1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Company Feedback (ALL)

Sep 3, 2009

1. I have been waiting for weeks for Ringdoll to respond now and they owe me two mechanical arms that were ordered in december.
      My patience is at it's end, they have lied since january telling me evrytime that the hands would be shipped soon. Now they have just resorted tto not responding at all anymore!

2. You can get news about what has happened to Ringdoll on their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ringdoll

However, they have not responded to any comments or posts since the beginning of March.

The last time a lot of people commented on their page about their service, they responded, so I suggest those of you who are unhappy with the service go there and add your comments to their wall.

3. there are comments on their dA-page, but they are all the same "please, wait, I've forwarded your message to our manager".
      I'm waiting since December, I really worry about what's going on there.

4. * What did you order? Dolls clothes
      * When did you order? February 2011
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? i got them via a dealer.
      * How was the communication? It was OK, they did let me know about the delays.
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? It took about 2 1/2 months but i was warned in advance about the delays.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes they are very beautiful!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again? yes

5. Their email [email protected] is also as up-to-date-as anything else. Here's an email I got from them around the same time as their last news update

Dear Ringdoll Customer and Dealers,

We are sorry for being no contacting with you guys in such a long time. Please accept our apology : (

In the past month, our new plant met a serioursly accident -- three staffs got hurt and two was injured seriously(Emily got left elbow comminuted fracture and she is still in hospital, God bless her...). At the same time, after all this, we tragically forgot that our Sales System bought from IT surpplier last Feb was expired -- we did not renew it in Jan so most letters from Google mail were not recieved in our system till Mint called us... We are very sorry about our pre-mature and thanks Jim very much !

Now, our new plant is well built and workpeoples are preparing the orders we got before. Dolls and other accessoried will be shipped out as soon as possible. Ringdoll studio create a pair of new hands http://ringdoll.com/product/RingParts/rghand01.html and they will be free for you or your customers in 2011. And other better services will be released for you.

Again, really sorry about Ringdoll's pre-mature and we will try our best to be better for you all.

Ringdoll

I really hope that everything turns out all right for everyone :(

6. Cupcake:

This is REALLY OLD news from early March and just a carrot to dangle in front of us to keep us quiet. It's now the middle of April and they have said nothing since.

This is what I've been going through with Ringdoll:

I originally sent an inquiry 2011/2/14 about ordering a white skin fullset Kay with a slightly adjust faceup. I included a graphic of the character.

I received a reply from Emily on 2011/2/20 saying I would get the faceup changes for free and to send my information so I would receive an invoice.

2011/2/21 I sent my order (fullset Kay in white skin and Norman suit - subtotal $718) and my mailing address so Ringdoll could calculate the shipping. I sent the graphic again.

I didn't hear anything so I resent the information including graphic 2011/2/28.

I read on Facebook about Emily's accident and resent my order on 2011/3/4, also mentioning the free fist hands they mentioned on their FB page they were going to provide for 2011 orders.

On 2011/3/10 I sent an email asking for my invoice AGAIN and saying if they did not want my money I would stop bothering them.

On 2011/3/17 I received TWO separate emails from Emily ASKING FOR MY INFORMATION SO RINGDOLL COULD SEND AN INVOICE, EVEN THOUGH THE EMAIL SHE RESPONDED WITH HAD ALL THE INFORMATION REPEATEDLY.

I also received ANOTHER email with a copy of their Powerpoint advert.

2011/3/21 I sent my order AGAIN.

On 2011/4/1 I still had not received an invoice to pay for my doll - A MONTH AND A HALF since my original inquiry. I sent the order yet again.

It is now 2011/4/11 and I have still heard nothing back from them. I'm debating whether or not to send once more or to chunk the whole thing and go to the marketplace to buy some more tinies with the money I set aside for the fullset Kay.

They are not responding to their Facebook page entries and the poor artist out on dA can only pass on our concerns to the sales people.

It's not nice to make the onna unhappy. I'm old and in perpetual pain.

I expect a doll company to be professional.

If Ringdoll cannot handle orders at the moment they need to post something on their front page IN ENGLISH stating this fact.

They need to stop releasing new dolls until they can start taking orders and FOLLOW THROUGH with those orders.

They need to get a payment system in place instead of taking orders through email.

They need a communication board that will be answered daily by someone who can write and understand English.

