1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ricky Doll 17 Boy ~ Helios and Gene

Nov 7, 2008

1. Algesiras / Event sales elf ears only. the Limited edition.

2. Thanks for your answer! <3

3. Yay for more info being up! :D Nice to know that they'll fit SD17 boy stuff and SD13 boy stuff in width. Volks' t-shirts tend to be rather generously sized so he could probably share those with my Heath. <3

Oh gosh, Gene is gorgeous too. And their ears are so cute. Now the hard part of deciding which one I want. :lol:

4. Thank you for yout interest of my new dolls.

For more detail information of this product, please visit my website
      http://rickydoll.com/

I`ll more image update tomorrow.

Algesiras / heads are limited. body is standard.

Denofangel preorder
      The package of Ricky doll (17boy doll Helios & Gene) is consists of head & body , S-hook, P-screw, user manual, elastic cord and box.

5. I am strangely tempted to get this body and pop one of the new F-40 heads on it. Thank Goddess it's not limited; means I can mull it over and save up if F-40 really does work for my Yasahiro!

6. *bounces around* So, is anyone planning to get one of these guys? :aheartbea I'm still trying to pick which one I want, but I'm leaning towards Gene. He looks a little less solemn than Helios and would suit what I have in mind better.

And I am guessing we email our orders? *feels very silly*

That . . . is a brilliant idea. A couple of the new FCS heads are rather big on SD13 boy bodies so these would be a great alternative to the (uber hard to get) SD16/17 bodies. :)

7. I can't decide. I was mad for Helios but now also find myself leaning towards the ever so slightly more smiley Gene....:?

I also think that this body is going to work brilliantly for everyone else I had earmarked for SD16/17....ergh!!! Must...decide....

8. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order Gene. And, just having done a "funds tally" I have more available than I thought I did! So, I can order soon. :) It IS such a hard choice though!

Oh, and it looks like the bodies are available separately now. :D How nice that they are available early!

9. Just a question: are the heads compatible with a Luts Senior Delf body in normal real skin? I have a headless body and I like a lot the Helios head *__*

10. Ive been wanting an SD17 body SO bad..
      And these.. so similar!

Ouuu~ Ive never held a 70cm tho.. are they that much different from 60cm?

tho my concern would be clothes...
      Anyone know some they might fit in?
      they seem similar to dollmore models.?

I think i might have to get one of these boys =w=
      ouu shipping is so $$$ @.@;

11. Cenarius, good question! I hope you find out. ^^ Personally, I'd guess it depends on the SDF resin, it seems to vary somewhat by batch. I don't think its a perfect match for Volks, though.

captainkyo, after having a particularly awkward larger doll I always thought I would never have another BIG doll. But, after handling a DOI I realized how a doll "handles" depends on the sculpt, weight, and how the doll is strung moreso than the size ~ and I rather like the 70cm size, it looks so cute with my girls. ^^ Though I see you are wanting a Volks SD17 body. If you like those, I doubt a 70cm boy would be a problem. My Reisner was gorgeous but also really heavy and awkward and I found the 70cm size DOI much easier to handle. ^^

I think I will look into SD17 size clothes (4D tempts me!) and maybe some Dollmore model clothes for my Gene. I have a pair of SSDF pants I will try on him, too.

12. I do love the heavier feeling dolls.
      Aha yes i love sd17.. i dont even know how tall those are..
      i guess around 67-68cm. (no idea tho)

Only thing i was hesitating about is when i think of 70cm and up,
      the term... "lanky" comes to mind. And im not rather fond of Lanky-ness.
      (guess im just not used to "no-butts" on boy dolls xD)
      But these bodys dont seem to be lanky lookin at all.
      (the knees look a bit odd, but those can be covered with pants xD)

Thank you for your reply.

These dolls come unstrung?! Oh dear... thats gonna be an adventure... @.@;

ahah i just sent payment for my body! =w=
      Now the long wait~
      Its been a while since ive waited for something ahaha... >>

Who else has ordered one of these boys so far?

13. >o I'm totally ordering a body <3 It looks like it might match my IOS heads really well <3 I hope I can get a 2nd in the future ;_; My boys are supposed to be twins o.o

14. Hi,
      I'm not too familiar with the BDJ just yet so I have a question if anyone could answer. Are the SD17 similar to the DoD's DOI bodies?
      I love the Helios head but I wonder if it will fit a DOI body? -_-
      Thank you

15. Gene is really handsome and the first boy bjd that I really like and that I would buy!!

I was wondering too...wich other bodys do the heads match with?

16. I'm definately going to get Heilos; he is stunning. Now to figure out the ordering heheh

17. VisualK ~ Volks SD17's are shorter than DOI by a few cm. I really doubt that a Ricky Doll head would work on a DOI body, since they are supposed to be similar to Volks resin color and DOD's resin color is usually waaaay different than Volks.

uchan ~ we can't be sure yet 'cause they're new, but besides Volks maybe other companies' bodies with similar resin color (such as Luts Real Skin, sometimes?) might work. Hopefully when people get their dolls later there will be resin comparisons.

Absynthe ~ yay, a Helios! :D And ordering was super easy. I just emailed Ricky and said I wanted to order Gene, then sent paypal payment after she got back to me. ^^

BTW, I made a waiting room thread for Ricky Doll in the incoming doll section, if anyone wants to join me after ordering. ;)

Ricky Doll Waiting Room

18. It was really easy to order,

I just sent an email saying what i wanted to buy xD.
      and then Ricky replied with the total cost (including shipping)
      and then i just sent the payment through paypal :)

uchan Ricky's bodies will match volks oldskin.
      And since they match volks oldskin i think.. Domuya should be a good match too..

19. I'm rather confused by this. D: Are the heads limited? So far, it seems like the elf ears are definitely limited, but are the heads limited as well? Or will they be available later on? @_@; Sorry if this question's been answered already...

I'm just a bit confused. @_@;

20. Such beautiful dolls. . . .