1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul Obsession

Jan 5, 2016

1. I love Resinsoul dolls! I find their face sculpts much more diverse and interesting looking than many other companies, and the fact that they offer so many colors is remarkable!

2. I agree! I love my RS Sui. I got him in green and I personally imagine him to be a dragon (some other people call him a demon boy). I really want to work on a story with him. I have so many RS sculpts I want to get for other characters. I think Mu would be a good villain with his giant horns, goat legs, and grumpy face. haha!

3. I have a Ya and two Beis. I'd love Ariel...I know she's Bobobie, not Resinsoul, but they're sister companies so I'd expect her to be just as nice as the Resinsoul dolls I currently own.

4. Resinsoul Mei was my first doll and I might have gotten her used and by accident by offering and not knowing I had to pay eBay once offer is accepted , I was so happy when I received her , I was teary eyed , I wasn't really gonna buy a doll or have done any research on these BJD. When I got her I then fell Inlove and knew I wanted more so now I've got 6 girls lol . There's a fb group for resinsoul lovers btw

5. I will soon have a Resinsoul Qing - so I think I'm starting to understand the obsession haha!! They are beautifully done

6. I Agree, their company photo don't justify then quality of their dolls

7. I have a Mei in normal skin and i absolutely adore her! I think her facial sculpt and her hands are so wonderful

8. I am really happy I went with getting a Resinsoul Mei as a first doll over all. I bought her through Denver Doll (which orders from Bobobie I believe) and I wish I had gotten her directly from the company in order to get the doll carrying bag that's included ;-;

9. My first two dolls were Fairyland. While I still love them, the seams on them really bother me. Then I got my Resinsoul Mi. She has absolutely no seams. And she's in grey. She's super duper smooth! I messaged them a few times before I ordered with questions and they answered so quickly! I'm actually really reluctant to get dolls from different companies now because Resinsoul spoiled me so much with my SD girl.

10. I love Resinsoul so much! I like their girls but my favorites are their boys. They make such beautiful boys! I currently own a Bao and a Mai sculpt. Their boys are my absolute favorite. They just take up my wishlist. I am really wanting to get the Resinsoul Han.
      They may be cheap dolls but I find them to be just as good as some more expensive companies.
      I agree with everyone about the seams thing. My fairyland (extremely beautiful sculpt) head has annoying seams while my Resinsouls don't have any.

11. We have a coffee Song and a pair of Ju twin girls (one gray, one white) and they are the sweetest things. I just wish I could find shoes to fit them more easily! We ordered them for Christmas in 2008 when they were including the free Ya, and she's a sweetheart too. We couldn't believe how nice they were and how fast they shipped.

Someday I will get my blue Jun Merboy!

12. I'm new to the hobby, but I've really fallen in love with Resinsoul's dolls! I'm planning to order Mei as my first, and I'm interested in ordering one of their tinies at some point as well. They all have this certain quality to them that reminds me of one of my favorite artists, seeing that in real life (granted, in doll form, but the doll-like look her character's faces have is part of the charm) is incredible

13. Resinsoul Mei is also my first doll :) definitely one of my favorite sculpt! Resinsoul and doll leaves are my cheaper but with good quality dolls!

14. It's easy to underestimate Resinsoul because of the price, but they are really lovely. I bought a Ju for xmas this year planning to use her body for a hybrid with another head, but now I can't because Ju is too beautiful to be a floating head. And I've decided to get a Sui to go with her.

15. Oh heck yeah. I only got into the hobby in november and already have 3 rs dolls. They're super affordable but the quality is exceptional. No seam lines, no rough bits, they're smooth and gorgeous and the fantasy colours are extremely vibrant. I love their sculpts, they're all kinda wonky which adds a degree of realism (human faces aren't symmetrical) and they have little quirks like Song has one eye bigger than the other and they all have slightly crooked noses. Wu's ears are totally different from one another too. And some people might hate that, but I see it as being more a sign of them being hand crafted, they were sculpted by eye, not by a computer and there's something very appealing and organic about it.

Also their customer service is exceptional.

I like the aesthetic, it's slightly more cartoonish than many bjd companies and that really appeals to me. And elf ears... and fantasy colours... eeee.

16. Yes, I love that most of them have those little imperfections like the ear thing!! I totally agree, it makes them more human.

17. Yes, I love resin soul. I have about 4 of them. ju is my fav.

18. ResinSoul is my favorite company! I know they're sister companies, but I'm getting a Bobobie Apollo for my next dolly <3 He's going to be Arwen's brother.

19. I'm hoping to get a Ya in normal skin (Possibly on the Rong body) someday, She's so beautiful <3 I also really really love Resinsoul's jointed hands! I wish that they had some for MSDs because they're super cool :)

20. The customer service was so above and beyond when I ordered from Resinsoul for the first time... I absolutely want to go back to them in the future, and I'm trying to sell my sister on going to Resinsoul when she wants to go for a tan doll... I think she'd love Mei (I mean, I know I do... All I know is she wants a tan girl with elf ears, though).

I really want Mai and An in the two tan/brown shades they offer... they're both so cute, and there are two sets of characters I love that they would be able to cosplay as, which is always a bonus... I really want to make little miniature cosplays.