1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Company Feedback (ALL)

Sep 3, 2009

1. * What did you order?
      Leo Yama Ring Grown

* When did you order?
      Started layaway January 2020 - finished paying some time in April
      (I received him months ago I just didn't write a review until now)

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Through Alice's Collections, where I do all my preorders/layaways.

* How was the communication?
      No issues. Really didn't have much to ask just messaged ACBJD when I sent payment.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. I saved ACBJD as a quick pay on Paypal.

* How long did it take to ship?
      After I finished my last payment it was shipped out immediately and arrived a week later. FAST.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The box is beautiful and he is a very lovely doll. Definitely worth the price. (which isn't that expensive)

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      He will when I put a face on him!

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      I am very satisfied. He's a lovely sculpt. Really love the detailing in the feet and hands.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      No issues.

* Would you order from this company again?
      I am planning to if/when they come out with Sun Ce.
      I am a huge Three Kindgoms/Dynasty Warriors fan and I love that boy.

2. * What did you order?
      Ashford EVO tan (in-stock sale)

* When did you order?
      December 31, 2021

Direct from the company.

Communication was quick and friendly. I had also asked for an update on the replacement hand from my previous order and they let me know how that was going, too.

Very easy, via PayPal.

Shipped January 9th and arrived January 11th.

Very much, though there were some dark marks on the back of his head and an ear but they came off with some scrubbing.

Looks like the company's images of the blank sculpts, except in tan.

Very satisfied, though there are a couple of odd things about the body compared to my other two of the same type (the top of the neck is flat, instead of rounded, and the bottom of one foot doesn't have the same amount of detail as the other). But, they don't really hinder anything.

I didn't bring it up since they aren't major issues.

I would, though likely only in-stock items since their wait times for pre-order items is rather long (unless I just really want something that's only available for pre-order).

3. *Negative*

* What did you order?

Aooni head + face up
      Raven head + face up

* When did you order?

1st Jan 2021

I ordered through Clover Singing so haven't had any contact with Ringdoll. Communication with CS has been very good.

Easy

13 months (shipped Feb 2022)

Yes and no, see below

Yes and no, see below

Despite paying for both heads to have face ups and waiting 13 months, they only did the face up on one head and sent the other head blank. The face up they did do is very good and i'm happy with it. But i'm not happy they didn't face up the other head.

No, I am so done with Ringdoll at this point.

Edit: I heard back from my dealer and they said "i'm very sorry, i asked RD about the make-up event, they told me the Raven doll head has the make-up service, but the painter of RD doesn't offer the make-up of Aooni head, it is very sad!"

It seems that it took them so long to produce the head that the face up artist stopped doing that face up! And bear in mind I ordered the head 3 months before the discontinuation event to try and help it not get lost in the surge of orders. And RD sent the head without any explanation about why it didn't have the face up and did not offer a refund for the face up not happening. It took my dealer chasing them up on that. I'm trying to get a refund but i'm still going to lose some money due to paypal fees as loooong past the point where the dealer can do refund on the original payment.

So after 18 months I now have a chipped, stained, broken, heavily yellowed body with hands and head that don't match due to being fresh resin and the head has no face up. Great. Good job Ringdoll.

#103 Epicari, Feb 16, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    4. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Lexi (Fullset)

* When did you order?
      18th August 2021

Directly from Ringdoll's China store (on Taobao)

I directly contacted Ringdoll's CS (customer service livechat) on every occasion. Their CS was pretty hit or miss as they have a few people handling their CS side, and it depended on who I was talking to on each occasion. Most times I would be asked to 'wait a while', and you'd think it meant waiting for a few hours at most, as it was a livechat where they respond immediately. However, it felt like I had to prompt their CS to keep up with my enquiry by knocking on their CS's door every other day - as not once did they get back even after me 'waiting' for a few days at first. (It does feel like their Chinese CS has improved recently though.)

