1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Right up their skirts... for some strange reason...

Jun 4, 2007

1. I'd like a pair with those on too, personally. Elina's a techy geek (MSD size from AngelRegion)

2. I don't really do it with BJDs unless I'm sitting with other owners and we're comparing doll construction. Otherwise I think the times I might have picked up a doll and flipped it's skirts is if I'm shopping in an antique shop and I'm curious to see how a doll is made. The style of hip joints makes all the difference in the world. I hate that splayed leg thing most dolls do with they sit. That was always a detractor with the American Girl dolls, for me.
      Yay, ABJB and believable sitting!

3. Oh dear... Maybe I'm pervy, but I do that too, the whole flip up the skirt thing. The weird thing is that I don't do that with anatomically-correct dolls, only with dolls that don't have legs and just have a stick and base thing. My gosh! Does that make me doubly weird? X|

Y'know, it reminds me lots of Chobits, where the persocoms' PNCs [correct me if I'm wrong] were down there or on their boobs, haha! pervy Japs.

4. Lol, i've never had a person do that to my doll, but I've had dolls flash me before! At my first meet I went and picked up a friend's doll and held her by her legs (from behind) and she promptly bent over and flashed me her black lacy panties! I was mortified and everyone laughed at me, lol XD I've also had the same issue with Luts boy dolls, i swear, every time I pick one up, they dive for my chest o_O never had it happen with girls, just the guys XDXDXD

5. I kinda want a pair that says "No means no" now. XD

6. This topic reminds me of when I was in high school and some girl thought it would be amusing if they marketed boxers that have a "DO NOT ENTER" sign on the butt.

One of my 1/6 boys has a pair that says "Straight" on the front (particularly because he's not), but that's because I was making the undies out of a spandex book cover that has playing cards and poker terms all over it. I thought the irony would be funny. I got the book cover at Walgreens, if anyone wants to make a pair like that.

If I get Ryan, I'm so going to blush his bits, then take him out in a dress so people learn not to be so rude and to ask first.... :mwahaha Maybe he'll have a leg band that says "YOU PERV!" on it.

7. hehe you could embroider realistic male "parts" on front of the convention dolls panties to give the upskirters a shock.

I don't know, I am intrigued with construction of dolls, on the antique and vintage ones you should check the seams for splits and seperation.
      maybe its habit.

8. Actually, when my partner's Mother met Maaya - the first thing she did was hold her sideways and look up her skirt. XD Only for me to be very embarrassed at Maaya's lack of underwear, and apparent genitals.

It was very funny, but I was quite shocked. (So was she.)

9. I dunno...same reason I turn model horses upside down and look at their region, I suppose.

10. It has happened so many times I've stopped letting people hold my kids. XD Too many comments like "OMG I want to see teh dolly penor!" and such-and-such.

I suppose it comes from the premise that these dolls are so lifelike; an observer thinking this will be curious as to just how "real" they really are. Plus we live in a world of censorship, another reason for people to be curious about the acuity of the anatomy. XD

11. My friend Jarod does that to Eponine all the time because he still can't believe she has a "down there."

12. Now I'm worried...my favorite outfit for my girl is a skirt set and she doesn't have any undies!! Maybe someone can find/make some that say "Can I help you?" or the ever popular "Did you find what you're looking for?" though those are both a bit long for a simple pair of panties...

13. Heehee. I've done this for as long as I remember: my first instinct w/ any doll (or stuffie wearing clothes) is to check out what's under their skirt. I think it's mostly curiousity about how the clothes/doll are constructed, but it might just be a ingrained perviness. ;D I don't do it with other people's dolls, though... that's just rude.

14. Ehh....it hasent happened really. The only people who have done it are my close freinds and oddly my mothers mother.

15. I think I've done this with dolls (non bjds) before, and if I had had contact with BJDs before I had my own to dress, I may have done it then too. I really don't know why: Curiosity? Construction? Some freudian fascination with dolly bits? No idea.
      If I see someone do this to my doll, I'll likely laugh more than take offense. I know it seems a strangely natural reaction, though it is counter-intuitively so.

16. If it's an anime fan it makes sense. You can tell the quality of a figure by doing a pantie check (i do it myself before i buy a new figure) I'd assume the habbit passes on to the doll community to if they've come from that route ^^;

17. I haven't done this with anyone else's dolls--I don't think I've ever actually picked up anyone else's dolls. When I first found out about BJDs, I was "yeah, whatever" and didn't want to touch them. Later, when I decided I liked them, I kept my interest on the down-low so my dollfan friends will be surprised when I walk in with whatever-his-name-will-be. Thus, I still don't handle them. On the other hand, when I got my Edward Elric jointed figure (ordered from Southern Island online), I undressed him to look at his automail and kept going. He smirked at me the whole time, and made it as difficult as possible to get him redressed. The figure has painted-on shorts, in case you were curious. Reminds me of being a kid and taking the costumes off my SuperFriends figures, and being really disappointed they were painted and anatomically incorrect. Maybe if I'd had BJDs as a child, I'd have ended up in the medical sciences.

This thread reminds me that I forgot to order underwear with my boy's wardrobe. I think I should dash out to eBay and pick up a pair or two, for the sake of dignity.

18. I have vague memories as a child of seeing people do the skirt flipping thing to various dolls in stores...

I always figured they were checking to see if the doll was properly attired, and had underwear on, before they bought it for their little girl.

Of course, a lot of the dolls back then were baby dolls that "wet" through a little hole when you gave them a bottle.

Maybe the parents were tired of finding wet spots on the carpets and the furniture, and were just trying to find a doll that didn't. Lol! =D

I know the first thing I always did when I was a kid was take the doll's clothes off...to see if they really would come off, of course.
      I hated clothes that were glued on, or that the dolls were sewn into, so those came off too. :)
      Usually in pieces. Lol! =D

I wouldn't like to be sewn or glued into an outfit, I figured the dolls didn't like that either. ;D

19. When I was sculpting Artdolls I was told by a Master doll sculptor whom I took a two day individual class from..that people do it out of plain curiosity and unconsciously want to see how thorough someone had completed the doll.
      and she said that's why when making the doll's body stocking, you always put some sort of panties on underneath. Most of the time I made some sort of pantaloons/bloomers, detailed with lace and ribbons..it added a nice touch. And inevitably someone always looked under my dolls dress...and were impressed that instead of finding a stark body stocking with attached clay legs, there was a pair of pretty pantaloons/bloomers.

I think people want to see how far you are willing to go the extra mile and "complete the doll"..and I find I do it myself when looking at dolls in the stores.
      and I bought a doll on ebay one time that I was quite dissapointed that the person had made the doll with clay head,hands and feet and the sleeves and legs of the outfit were a bit loose..they slid to up to show *gasp*.. bare wire!!! it was very unprofessional..and it gave me the impression that they made this doll in a hurry to just get it on the market...

20. Yuko once threatened someone at a shop who tried to lift Verina's skirt, and promised them that she would "open them up, from their a**e to their appetite" if they tried it (she's spent too long in Yorkshire - and too long working for me). Never give a Japanese lass cause for revenge when she has ready access to swords and the training to use them effieciently.