Basically - they need to upgrade their website so it works like the bigger companies like Dollmore, Fairyland, Luts and Iplehouse.

7. sorry, didn't know.

8. Original Post has been edited or removed due to privacy concerns.

#28 Evelia, Jun 9, 2011
      Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    9. * What did you order? Ringdoll Armand
      * When did you order? October 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct order
      * How was the communication? Terrible. I'll expand on this more further down.
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple. I paid in one lump sum.
      * How long did it take to ship? Forever, but that was partially not really their fault. More details below.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. He's a beautiful doll.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * Would you order from this company again?

No, and here's the reason why. I was caught up in the 'accident' phase when Ringdoll's original studio suffered damage. Rather than emailing customers to inform us that there was an accident or that everything would be delayed, they left everyone in the dark. I was originally told the doll would be ready to ship 'in a few days' when I contacted them in December for an update. January and February rolled around with absolutely no response from any of my messages. Three emails later (from me) I'm told about the accident, and then I receive the generic email they sent to all of their customers...after the new workshop was already open for business! Needless to say, I was irritated, but accidents happen. What really upset me the most about this entire transaction were the following two things: I was moving to a new location and told them that I needed the doll shipped to a new address. With no response from the company, I was getting really worried. They not only shipped it to my old address, but they shipped it to the name of some person I've never even met before. I have no idea if they got orders mixed up during the process or what. Thankfully, I hadn't moved just yet when the doll arrived (four months after the last time they told me it would ship in a few days). Also, they'd said in the email to customers that we'd be receiving a free gift of hands parts as an apology for the delay in communications. My boy arrived, but I wasn't very surprised to find out that the 'free gift' was not included, but I was rather disappointed.

Ringdoll would have to do a lot to make up for this to me.

10. * What did you order? RingDoll Teens Judges and Petter ( fullsets) + Pan Outfit
      * When did you order? February 14th 2011 ( didn't get my invoice until March)
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? RingDoll directly
      * How was the communication? AWFUL! I never had any idea if they got my money or not, and never a notification of anything. Literally a month after I sent in the payment they did inform me that they couldn't find my money on paypal, and after sending them transaction #s, I never heard from them again.

* How easy was it to pay? Paying was easy through paypal, them finding it however...

* How long did it take to ship? They shipped in July - 4 months late, not too bad I know, but considering I didn't even know if they got my payment throughout that entire time....

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The dolls arrived with smudges, but otherwise, yes they were of a nice quality for the price.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? The product? Yes, The company? No.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They did send my dolls, which is better than what they've done for some of the others who've been waiting for dolls even longer than myself.

* Would you order from this company again? Probably not, but I'd order through a dealer, if the item was in stock.

11. Forgot to add this, I also had a bad experience with Ringdoll and received inferior goods:

* What did you order? Ringdoll SD sized Chainsaw, Ringdoll clothes for MSD, and SD girl.
      * When did you order? In November 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Mint on Card
      * How was the communication? From Mint on Card: Fantastic, however MoC lost contact with Ringdoll; as well as Ringdoll's direct customers. When I asked MoC for news from Ringdoll, they had no answers.
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes on MoC, did not work directly w/ Ringdoll.
      * How long did it take to ship? By May, I got tired of waiting and was offered a refund from MoC.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I only received ONE outfit set from my original order, and the quality was HORRIBLE. I paid $50 for the outfit, and before I tried placing the wristbands over her hands, BOTH of the elastic wristbands snapped before getting them on. One of the snaps came off the dress because it was sewn on poorly. Lastly I noticed a small hole on the in-seam of the shorts. I paid $30-40 for other clothing sets from 'cheaper' companies and experienced marvelous quality, so NO definitely not worth the price. A huge disappointment.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Another disappointing no. http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/item_details.php?BJD=734&name=RD+Rc45-8&cat=88&DOLL=YES There was no rose flower on the top hat, and there was no rose decoration on side of the dress like in the photos. Instead there was this massive red plastic jewel.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Not at all.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Mint on Card was sweet enough to offer my a refund for the Ringdoll products I did not get, but I decided I would repair the outfit myself then to go back into the trenches trying to work with Ringdoll for any replacement.
      * Would you order from this company again? Ringdoll? Never again. I was lucky I didn't order a doll from them, but if I received this kind of headache waiting and receiving bad clothes that's a good indicator that I will never order from them again, dolls included. Mint on Card will happily get my business again for refunding me, and being understanding through the whole process.