Very easy. I paid the full amount, and then another 1 yuan to ship the doll to Taobao's warehouse address after the original order's shipping validity expired.

5 months

More or less. I ordered during a sale, and paid 600USD for the fullset. (The fullset usually goes for ~710USD on their Taobao store).
      I would highly say that the quality largely comes from the beautiful faceup I received. There were some buff marks on his shoulders, and a dark spot on the sole of one of his feet. The clothing was well made, but with a lot of uncut thread. The fake 'tails' that Lexi has has a button closure, which would *never* stay on, and feels rather fragile and had to be handled with a lot of care.

Mostly yes. The faceup I received is actually significantly different enough from the official photos imo, but still well done and good quality. Clothes look the same as sales pictures.

Yes, but as seen above, the satisfaction comes from his beautiful faceup.

-

No. He was my first doll, and I went into it not knowing much about Ringdoll at that point. Political position aside, after ordering I realised that many other customers before me expressed dissatisfaction with their Ringdoll Lexi's company faceup (with photo evidence), and I could see why, so I was on tenterhooks the entire time I was waiting for my order to arrive.
      I also honestly feel that my order was shipped 'early' (for Ringdoll's standards) only because I was checking in with CS frequently (also because they kept asking me to wait without getting back!). Whilst my order arrived rather quickly and was luckily handled with a lot of care (thank you to the packing staff and faceup artist!), I would not want to be subject to their usual longer waittimes and inconsistent updates from their CS again.

#104 esuko, Jul 17, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    5. * What did you order?
      Xie Lian

* When did you order?
      September 2021 (I just realised these threads existed)

Direct from the company's English website.

Good. I didn't need to ask many questions, so most of my communication with them was regarding payment confirmation and getting a shipping notice. There were a couple of days between when i placed my order and sent my payment confirmation before i got a reply, but I think i ordered on what would have been a weekend for them, so I can chalk it up to time zone differences and having a smaller team.

I paid through paypal, so it was very simple.

He was a preorder, so it took about 4 months, which was within the estimated time in the listing. He arrived the end of January. I did have to contact the shipping carrier to find out why the tracking didn't update after the package made it to the US, though. That is the only thing I wasn't entirely satisfied with, as I paid for DHL, but after getting to the US, the package was turned over to USPS and didn't require a signature on delivery. According to DHL, the sender needs to specify that a package should be signed for, otherwise it gets turned over to USPS (I live in a rural area so that may affect their answer). I've had other packages from DHL before that required delivery confirmation, so I was not aware that this wasn't standard when requesting DHL. I don't remember if there was an option to request they ship it and require signature on delivery or not when I ordered.

Yes

Within reason, yes. I'm well aware companies retouch their photos, but everything looked like the pictures when i compared items to the promo pictures he came with (mostly the materials of the clothing, because I had seen some people complaining about them).

Yes, very! He's lovely and I'm very happy with him! He does have a bit of a smudge on his torso that didn't come off with a magic eraser, but i'm not sure if he came from the manufacture that way or got smudged during the times i was unboxing him before i got him dressed and set up.
      The clothing is very well made, but one of the snaps on his robe was very hard to open and some of the stitching on it did come undone due to me really having to yank to get it open, which I can easily fix myself. Other than that, everything is very well made and feels very nice. His wig is a little messy, but it was my first time putting a styled wig on a doll. It's mostly just a couple of fly aways that I could trim.

n/a

Yes! I have Hua Cheng on layaway through BJDivas simply because I needed the longer layaway time than what is offered through Ringdoll or other dealers. If they had a long layaway, I would have ordered him through Ringdoll directly as well

6. * What did you order? Ozhu doll fullset
      * When did you order? May 2021
      * How was the communication? Decent
      * How easy was it to pay? Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Fast, few days
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? None
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes

7. Negative --> Positive

* What did you order?
      Yumeo 1/4 full set with combined package of accessories and additional pair of eyes

* When did you order?
      August 5, 2022

* How was the communication? They replied quickly. However, their English was hard to understand, and I'm not sure they read all my emails.

