1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll Mini Discussion

Jun 21, 2009

1. I took a few more snaps of Tanas today, so I thought I'd share them~ ^.^ I'm amazed how different your boy looks, mon2x..! Oh, and I use silicone earplugs in my guys. They aren't especially firm, but they seem to be safe for the dollies. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

goldendiamonds, Yuki is both versatile and utterly gorgeous! :)

2. Sanctioned: Yea, I still use ringdoll's putty, I'm just thinking ahead for when I've used up all the eye putty on what to replace it with :D Maybe I could still use blu-tac but take the eyes off whenever I'm not "using" Kael? ^^; but yeah, since I do still have RD's eye putty, I'll still use that :3

Statuess: Thanks, I'll try to look for silicone ear plugs and try it out :D and Your boy is so cute~! I love that hair <3 and that skin tone is really lovely~ How does the Normal skin appear in person? Does it look similar to the pictures of kyo or is it darker/lighter? I also wanted to get Kael in normal skin, but I was afraid I wouldn't like the shade when he came~ so I just selected the white skin like in the pictures~ But I also like him now as he is :D

3. Hello, everyone.
      One quick question.
      I'm thinking about getting A Ringdoll Wagashi style-B as my first Bjd.
      But Ringdoll doesn't send the dolls with their eyes already installed. D:
      But, is it hard to put in their eyes or no? :|
      Thanks! :3
      -TacoBunny

4. Wagashi is a Ring Teen and this discussion thread is aimed at the Ring Kids, but I highly doubt that setting eyes in Wagashi would be too difficult. You could probably send RingDoll an email and ask them if they would be willing to set the eyes for you, if you wanted.

5. Yeah, I knew that, but you all looked like good people with the info to help me.
      I've thought about emailing them.
      I'm just scared to accedently break the eye or something.
      -TacoBunny

6. I really highly doubt you'll break the eyes. If it's glass, you'd have to throw it against the ground purposely. Acrylic eyes won't be that fragile either. You won't break the eye just setting it inside of the head unless you're as gentle as an extremely furious Hulk.

7. O_O That sounds scary.
      But, I'm such a klutz.
      Anyways, thanks for the help. ^^
      -TacoBunny

8. Don't be scared, It's really easy to put them on your dolly, yourself~ :D And I swear, the eyes won't break easily~

9. [​IMG]

Polaris, My WS female Kyo arrived~!
      RD changed their resin, I wonder if this is still environment friendly~ It's no longer "Opaque" and the doll itself i think is more detailed, like the nails and palm creases are more defined. The "skin" sort of feels a bit chalky/grainy for me, and it feels like the fingers will break easier. and also, I find her a bit tightly strung opposed to Kael,(WS En) Is there a way I can repair this without removing all of her parts/restringing her whole body?

10. It's funny you should mention the fingers breaking, mon2x. I got a NS Kyo boy for Christmas. He's gorgeous, but somehow one of his fingers snapped off. I don't know if he was sold to us that way or if I handled him too roughly somehow, but I'd advise anyone with a new doll to be very careful with the hands.

11. i'm not sure if i should sell Kai, but i have been thinking about it for 4 months now? yet looking at some pictures i have taken yesterday i think i have changed my mind??? i know i'm totally in love with Yuki, but i was slightly disapointed with Kai because he did not looking like the offical pictures. yet this might be me just being picky.. also his eyes are such a pain in the bum because some 12mm are still slightly to big... grrr...

[​IMG]

in this picture you can see his eyes do not fit .... Grr...

[​IMG]

12. goldendiamonds, I have found that 10mm eyes actually fit RingKids much better, and look much more realistic. I do have to say, though. Your dolls look gorgeous! :D

13. thank you Redfaery, i think 12mm eyes are ok in Yuki, yet they do not really fit Kai very well. i might try 10mm eyes on him and see what fits better :)

14. Redfaery: Yeah, When I got Polaris, I was a bit disappointed about the resin, since I loved Kael's resin ^^; but I like how detailed the hands are.. I just have to be really really gentle with her hands ^^;;

Goldendiamonds: Your Yuki looks stunning~!! Kai is beautiful too~ The Dylan sculpt is too popular~=D

15. Well...I don't know how my Kyo's hand broke, but the people at Ringdoll are being very nice about getting me a new hand for him.

16. Redfaery: He arrived to you with his hand broke? D: It's good that they would replace the hand~

17. Not really. He was a Christmas gift, and at some point, his finger snapped off. Maybe in the doll store, maybe when he was being bundled back into his box, maybe even when I was posing him....in any case, he looks really cute with my Rebecca. :) They're an adorable couple.

18. [​IMG]

Heres my RD kyo with 10mm eyes~ They look really nice on him. The 12mm's pupil took up most of the eyes and there was hardly any white xD.

(sorry for the bad picture lol, my camera can't take good pictures >.<)

19. Plushie,

10mm eyes do look alot better, i will try them in my Kai (Dylan) xx

20. Original Post has been edited or removed due to privacy concerns.

#160 Evelia, Jan 11, 2011
      Last edited: Oct 13, 2020