear little deer in the meantime.

18. Thanks! n_n I'm excited to have him finished and on display.

I keep having a problem where his foreleg wiring slides up into his torso, and I have to yank it back down into position. Has anyone else experienced this or figured out a way to make it behave?

19. What kind of wire are you using? Perhaps if you covered it in tape (I think people use florists tape) it may have the friction necessary to stay in place?

I use regular 2mm half-hardness wire with no covering, and haven't experienced the same problem. All I can think is perhaps either the wire is too thin and ends up easily pushed up due to no resistance, or it has an exceptionally smooth surface and similarly experiences no friction. A thicker wire and/or a tape covering may be a good solution?

20. Florist's tape could work. I'm using thin, dead soft steel wire with a plastic coating - the upside, it won't scratch.. the downside, it won't stay put!
      The hind legs don't have this problem, because they don't have a big vertical space above them... maybe I need to actually make him a new foreleg wire, and bend the center fold of it back into the horizontal hollow behind his withers. I bet that'd fix it. :D

Tags: