1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Right up their skirts... for some strange reason...

Jun 4, 2007

1. exactly! One of the first things I did when no one was looking was to flip my Selphie(final fantasy 8) action figure upside down to see if she had white panties like she does in the game(ha ha, camera glitches...). She did. And I was impressed that they went to such detail! XD

2. I was JUST thinking about that. O_O When I took Lenore to work one of the women just picked her up then pulled her skirt up. xD I thought it was funny but everyone kind of freaked out when they say she was anatomically correct. >_> They were scared by it.

3. My grandmother collected dolls. she always looks up their skirts. My mother said that my grandmother would never buy a doll that wasnt wearing underwearXDXD. So if someone looks up my dolls skirts i think i know whyXDXD

4. I find it incredibly amusing. Once my sister learned that they were anatomically correct, she immediately unzipped the fly to check. I suppose it's simply natural curiosity. While I wouldn't make a habit of checking bits, I simply find it amusing when people have the urge to do that.

5. I don't think I've had anyone take my dolls and directly go to look up their skirt. If I mention the fact that they're anatomically correct, or if they happen to ask, then they want to look. Most ask first, though. Doesn't bother me. Kids do it with Barbies all the time - must be a natural reaction. :)

6. I do it with every doll I've encountered so far. If they're not in a skirt then I pull their pants down. I want to see how the lower body (waist, hips and pelvis) are made.

The fascination also stems from the fact that all my dolls when I was a child were never correct. Barbie and Ken had plastic panties or nothing to even indicate there was something there and baby dolls only briefly hinted.

7. I'm still finding it funny that people are referring o this act as getting "pantsed". This has a totally different meaning in Australia lol

I'm yet to get my first BJD, but I find nearly everyone that sees my Blythe girls does the "upskirt" thing. One of my male co-workers will leave the girl upside down with her skirt up - he thinks it hilarious. My girsl are all extroverts so they don't really care :D

8. Mine always wears panties for that reason.:)

9. Yup! It happened to me at a college video game party. I met some doll owners there and brought Marius and Mikah with me. They had friends who have never seen the dolls but knew they were anatomically correct. They asked me if they could see Mikah's "boys" and I said ok. It's just too bad that I didn't put a dress on him that day...imagine the surprise there!!:lol:

When I think about it...it's hard not to stare at my boys "Boys" when I'm changing their clothes. Even when I first got Marius my eyes went from his face... face again... the boys... face... boys.... boys....
      Also at the Volks New York Dolpa 2, I saw several owners with the new SD 17 boy and my curiosity ran rapid. He has a great muscle body but....:ablink:

10. For my experience, all my dolls are 'girls' unless I tell them otherwise. Then they are utterly surprised when I say 'oh yes, my doll is anatomically correct". It's that point in which I say, "want to see?" *pulls up skirt and/or pulls down pants*

11. Once, my friend pulled down my doll's pants and laughed after seeing his penis. She continued to pull down his pants, look, laugh, pull them back up, and didn't stop until I told her to. It really didn't really bother me though; I was laughing too.

12. Getting pantsed is having the trousers removed at least partially from the doll, especially to look at the crotch.

The whole up-skirt thing is a related phenomenon, but not the same. Maybe "panty-check".

Ann in CT
      humiliated my Salubia by stripping her down at a recent meet, yes, pants'd! ;)

13. Like I said, it has a totally different meaning in Australia, but I did get what they were referring to :lol:

14. I actually told my one teacher that Shiro was anatomically correct and she waited until I was looking away to talk to someone else to look down his pants -_____-
      I feel so bad for the poor doll...and usually after I tell someone he's anatomically correct their reaction looks something like this...:o

15. I hate to admit it, but you have me curious. Can you enlighten us, or is it too rude for this forum?

16. I hope I don't explain it in too rude a way. It would be a way to describe "being intimate" with another person. But usually as a fling, not a serious relationship. It's funny because we also say something is "pants" when we mean tragic, so it can get a bit confusing lol But in the context of some of the posts on here I was giggling because well, it sounded as though there were, um, inappropriate human/dolly relations going on :lol:

17. every time i bought a doll the first thing i do is undressing her/him
      i don't know why

18. every time i bought a doll the first thing i do is undressing her/him
      i don't know why

19. yes yes! that's what they do, but my boys wear pants, first they'll just have a puzzled look thinking about how complicated those pants look and impossible to take off, so then they satisfy themselves by turning the poor things upside down and looking up their shirts.

oh, i also get a 'why does your girl have a penis' reaction when they do manage to take of the pants^^;

20. I haven't had trouble with people violating Dice yet. For the most part I keep Dice to myself though and people don't bother him. They don't seem to want to examine him. I think my family is still trying to get use to the idea that I have a BJD and this could be a hobby. He hasn’t worn any skirts or dresses. I think it would be strange/rude to just pick up someone’s personal item and mess with it.

Perhaps people are curious because doll bodies can be made out of different things. For instance, a doll’s body is just a stuffed middle piece for the limbs to attach to. I don’t know though. Perhaps I would want to see the whole dolls body just out of curiosity to see what the body looked like. BJDs have more realistic bodies, which was part of why I took interest in them. I don’t mean to sound vulgar. I like to draw. To make clothing look right I often have to have an idea about the structure underneath the material. Aside from that I do find body to be an artistic muse.

I have a few girls on my wish list and if I had them all dressed up… If someone just came by and turned them upside down I’d be pretty mad. Not only because what they’re doing is a bit embarrassing, but that might mess up the clothes and wig. If they were just looking up the doll’s skirt I might find that kind of funny and odd. Maybe it is just human curiosity.