1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Right up their skirts... for some strange reason...

Jun 4, 2007

1. I've found this too O.o;!

I took my Bee-A girl to school once and it was all everyone did after someone giggled and squealed 'it's anotomically correct =D'. >.<;

2. I've always done this to dolls, and I never really thought about why... :huh?: With porcelain dolls, I think it was a curiosity about what they wore, since most wore period clothing and often had bloomers etc. to match. It's also to separate the layers of the dress from the petticoat, and whatever other layers exist~

I can't see doing this a boy doll, though... :eek:

3. I dunno, people always want to see down my boy's (who's a Hound) pants. But I suppose that could be because he's the size of doll he is XD

4. I had to undress my boys to prove they are male! But I do want to see if the undergarments are just as fancy as the outer. Usually I ask though.

5. I'll admit, I was a skirt lifter when I first saw a BJD... I had to know!

I also poked around the Bermann's pants... I was feeling up his bits! :XD: He's got a package!

Couriosity I guess... The human condition? I dunno.

I actually made my friend really mad, because the second thing I did was try to pop off her Obitsu's head. I wanted to see how it worked. ...Oops!

Now, I am more respectful. I don't have to feel all the dolls up, or check them out all the time. Unless I want to buy a sculpt, then I like to know how the body looks.

If I am showing somebody new to BJD's the doll, I just lift the skirt or pull down the pants first thing to show them and get it out of the way. If they were gonna do it, this way I could control how they handled it. And, if they were going to be creeped out, at least the doll was in my hands.

6. XD Poor Dollshe boys. They always seem to get felt up n_n;

7. I don't think I've ever run into this problem. XD Though when my boyfriend was first introduced to my friend's doll, he didn't believe the boy had 'bits' until she showed him.

He, ah... doesn't ask about things like that anymore. :P

I personally love a beautiful sculpt, and will oogle without reservation if I get a chance to see it stripped. But I would never handle someone else's doll unless I had permission. Whether it's a doll or something else, I was raised not to manhandle someone else's property, period. It's common courtesy.

8. Maybe it's just a human curiousity??? Like wanting to know Boxers or Briefs? Or what people wear under Kilts???

It's not normal for ME--but I did see it with my doll... I brought him into a room full of non-BJD owners and the next thing I know he's stripped!!! *_*

But then, when I was a kid, I always kept my dolls clothed, but noticed at a friend's house, with lots of little kids, the dolls were always lying about naked!
      Poor things!

Not everyone does this... but I guess it must be some kind of impulse that isn't that rare in people!

And maybe on a doll, they feel they can just go ahead and do stuff like look up skirts??? When in RL with other people they can't!!! ???

9. It is strange behavior, but I admit I used to reach down the pants of male mannequins at department stores when I was little! Maybe it stems from the pent up curiosity people have as a result of needing to wear clothing all the time.

10. Hah! I remember this when I was collecting antique and vintage dolls... I started doing that as a kid... and I wondered what those old ladies were looking for when they'd up-end some doll.

I guess maybe to see if they had their original undies? XD
      But it always cracked me up and also seemed faintly rude.

^_^
      Raven

11. One of my aunts checked out my boys goods when I told her it was a boy. She was ambiguous about its gender.

12. I think another part of it, for me at least I suppose, is I remember dolls when I was little and I was always curious about how they were put together. A lot of my dolls had cloth bodies and I was fascinated by how the plastic connected to the cloth and since they were mostly girl dolls all that was required was a quick look.

I was one of those kids that loved to take things apart though.

13. lol!! Well, then maybe it's good that only one out of my 3 girls wears skirts, and that's my Naripon :P

Seriously though, I would hate it if other people pulled down my boys' pants to check if they're anatomically correct, and I certainly wouldn't let anyone strip them!! :roar

14. No one's done that to Kamui yet, but if they did, I wouldn't be too happy.

15. I grew up in a conservative society, and only one person so far has pants'd my boys to verify that they, in fact, do have bits. Usually if they doubt it's a boy, "He hasn't got a chest" is enough to convince them and they don't go further. :sweat

16. In doll collecting a lot of times there are id marks there as well as on the back.
      Also, by looking up a dolls skirt one can tell how far the material goes and what the doll is made off (cloth body, all vinyl, whatever).
      Furthermore, having detailed underpants and a full body (not partially cloth), stockings, the detail of stockings, bloomers, the under material of skirts, is an indicator of value. The more attention to detail the higher the value in dolls.
      So it is not a weird perverted thing, it is just one way that collectors inspect dolls in order to determine value.

EDIT: And yes, many may also be looking to see if the doll has the original undies.
      Many collectors I know won't just grab a doll and do it, they will ask if they can see it and ask if they mind if they examine it (not just BJDs, other types of dolls).

17. I remember doing this as a child too. Think I was checking they remembered their undies -- a problem I had at ages 3 4 ish (but not now!) :B I think it is a 'natural' movement, the universal tip- to check for completeness- the details on the underthings. I also check out the shoes and look in the back of the neck too- dunno why. Perv-less here too I must add ! Disconcerting when it is YOUR baby though. We peoples are weird huh?
      QZ :B

18. lol schizo, me and you lucky XD

Anyhow, honestly speaking I can see myself as a doll-tipper, or skirt flipper too^^;;

I mean.... it's just something you... do *_* For me at least >w<
      You look front, back, left, right, up.....and well. down. And since they're dolls and not real people, it feels more natural to continue inspect her from the bottom or under her skirt^^;

19. If a doll has a pretty looking skirt or dress, I usually turn it up to see how it's made, or how it's being kept fluffy and poofy...
      But I don't look at the doll itself XD

20. It's been my experience for a great many years, that people see a doll, particularly a doll on a stand, and that doll gets picked up and the undersides scrutinized.

If anyone were to try it with some of my dolls, I'd likely smack them (verbally, at least), if my doll didn't do it first.

lol--if any kicky CP Delf got picked up that way, the doll probably Would kick or head-butt them. :lol:

Ann in CT