1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Mini Discussion

Jun 21, 2009

1. Ah, I've been looking at Pu'er too! :XD: He's really cute!!

I only have girl 1/4s, but I think they pose nicely and hold their poses well, though I've mostly done pretty normal sitting/standing/kneeling poses.

I've liked the fullsets I've gotten from RD so far! The only issues I've had are pretty minor (on my fullset Miu, two of the hooks closing her belt were sewn on in a way that made it impossible to close, but that's an easy fix!). I haven't had issues with the dolls fitting their own outfits otherwise, and their wigs are nice and consistent with the photos. I have two different fullset dolls wearing hanfu, and the way they're designed is pretty different. One (Bi Luo Chun, 1/4) has her dress basically sewn up like a normal two part doll dress where part one pulls over her head and part two zips in the back—so there's not much wiggle room when it comes to fit, and I actually take off her head to save myself grief pulling it over her shoulders. The other (Tina, 1/3) is designed more like an actual person outfit and closes with ties, so it's easy to dress her, and there's more room to experiment with it and try it on different dolls. I'm not sure what style Pu'er's is sewn in, but I wanted to share my experience with their hanfu sets!

2. thanks for these answers!
      I guess that means buying just the clothes for another doll probably wouldn't be a good idea... I guess that boy will go on my 'maybe' list for now

3. Finally found the perfect wig for Minato, ironically belongs to another doll's fullset. Oh well. I also finally got some clear elastic to keep his shoes on, which is also a win for me.
      [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

My Alice who just arrived second hand! I'm thinking about names still. I've hot glue sueded and wired her and she poses great now!

5. Thank you for sharing. She's lovely, I always feel happy when seeing some owner picture of Alice :XD:

6. Thank you! That was my first little haori jacket. The belt is a bit too tight on him since it was made for a smaller boy. I'll have to do some sewing to fix it.

7. Ooh, Ringdoll have just released a 1/4 doll in "fashion doll" scale, meaning it's like an SD in proportions but shrunk down - he's 50cm tall, looks like he should fit in with the Iplehouse FID, Sartoria J and Raccoondoll size crowd - this is very exciting!!! Also he's SO CHEAP compared to all the others I mentioned, especially with the opening sale - very tempting, except I also want to wait and see if they make other sculpts too? As "Raymond" is the big Raymond shrunk down, I'm hoping they do others as well - imagine if they did Fallen Angel Lucifer with all those wings at 1/4 scale?! Crossing my fingers!!!
      Anyway, here's the link:
      Raymond 2.0 1/4 Scale

8. I recently got my first Ring Kid, and while I love her and the feel of her resin, her body just...is really bad? At posing, holding poses... it squeaks, flops around, all sorts of problems. Does anyone else have these problems? Do I just need to suede and wire her? Or are there really good options for hybrids that match RD normal?

9. @dm_sof I used to restring mine with different elastic and that work quite well. Using silicone kip can help too. I also heard some people wiring their ringdoll.

The main reason I hybrid my Alice01 is because she was too tall, not much the mobility problem :abambi:

If you don't mind the height, Myou, Doll Family H and Doll Family A offer color matching. 3 of them are quite good at posing. I've handle Myou ver.1 body before she can stand, sit, kneel, and pose nicely.

Loong soul and Charm doll have neck circumference match, but the color is not 100% perfect match, ring doll's color it self also varies batch by batch, so a company that offer color matching seem to be a better choice.

10. I'll probably end up going the color matching route, yeah. I didn't know that about MYOU! I've got a DF-H body that I like pretty well, although it's a 68cm so clearly not a testable option, haha. Maybe I'll wait for my MYOU girls to arrive and see how I like their bodies before picking one.

In the meantime, guess I'm restringing and hot-glue sueding her, since I'm out of kips. I'll let y'all know what the result is. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll work well enough I don't feel the need to buy a new body; I really do love the resin feel.

11. I hope the restringing goes well and fixes the issue! I have two RD Kid girls, and I didn't have problems with them squeaking or flopping, though poses with the elbow joints have to be set into place very deliberately or they won't hold. Once they're set, they seem to hold whatever pose I set them in just fine.