12. * What did you order? Ringdoll Teen Chai fullset
      * When did you order? December 8th 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Company
      * How was the communication? Absolutely TERRIBLE
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Eight and a half months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I love the bodies and sculpts, he's gorgeous.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very.
      * Would you order from this company again? No, look below.

I must say at first I ordered through the company because a friend of mine did and got hers in nine weeks, almost a year ago. So I ordered him the day he was released on the Ringdoll website. They allowed me to do a short layaway. Paid him off in a month, and then settled to wait. Chinese holiday came and went, and I had some communication with the company, mainly because I had moved. Then, when the Egypt uprising hit, I lost ALL communication with the company. At first, didn't really worry about it, because after a week or so, this was at the end of February, it was announced that there was an accident in their factory, their IT bill didn't get paid, and some people were hospitalized and they were moving. The wait continued. I got a hold of someone via email in April, and was told he'd be shipped out that month and that they had the correct address. I was okay with that because the house that I had been in wasn't up for sale yet. April came and passed, and I started to get worried because my aunt and uncle came out to work on the house to get it ready for the market. I did get an email with the correct address listed, but wasn't sure that was where they would send him. It was then that all email died with them. NO ONE could get a hold of them. They started ignoring their DA page and Facebook. I was getting VERY worried as it was now June and there was no resolution in sight. A friend, in Singapore, got a hold of someone, but, their international sales was in a different area than their local, and they couldn't get a hold of any of the information there. FINALLY, in late July, I translated their BBS, and PM'd the company on there, and by the powers above, I got an answer! They verified that my current address is the correct one, and I had a sigh of relief. And, on August 7th, I got a note on their BBS WITH A TRACKING NUMBER! And, IT WAS A LEGIT NUMBER! I was estatic. Then, I saw other dolls that had finally arrived from them, and they came dirty, not put together correctly, missing/broken parts, and I started to get worried again. On August 12th, my mailman came, and there was the beautiful box that read "Ringdoll" on the side, and I squealed loud enough for him to cringe. Then, I dragged it inside, hugging the box. The box was a little damaged, but nothing major, and when I pulled out the invoice, everything was listed, I was afraid they'd forget his flute. I started pulling things out, and realized, they forgot his boots! That was OK because the black ones that were supposed to go with the set didn't look good with it, and I had a pair of more expensive white ones I'd gotten for free on Ebay for him anyway so I wouldn't have used the default ones. I was so scared that he'd be dirty or broken or something when I pulled him out, but, to my relief and surprise, he wasn't. His eyes are different than I thought they'd be, I thought they were a grey blue, but they're a grey yellow and pretty. Needless to say, even though I am satisfied with the product, I will not order through the company again.

--EDC

13. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Teen Judges with a wig and glasses

* When did you order?
      January 26th 2011, I think.

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company, unfortunately.

* How was the communication?
      What communication? >_>
      When I first ordered, I got replies confirming my order with a three-payment layaway and with the invoice. I received no communication from Ringdoll again after that, other than a few automated responses about them being out of office/having problems/other excuses. I got ONE more personal reply in March when I asked for a refund of the first two payments, since they hadn't been replying to my e-mails and I was getting pretty pissed off. I then thought that they were going to start replying normally and decided to keep waiting for my doll instead of taking the refund. The next response I got was in August when I started messaging Ringdoll on their Chinese BBS site, since they had never replied to my e-mails again.

* How easy was it to pay?
      It was easy to SEND them the money on Paypal. However, they never confirmed receiving ANY of the three payments I made and I was pretty worried about it, especially once it got past the 60 days Paypal allows for disputes.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Almost seven months after I ordered. 4-5 months after I finished paying the layaway. However, I never received any notification when it shipped or any tracking number.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The doll and wig quality are nice. The glasses weren't so great and one of the legs (the glasses legs, not the doll leg..) snapped within a few hours of opening him (I was able to glue it back together so I'm not THAT annoyed about it).

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The doll and wig do. The face-up is nice too. In the sales picture, the glasses clearly have plastic lenses, but the ones I received had no lenses, which is a bit disappointing. I'll probably end up buying him some better glasses from another company.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      I'm totally happy with the doll and wig. Glasses I'm not even caring about after waiting so long. I'm just happy to have actually received my doll.

