1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll doll Kirin

Jan 17, 2012

1. I know Kirin doesn't come with jointed hands, but since Ringdoll used them to make his promotion photos more appealing, there's a good chance they will be available seperately...soon :)

2. *hadn't thought of that* oh gods I really hope they do :D

3. >< I swore to myself I was done buying dolls for a while since I kinda went crazy w/ the buying lately but I keep looking at him and wanting him more and more. *SIGH* I guess I'm going to be giving Alice's Collections a thrill... >_> like she hasn't already gotten enough of my money.

4. Is Ringdoll resin the enviro kind? That's what I've been told o_O

5. yes, as far as I'm aware they still use a blend of environment protect resin, but I read in another ringdoll thread that they claim their latest mix colour matches with other companies (i.e. they still use enviro resin but it doesn't have the translucence that regular enviro resin tends to show)

edit:not that there's anything wrong with environment protect resin. Some mixes may be more prone to yellowing, but it makes the doll more sturdy - resistant to chipping etc.

back on topic: can't wait to get my hands on that tattooed torso >w< could 15th Feb come sooner please~

6. I just started layaway for this sexy doll!^^

7. I also just put Kirin on layaway - Jenny at Ringdoll got in touch w/me :d I'm so happy (but my bank acct is not LOL)

8. WOOHOO - my freakin' awesome mom (bookdreamer22) just ordered two of these bad boys, one for her and one for me. I'll reimburse her for some of the cost of mine, and the rest will be a quasi-birthday present. (My b-day is in March.) Gah, I'm so excited! Kirin is smokin' hot. Waiting for him is going to be torture. >_<

9. oh wow Genesblues! wish my mum would ever do something that epic for me...though being one of 4 offspring on a lower middle class income i would hardly expect it XD

i'm getting that amazing body anyway :kitty2 the split I set up got filled so quickly...this guy is popular!

10. deadpixel - Words can not describe how much I love my ma. LOL! She's my mom and one of my best friends and a fellow bjd collector all rolled into one package. It's great being able to share the hobby with her. I can't wait for us to get our Kirins and compare our various plans for them... (Although, right now, both of us are planning to keep our boys naked for at least a week to show off that gorgeous tattoo. Great minds think alike. *LOL!* )

11. Just finished paying off my layaway for Kirin, & I bought the jointed hands! The sword however, did it EVER go on sale? The Alice's Collection GO seemed to indicate they got a sword!

12. As far as I am aware the sword was only available as part of the Kirin fullset, but I could be wrong. It would be great if they put the sword on sale separately though, the one in my split order is going to someone else ^^"

13. I've ordered the full set so I guess I will see - but the description of what the full set consists of does NOT seem to include the sword! I hope I'm wrong...

14. Teleri, I found this on the Ringdoll website, on the product page for Kirin
      Rot41 is the sword

I was sure I remembered reading that it was included...so no worries!

edit: as far as I can make out from the website, the sword is also available as a separate accessory for purchase, yay!

15. AHHH, so what they call a dagger is going to be that sword? GREAT - although I will reserve jumping for joy until his box arrives LOL

16. no, the dagger is a separate item as well ^^ The item with the code Rot41 is the sword, then Rot42, Rot43 and Rot44 are the dagger, icepicks and flashlight.

They don't name the sword in the description, they only give the item code for it. But it is listed separately for sale on the website under the same code, which is how I identified it :)

17. He is so handsome, I already have enough big guys around now.......I may try to get a different Ring Grown.