Also, it was rather hard to find how to communicate with them. They don't have Q&A board like many other companies do. The order confirmation email said: "If you have any question with the order, please contact us at <ringdoll.hk email>" - but when I did have a question about my order and wrote to that address, there was no reply. They also have some sort of a chat interface in "My Account" - that also doesn't work. There is no "Contact" page on their website, and the service emails that worked - I managed to fish them out of their blog, of all places.

* How easy was it to pay? No problems there whatsoever

* How long did it take to ship? 12 days

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not quite. The quality control could have been better

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. Sort of. See below.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Not exactly. The doll comes with fox ears that attach magnetically, and one of the magnets in the head was installed backwards (I think the problem is with the head and not the ears because both the ears attach to one side, but not to the other). Which means not only I cannot use these ears with the doll - I won't be able to attach any sort of other accessories like horns or whatever. Not to mention this would affect the price if I ever wish to sell the doll.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They did not. Initially, I asked them to send me either a replacement ear with no magnet, or a replacement head cap with magnets correctly installed (the doll came with the booklet, which said that in case of quality problems they can send a replacement, but I would pay for the shipping). They refused to do that and suggested I use more magnets.

They did offer a $40 coupon for my next purchase - I thought I might use that to just purchase a blank Yumeo head from their website (I would have to pay for the shipping of the replacement part anyway, so why not just get a blank head instead). I asked them (to be sure) if the head comes with magnets and if they can check that they are installed correctly - they never replied to those questions. That's the email I doubt they have read. If they have, that would be the end of it to our mutual satisfaction, I think - I would get my coupon, and they would get to sell me the head. But despite me accepting the coupon, they never actually gave it to me.

In their last email to me, this is what they suggested: "I think we both know the reason why the eras cannot match the head is that one is S and one is N. If the head is "N" like this picture I attached, then the ear should be "S", so we use the new magnet (the black squre) to change the N to S, so that the ear can attach on the head." - for the life of me, I cannot understand what it means, apparently a reiteration of their suggestion to use more magnets. When I asked for clarification on this, they never replied. I waited a couple of days and messaged them again, and they blocked me altogether. (That was especially strange. Why would you block a customer and refuse any communication with them, especially if you are kinda failing to help them in any meaningful way? This is literally the first time ever I got blocked by a company representative. I didn't even know blocking a customer was a thing lol. And no, I wasn't rude or screaming at them)

* Would you order from this company again? Of course not.

#107 yumeo, Aug 24, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    8. Update on the magnets problem above:

So after my email address was blocked, there seemed to be no way of reaching out to the company, so I decided to open a PayPal dispute for a partial refund (the cost of a blank head). After that the company reached out to me and offered to send a replacement head, which I happily accepted. It took a while (they actually even did a face-up on the head :chibi) Today I received it, and the ears work fine with it, so I finally can see my Yumeo in all his foxy glory. Thank you so much Ringdoll! :chibi

I also let them know that my email address was blocked - that also has been solved (I had to reply from different email addresses). Apparently, it wasn't done intentionally as I initially thought, but rather their email server for some reason decided I am a spammer *_*.

All is well that ends well, so in the end I am happy overall about their customer service. It would be great if they made a message board on their website, similar to what many other companies have - it would be much more convenient than email.

9. What did you order?
      The Wizard Elzevir (fullset)

When did you order?
      Late December 2021

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Ordered through Alice's Collections

How was the communication?
      Very good! AC is always easy to talk to.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paid in full, so super easy.

How long did it take to ship?
      Nine months, but only because my order was held up by other items in the order.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Oh absolutely! The clothing is lovely quality and his jewellery is really beautiful. His face up is one of the nicest company face ups I've ever recieved!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Exactly the same, only his wig does need a little styling.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes he's so cute! :whee:

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Would you order from this company again?
      Most definitely! :D