1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Right up their skirts... for some strange reason...

Jun 4, 2007

1. My poor Dashiell has been pantsed way too many time...x.x

2. You know, I thought about it... and people do this to all dolls, not just BJD. I've seen people do it Porcelain Dolls, Cloth Dolls... I have a doll from Equador that sits in my room, and people tend to pick her up and turn her over, too! She doesn't even have legs or feet, bless her, just a stick and a base! I think it kinda goes down to wondering how they're constructed. I would hope it's nothing perverted.

3. I might look to see slips and undies I guess. I know I did it with antique dolls to see what shape the undies were in and to look for rust stains or whatever the dark marks are that old fine cotton gets. It would affect how much I was willing to pay for the doll because replacement antique clothes are not cheap.

Re wanting to see between the legs - anatomically correct dolls are rarely (never?) made my US manufacturers so that might explain some of the curiosity.

And re undies - whenever possible my dolls who are learge enough do wear undies.

Carolyn

4. People do it all the time. I had one lady say "I just have to" I think it's funny.

I like to do it too, I don't know why, but I like to see their bits. XD They're all different, too. The different companies all have their own way of making them "correct". XD

5. LMAO! That's weird! And they say we're the freaks lol

6. Oh, first time my aunt saw Jinsung, she grabbed him and took his pants off. XD

7. If your doll's a computer geek, "404" would be an appropriate message to leave down there. :lol:

8. One of my criteria for a great doll has always been that I could take it's underwear off! That's why I've never been into collecting figures, just dolls. So, I'm probably guilty of an upskirt peek or two myself, because I just want to see how much detail has gone into the doll, including all clothing layers.

9. I know that when I had Barbies as a kid, the first thing to happen to them was all their clothes were ripped straight off. Why? No idea. It's not like I was a 4 year old and getting off to taking off Barbie's clothes. It's just what you did back then. I know that most of my friends did the same. I guess it's sort of like that? I don't know the reason, though.

10. I have no problem with people asking to see my boys 'part' as long as they ask me first rather than just grabbing him and going for it. I do it myself xD it's curiosity, you can't help it. And it's always good for a laugh!

11. I know that a friend of mine who collects figurines has noticed that the Japanese ALWAYS make sure to paint panties onto the female figures. Because of this, we've all gotten into the habit of checking to see what colour the panties are. The first thing I demanded that Azu have was a pair of panties so she wasn't indecent. I have a feeling most people check to: a) see if there are panties and/or b)find out what colour they are.

12. I can understand turning a doll over to see how the legs are sculpted (or whatever other support it might have). I knew one person, though, who would hold a doll upright, lift her skirt, and then quickly tuck it down and act all embarrassed at what she'd seen. It wasn't a BJD either; that particular doll was a handmade cloth doll with no detail AND undies on. Seriously, what did she expect to happen when she lifted?

13. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to the taboo. You know it's weird, but now you're curious, and you just have to see it for yourself. That's my theory anyways.

That being said, I truely felt horrible the other day when a friend of mine wanted to see the boys...so I took them over and she was all excited. And then she got really insanely gigglely when I meantioned off-hand that they had bits. Sooooo, she pantsed Chris and like verbally molested him for ten minutes. T___T;;; It was awful and I really don't want to put them - or me - through that again. No more meantioning bits. XD

14. Eesh now I'm afraid people are going to de-pants my dolls when I get them ^^; I've never had that urge before, lol. And honestly...I'm not sure I would mind if they asked, but grabbing and doing it themselves is a no-no, because I'm protective of my stuff, lol. Then again...I think I'd feel bad for undressing my doll in front of someone ^^;

15. I don't really think much of it. I still pants new dolls that come into the house, and strip them. Partly to see what the body/sculpt is like and if there are any stains/damage and company markings. Most of the dolls I do have end up running around naked, anyways.

One day I took my Takara Jenny to Textiles since I just made her a new dress.. The first thing the other girls did was flip her over and expect her panties. (Thankfully I had her wearing them that day..!) I must have given an odd look since the girls were like.. "I'm just checking out the clothing, I'm not a perv..!" :sweat

I feel it's just some natural instinct. I notice people doing it with other things that aren't doll-related. Like antiques or bags.. Or maybe some think that there'll be a prize! Like when you're at a birthday party and there's a special cup or dish marked with a star. :XD:

Other peoples dolls or items, I always ask. :)

16. DX The kids at my school are weirded out that my doll is anatomically correct. Especially since I'm always having to tell them and he is indeed a he, and then they'd say that he looks like a girl and they want me to prove it. Both Luel and I would prefer not to flash his parts, so usually I'll cough and say that I'd rather not prove it, and they'd get the picture.

However, the second day I brought him to school, the only clothing I had for him at the time was a poorly made yukata/kimono-thing, no underwear. So I had to be careful when I carried him or sat him down. Now, after school, one of my friends wanted to see him. She thinks he's cool. But yeah, she turns him upside down and was like "HE HAS A WEEWEE!" and then proceeded to show it to everyone around us >>;
      It was really embarrassing...funny, but embarrassing...so now she calls him "Weewee" ><;;; but atleast now I've got her to stop.

17. So far not yet. Once incident was close, though.

When I brought my girl Yayoi into a DQ with my boyfriend, I asked him to hold her while I pulled out the money. Someone working there knew him and teased him a bit about it, when I pipped up and said the doll was mine. I gave a very brief description of BJD's, and the guy asked me if they were like Barbies.

I told them the dolls were anatomically correct, and added 'She's got nipples' in response he said 'Sweet, can I see?' So I had Yayoi flash him. She doesn't care, she's such an exhibitionist. Hence why she won't wear panties, even if I bought them for her. xD

18. One of my friends apon holding my girl for the first time tiped her over to look up her skirt, then her wig popped off and she freaked out cuz she thought she broke her, it was kinda funny. When I put her wig back on she still lifted up her skirt to reveal her polk-a-dot undies. My other friend had heard that the dolls had "parts" and when I had Ryuu with me she said very enthuastically that she wanted to see, well I let her and she said it was so cute and tiny.... Poor Ryuu, he is still pissed about that one.

19. ROFLMAO! Oh my husband would love that one. He works in computers...I couldn't tell you what, I can use the things but they hate me. When he gets his Soony, I am going to make her a pair with "404" on them. Thank you, that is completely brilliant!

20. It's the "Barbie Syndrome." People look to see if the doll has underwear on. Most Barbies don't come with undies & folks want to see if dolls are fully dressed. It happens across the board with all sorts of doll collectors too. Of course, when they do it with BJDs, they often get a little surprize.