1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Resinsoul Obsession

Jan 5, 2016

1. I like that they have so many fantasy parts like hooves and horns and their service. Nearly every color is possible. My Spring with ns upper and white deerbody and black hooves was no problem.. Which fairyland would do that but no way i could get different colored hooves.
      Also my sky blue Mei which is a darker color has no seamlines and no sanding lines. She is so well made.
      I got her because it matches my oc very well ^^
      I would have more if they have a bit more figure. Even the rong body is really skinny. Would like a bit more hips. Also they faces are all so wide and chubby and not so adult.

2. I agree with you there. I wish that their arms and legs weren't so stick-like.
      I feel like the sculpts are so beautiful that they make up for it though. I can't get over the detail that goes into the hands and ears ^-^

3. You're not the only one dont worry x3 I love them to bits, and actually tonight I put in an order for Yi! :D hes a doll Ive been looking at for awhile now (but kept getting side tracked from impulse buys ^^') and will finally get him. I have their Mei as well as their sister company Bobobie's Sprite, and on my wanted doll list Yang, Long, and Su, and Bobobie's Weylin (I'm a sucker for elf dolls lol). I just love how affordable this company is and that their sculpts are so simple yet so beautiful <3 Also its really cool their sister company's sculpts are somewhat similar yet very different speaking joint and shape wise :) As well as the fact they have so many colors, offer color matching, and customs! This company is amazing <3

4. I love Resinsoul! I got my first and favorite doll from there. He is a Resinsoul Bao. I don't think I could give more praise than what is already in this forum. I just bought twin Songs in grey skin for myself for Christmas. I've been wanting a Song since I started the hobby, and now I am getting two. :whee:

5. Best company ever. I've never seen a company so willing to work with their customers.

"Okay, so you want THIS head but not on this body? Okay sure."

"You want it with this color? Sure."

"You want this head, with these ears, with four arms and six eyes dyed in rainbow? YOU GOT IT DUDE!"

And if it won't work because it won't make the doll able to pose or what? Sun's honest if he can't do it. And he's extremely patient. (Cause I've asked him for three different appraisals in the last two weeks out of curiosity/trying to decide.)

6. Resinsoul is by far the company I want the most sculpts from and the one I have the best standing with. My first doll I ever ordered was for my birthday (this past December 28th) and he's a Sui head on the Tang body. I was confused on how to order him because no US dealer I could find did head swaps, so I had to go through the company directly. But I was directed to email Sun and he was so sweet! He was very patient with me! Since my doll is in their Dark Tan (something else to love about them, the most expensive additional charge for a resin color is just 20 dollars!) I thought that the free jointed hands I should get with my order due to their promotion would need to have 20 dollars added to have them be Dark Tan. But nope! They're going to match my boy completely for free, that's HUGE to me. And back to sculpts, they're gorgeous! I'd love to add a Song, Mai, Ming, Wu, and An to my collection, and those are just the MSD's! I can't praise Resinsoul enough!

7. I love Resinsoul dolls. I only have little Yu right now but I plan to have more soon. Looking at getting Mei in white skin and maybe Bei too. My favorites are the elf dolls. I really adore their sculpts and quality for the price.

8. They're great dolls. Some of the face sculpts can be a little hit or miss for me, but many of them are quite cute and well done. The bodies pose well and are sturdy. I love the amount of customizing they offer, so many fun colours and fantasy options. I really like that they have fantasy and non-fantasy versions of the same head (Espree vs Sprite).

I can't speak for Resin Soul's customer service but their sister company Bobobie was awesome. Fast responses, friendly service, kept me in the loop the whole order. A great experience, especially for a first purchase!

9. I am considering getting a Mei but have been a little nervous cause I haven't been able to find to many photos of her or reviews.

10. That's curious as Mei is one of their most popular sculpts. She's very pretty.
      The single jointed body isn't a great poser, it's mearly "okay" but it's quite attractive aesthetically and with some hot glue in the joints it stands well heh. I restrung mine and glue sueded which has helped a lot, but she's not gonna be doing any one legged balances any time soon.

I have a LOT of rs dolls. I think they're very good value for money. Their resin is lovely and smooth and comes in loads of colours, there's no seam lines, very mimimal sanding marks even on the darkest grey and their cartoonish faces faceup beautifully. I really enjoy them and continue to buy them oops. They're a little like popcorn in that they're pretty affordable and so you can't stop grabbing another handful <_<

11. Thank you very much for the review. I ordered her in the light tan resin. I'm so excited to get her!!

12. nice! LIght tan is a pretty colour, reminds me of a very milky coffee. heh.

13. That's how I got my Mei lol. I do want to order directly from the company next time but I was happy to have her a lot sooner ^^

14. Yay, resinsoul fans! I love my RS crew, I've got a few: Roscoe is a Song (from the MP) and JoJo is a Wu (also from the MP) while my two tinies are a Yu and an Elfkin (from BBB but oh well). I want to add a Mi and a Feng soon, or a Ya or Qing. I'd like to see more custom Qings, I think she is really cute.

15. I hope to get my Ju soon, she has been on my wishlist for a while! My good friend has a Tang, and the quality is just amazing!

16. I'm ordering a Mei with Rong's body pretty soon as my first doll and I'm super excited! I was thinking about getting Su but her ears are just a bit too long for me and I'd be worried about them breaking. x_x

17. First and second doll both RS, Bao and Bei. And just yes love the company and seeing on tumblr how people have designed and created their characters on RS dolls just makes me love them more. I'm currently browsing for possibly getting another doll. Anyone have good photos of hybrid dolls with either head or body from RS? I would like to get a feel of which companies go alright with RS' look. :D

18. I bought my 1st RS in 2008 & now looks like I'm circling back to order another one this year. Been such a long time since my last order. But I cant remember anything negative about it. Only long time to wait for order to ship

19. I absolutely adore Resinsoul. Currently I have 25 dolls and 11 of these are Resinsoul/Bobobie.
      There are a few more of their sculpts I am looking to get in the future.

20. I am absolutely in love with Resinsoul!! My Su was my first doll, and I'm waiting on a custom Wei!! I love how they resemble retro 80's manga and anime faces with their beautiful pointy noses.