I'm not going to bother saying anything to them, since I doubt they'd respond anyway and it's not a huge deal.

I would NEVER buy directly from them again. I might buy their products second-hand or through a dealer.

14. Does anyone know how Ringdoll are doing now? I was thinking about buying Ring's body, but now...

15. * What did you order? Two outfits, a pair of shoes and accessories.
      * When did you order? 7/1-11
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from the company
      * How was the communication? At first it was quite good although somewhat confused. Then there was a long holiday which was followed by the accident. I got a reply from Emily some time after the accident saying that my order was being processed as fast as they could but that there would be delays, then..... nothing. Until two days ago when I got a letter from my local post office saying there was a parcel for me. I did not get any notification of the dispatch, and it was sent to my old address which I left 4 months ago (I had notified the company about this change).
      * How easy was it to pay? The first invoice I got was erroneous, but they fixed it quickly after I ponted it out. Payment via paypal was easy, of course.
      * How long did it take to ship? Like 8 months.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The items seem very, very nice. Nothing to complain about there at least. :sweat
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, I thinks so.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, except for the wait and lack of communication (the wait I can understand, but not the way they have handled the communication since the accident and the mail fail). However, most of all I am very happy the parcel arrived at last - and that everything was in there, in good condition. :)
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I never really tried to complain, as I realized they are currently drowning in letters of complaint and obviously have a hard time keeping up as it is.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would maybe order again whenever they have solved their problems, or from a dealer.​

16. Better late than never.

* What did you order? Ringdoll Valo
      * When did you order? end of May 2011
      * How was the communication? good - I ordered through Jeeryama on ebay
      * How easy was it to pay? yes - through Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 3 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? even though I ordered a blank doll, they gave me a free faceup for waiting n_n
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes, but the faceup looked slightly rushed (hey, it was free)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes
      * Would you order from this company again? yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes [​IMG]

17. * What did you order?
      RingGrown Sol nude, his clothes and his shoes

* When did you order?
      8th of December, 2011

Directly from the company

Pretty good, Jenny was very nice and answered my questions. Unfortunately there is no shopping cart system

Easy, using PayPal

Got the tracking number on the 30th of December, so not even a month. He arrived 17 days later due to customs

Yes, smooth resin and nice looking clothes

Yes

Of course, he's gorgeous!

N/A

I already got my eyes on other stuff from Ringdoll... :) But I'll most likely order through a retailer located in Europe, customs made me pay about $165 for my boy

18. * What did you order? This outfit. I ordered through Alice's Collections.
      * When did you order? My order was confirmed by Alice's on December 16th, 2011
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dealer, Alice's Collections.
      * How was the communication? I didn't need to contact Ringdoll, but all communication from Alice's was awesome.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? The item got to Alice's Collections on December 26th. Alice's sent my package shortly after.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Totally! The outfit is gorgeous, can't wait to put it on my doll when he is restrung.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup. Long kimono is loooong (seems longer than pictures) but no biggie at all.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Indeed!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably. I am comfortable ordering other things from Ringdoll through Alice's Collections, since the people at Alice's speak English well and everything. So, yes.

19. Positive Review

* What did you order?
      Frankenstein

* When did you order?
      Ordered: 1/15/12
      Layaway Paid: 4/9/12
      Shipped: 5/17/12
      Arrived: 5/23/12

Directly from Ringdoll, through emails handled by Jenny.

Answered within 2-3 business days.

Very easy with Paypal. No fees.

6 Days to ship.
      1.5 Months to arrive after paying layaway off.

I'd heard of some problems with damaged faceups or ill-fitting clothing, but I have to say that the quality looked good to me. I was surprisingly satisfied.

Close enough. Ringdoll changed the body blushing and faceup a bit after the initial photos, but it was very like the photos the eventually took.

Yes.

N/A

Yes.

