1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul centaurs!

May 18, 2016

1. I use florist wire, so it's already coated and comes in different thicknesses. I've had mine for many years, so I no longer know the thickness.

2. [​IMG]
      I took Marigold with me to a meet-up, which was a lot of fun. I wish I'd gotten a better picture of her, but I was so busy trying to get photos of all the other beautiful dolls there... I brought her even though I hadn't had the chance to do her faceup and blushing yet, so that anyone who was interested could fiddle with her a bit and get a feel for the engineering on the little deer bodies.

(This photo doesn't show it off at all, but I've managed to fix her wig so that the very tips of her elf ears poke through just above the braids, but it's very easy for them to slip back through because her head is so tiny... But the antlers work very well with this wig, so I am pleased about that)

3. Just placed my order for a pink Spring as a gift and my own white and grey Winter! I'm so excited, I can hardly wait

4. Ooh Marigold is very pretty! I love the red of her 'taur parts, it kind of made me wish I had tried for a custom color for mine to be the hot pink of her character's main sweater... then again, she will have lots of sweaters so it would be better, probably, to have her be neutral colored anyway so none of them clash.

I love Marigold's wig, I wish the picture showed what you said about the elf ear tips poking out because I can imagine that look would be absolutely adorable! Though... is she more of the "adorable" type or a "rebel" type, or something else? I'd love to get to know more about her. :3

It's always good to see more of these lovelies, congrats and I'm looking forward to pictures when they reach their homes. ;) It's very interesting seeing all the different color combinations, and me with my full-NS one all plain lol... at least, until she arrives and I get to making her more pretty. Speaking of...

It's past the 40-day mark which I heard was the usual wait time for Resinsoul, but I've also heard that their wait times have been increasing with all those custom orders (not just color- I've seen 4-armed dolls mentioned! :o ). I'm not too worried, but my friend's first doll is in the same order and I don't want her to have to wait too long... though it will be something she will have to get used to in this hobby I'm sure! I just want to see her excitement when the box gets here, and having my own Mabeltaur here sooner rather than later wouldn't be that bad either. ^w^

But as for her wig, I was a dumb and ordered it with a doll head I've been meaning to get... in the same order... which means it will be a while before it gets here. I don't know if Alice's Collections is willing to split up orders if asked, I know Mint on Card won't. I'm probably just stuck. :(

5. @Cattya Thank you so much!

She's definitely more of an 'adorable' type... she's a little forest spirit, so her look is normally going to be very natural, but I had to get her a teddy bear Halloween shirt since autumn is her season as well as her sculpt name. I just need to get better pictures with this wig... but those will probably wait until after she's painted, since my replacement filters just came in for the mask I use when I'm spraying sealant. Hopefully within the next couple of days I'll have her done, it was windy this afternoon but if the sun keeps up and it's not windy tomorrow...

6. ResinSoul centaur dolls look really nice. I've been looking around for centaurs that aren't too big and these look lovely. Their joints and range look quite nice too.
      The temptation is very strong...

7. *enable enable*

At 26cm tall, Linden was definitely bigger than I expected, but he's a very easy size to perch in one hand (or even on my forearm) to carry. They're not too heavy, either.

8. They're definitely a good size if you're looking for something smaller-- very easy to transport for meets and photo-taking, or just for carrying around.

9. Deer of my dreams!

10. Hmm...Luts' summer releases include some 1/6 sized centaurs. You can buy the (elaborate but expensive) outfits separately. I wonder if they would fit our deer? I wonder if I could make something similar...

11. I
      I think that the upper rs body is much slimmer. The saddlethink could fit but the upper clothing would be loose

12. I bet making an outfit like that wouldn't be too hard. >.> Just lots of trim!
      They're beautiful though, aren't they?

13. I think they look a lot shorter, more squat so I doubt the fit would be great. But there's no reason you couldn't take inspiration from that, it's like a big flouncey skirty dress thing lol.

14. I got my Spring, but, change of plans, she's much too haughty to work for Mabel. So her name for now is Diana (probably in my head because of the Wonder Woman movie...), and she is very commanding. Very tightly strung though, I'm hoping that can be fixed through regular stretching as I have no idea how I'd restring her. I've already been "bitten" just by playing with some of her joints.

I'll hopefully have a box opening video up soon, I have a friend over (one of the dolls in the order is hers) who is much better than me in the video editing department, so there will hopefully actually be a box opening video this time. The friend's doll is a Mei, and we had lots of fun filming together, so technically the box opening will be a joint venture. (omg, ahaha I just saw that pun holy f*ck)

Diana looks amazing even with no clothes, wig, or faceup, and I've been carrying her around the house wherever I go because apparently tiny size is so fun to just... have with me. My mini dolls are more difficult to deal with though that may be their stringing, since I haven't tightened them in ages. My 1/3 is obviously not a "carry around everywhere" doll. Diana is a perfect little companion, and I love her! Her wig is still on its way back from when she was going to be Mabel, I hope it still works for her. I suppose it could end up making her look more Mabel-ish, but I'll have to wait and see.

I've been having trouble getting her to stand, mainly because her stringing is so tight, but also because I have to reposition her actual hooves each time I put her down. Though that could also be the stringing. But I'll get that figured out at some point...

I don't have any pictures yet since they're on my friend's (good) camera, but I'll definitely be taking more!

15. I used coated florist wire for my girl's legs. Stands ok now.

16. I restrung mine right out of the box (well, okay, loosened his existing strings and put him back together) and it helped him quite a bit. Wiring goes a long way, too!

Reposing the hooves every time I move him is definitely a thing, though. I find it fun - I left Linden's hooves purposely white at the tips so that I can pose him standing hipshot or with his toes dragging without fear of damaging his blushing.

17. [​IMG]
      Marigold has finally been painted, though I wish I had some better photos of her... Hopefully tomorrow I can set up a good little photoshoot and capture more of her. My better photos in terms of her being in good light are all of the WIP phase before I had done any of the acrylics. So none of my shots show off the subtle gold shimmer on her antlers and hooves.

18. Ah! Fawn spots! Love it, Anneko! Her detailing is beautiful :D

19. #519 Mepi, Aug 16, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
    20. Oh man, all these owner pics are really making me want to make an impulse buy! Too bad I have nowhere to store any more dolls... Mepa, your Spring is gorgeous!

Tags: