1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Reviews on Demon Garden 1/3 Boy body??

Oct 25, 2008

1. I recently bought a Migidoll Ryu WS head (it's from the March '09 batch, and my first doll!) I was wondering if anyone knew how well the Demon Garden white skin body would match the resin of the Ryu?

2. Hi there, keep in mind when asking about resin matches for Migidoll you need to include not only the date of production but now the TYPE of resin it is - is it Lati matching, Volks matching? And with this most recent batch, is it from the #1 or #2 manufacturer? There were resin color differences between them. *_*

Unfortunately your Ryu WS head is from the #1 Manufacturer and mine is from the #2 (Yuri) so I'm not going to be much help! Also, I don't know what resin type you have.

For others that might be interested, I can say that this most recent batch of Migi Volks WS from Manufacturer #2 (yuri) doesn't match DG WS. The DG body is far creamier. The Yuri head is a good match for an older Feeple body which has slightly yellowed. It is not a great match for Soom Cream White, as my previous Volks WS Migi boy's head was.

I have also found that when you add MSC into the mix, the WS heads in general take on a whiter tone...

I suggest fishing around in the Migidoll Resin Match Doll pic request galleries for further help.

3. Sorry guys, I couldn't find a thread that mentioned what range of clothes the DG 1/3 boy bodies can wear. Does anyone know what fits them?

4. They're decently thick, so SD13 clothes should fit well. I had a pair of jeans that was way too huge on my slim SD (Angell-Studio boy) but fit mine perfectly.

That being said, I figure I have to be the one dissenting opinion on here ^.^;

I'm really, REALLY dissappointed with this body. The resin match with my Yeon-ho is perfect and the size is great, but there are so many problems! I've restrung him with two different kinds of elastic and I can't figure out what's up.

With the Thigh joints, he's got a good turning range with his legs, but he has a very hard time standing without slightly bending one knee or "hip-bumping" which looks strange considering my doll's overall look. He can't sit normally. At all. This is the only way he'd sit:
      [​IMG]

The knees don't really lock in place in the slightest so he likes to buckle... He's heavy but his resin feels like shiny, hard plastic (also pictured above) next to the Crobidoll head. The hands are cartoony and overly large for the arms (they're barely smaller than my 65cm DOT's hands). They kind of look like claws, considering :\

The posing he can do looks awkward and the joints aren't terribly flexible... I mean, I thought the Bobobie 70cm boys and 42cm Sprites were a little hard to work with but they were much more managable than this body!

I packed him up since we're moving shortly but I'll post a second review with pictures once we're settled and I've calmed down a bit. I'm just really, really put out by this whole situation :(

5. Hello
      I bought my Demond Garden boy Beau a while ago and I found that any SD13 clothes fitted him a treat. At the moment I have him in a white prince outfit. His face up is stunning and he has got a lovely attitude look to him (quite moody somtimes when I look at him). I really love the quality of him, he is very heavy but so are some of the other makes I own. I would say they are excellent value for money
      hope this helps
      j

6. I LOVE my demon garden body. Especially for how much it was it is a beautiful body and poses well. The thigh joints can be a pain, but once you get used to them and the fact that they stick occasionally and you have to handle them with your fingers then the body is fairly easy to pose. I won't lie, it does take some getting used to, but especially considering this body has no middle joint, it does really well i think, and is one of the most solidly standing bodies i have ever seen. I can plop it down anywhere and it stays :-)

7. Strangely enough, mine at first couldn't stand without bending at the knee, but after playing with it a while it can stand normally. It's a better stander than my SDF, way more stable, so there you go. I bought it mainly because it's without a torso joint for aesthetic purposes.

Edit: I've put up a comparison with a DG male and SDF female here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245266&page=5

8. I've recently purchased another body, and they fit Heliot hooves near perfectly....he poses well, and stands like a rock.

9. So Nyeon Gi resin is supposed to match volks (normal skin), so do you think (or does anyone know actually ^^") if DG body would be ok for SNG?

10. To my eye Volks NS is ever so slightly more pinky next to Demon Garden NS which look a touch more yellowy. But it is a very good match. If SNG is close to Volks NS and you are okay with a very, very good but not perfect match than you should be okay. Sorry I don't have an SNG to do a direct comparison. :sweat

I have an NS Alice in Labyrinth head on my NS DG body and it's a good match. The head is a wee bit darker but you really have to be looking for it to notice the difference.

11. Thank you! ^_^ The head is on the way to my country now, so I'll see it in a few days, but I'll have no comparison with Volks or LUTS (this is the body SNG uses in their photos, and imho - it's really good!).
      So I think I'll stick to DG either way...

Yes, now that I've got my Uhui, I can tell he actually is yellow. Purely and completely ^^"

12. Hi! Has anyone gotten their new double-jointed body yet?

13. Bumping up for my previous question, and also, it says on their website that ns yellow matches Dollzone yellow...is this true?

14. I'm planning to get a DG body for my leeke koji head. Which resin color matches better? And are the proportions okay? I don't want his head to look big.

15. You might want to start a picture request thread in the BJDopedi asking for pics of the Koji hed on the DG body, my feeling is that the head will look like a lolly-pop on a stick! Leeke heads tend to range in size from big to huge, if Koji is one of the big heads it may be a passible fit but if it's one of the huge heds then it's not going to look right at all. :(

16. I've got my LW Mihael head on a DG body, another great fit:
      [​IMG]