20. I have ordered from Ringdoll twice, directly from the company.

Order #1, Sol

When did you order? I believe it was January or early February, 2011.
      How was the communication? At first it was great. The rep answered my every question very quickly. But I was unaware they had a backlog, and communication came less and less frequently. Due dates for my doll's completion came and went, time and time again. Finally all communication ceased and I had a dreadful feeling I'd been scammed. Turns out there was an industrial accident at the company, but during this time period I wasn't getting much information from them; when I did it was a generic message each time. Ringdoll's Facebook fans were complaining, talking to the police and their embassies, and I myself was contemplating filing a Paypal dispute. But eventually everything got sorted out. The company solved its issues, a new rep started contacting people, and I was finally able to get my order straightened out.
      How easy was it to pay? I actually had a bit of trouble with this. This was only my second BJD. The first company I dealt with had an order system online. Ringdoll had nothing but pictures and prices. There was no order button and no shopping cart. So I had to e-mail to ask how to order, and my first reply was a PDF file I could not open on my computer. I actually had to complain a few times to get them to just type our for me what I had to do (essentially just type to them what doll I wanted and wait for a total), then it took forever for them to clarify that I needed to send them my phone number before my order would be placed. They kept saying they didn't have all my information, and I had to ask several times specifically WHAT information was missing. Their English rep wasn't the greatest. But finally I got the total from them and was able to send a Paypal payment easily.
      How long did it take to ship? 9 agonizing months. T_T
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Eh, probably not. The dolls are really unique, but I find Ringdoll's craftsmanship to be sloppy and their dolls have a cheap feel to them. Both dolls I've ordered have had white flaky stuff at all their joints and in between their fingers and toes. I have another tan doll from a different company, and he did not turn out like that. Ringdoll's elbow joints are crappy. They can't pose their arms very well (very stiff), the peanuts in the elbows pinch, and their feet look weird, like bird feet. Their toes are long and their feet are very unrealistic and seriously lacking detail. If you can put shoes on them, you'll want to. And my main issue is how small and funny-shaped their heads seem to be. I've bought almost a dozen wigs for Sol and can't get a single one to fit him properly. I've tried everything from a 6/7 to a 9/10 and almost nothing fits right. I don't know what the deal is!
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Kinda. The faceup was a bit of a surprise. In the picture his hair and hat covered his eyebrows, so I was surprised to see the way they were actually painted on his head. They look like insect antennae. Which actually looks pretty cool to me! His nose seemed a little different, but he's an attractive doll. The eyebrows make him look a little angry, though. And the tan resin is very orange in color.
      Were you satisfied with the product? For all my complaints, I really do love the doll. His torso is sculpted beautifully, and he has working 'man-parts,' which is unique among my collection! And though I'm having lots of trouble with wigs, he easily fits clothes from other companies (namely Dollmore) so at least I can dress him well!
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Well, as consolation for the long wait period, I got free fists for my doll. I don't know if I'll ever use them, but eh, they were free.
      Would you order from this company again? Yes, and I have..

Order #2, Frankenstein

When did you order? I swore I'd never buy from Ringdoll again after waiting 9 months for my first doll, but I couldn't resist taking a chance when I saw their limited Frankenstein doll. I drooled over his promo pics for months before his actual release, and though I didn't expect to see him for another year, based on my previous experience, I felt he'd be worth the wait. I ordered him December 2011.
      How was the communication? I had no trouble at all this time around.
      How easy was it to pay? Now I knew what I was doing. lol
      How long did it take to ship? Under 30 days for my order to be placed, filled, and received!
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Same issues as above, especially with the white flaky resin on the joints. Someone had also written on my doll in pencil for some reason.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? For the most part. The wig was nothing like pictured. It looked like roadkill, in fact, and is completely unusable as a doll wig.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Not entirely. He has a lot of white flaking resin and a lot of white scratches on his body. But since he's Frankenstein, it blends in well enough. The wig was disgusting (check out my box-opening thread for a good laugh!) and it was almost impossible to get him dressed. The gloves do not fit at all and the leggings had to be ripped to get onto his legs. I'm not kidding. Other people didn't have the same problem, but their clothing was made differently. Even taking my Frankenstein's hands off, the wrists of the armlet sleeves will not go within an inch of his actual arms. They're way too small. The pants also had a missing snap, which I bought and repaired myself.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I didn't say anything about it. I was just happy to have my doll.
      Would you order from this company again? Yes, as I know what to expect! lol They just have such unique items and style, and their sculpts are beautiful. I can brush flaking resin away and put shoes on their ugly little feet. And I buy most of my wigs from ebay.