1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Robotfie!!! ^o^

Jul 8, 2005

1. Very interesting......

I can only imagine the vinyl covering getting damaged if you were to have them fight, though.

2. It looks like...Astro Boy...*cry*

3. Wow, this is interesting :D :D

Please keep in mind folks that even though Volks will be marketing the doll, if it isn't a ABJD then it isn't a topic for DoA.

Obviously we kinda have to wait for photos before saying that kind of thing conclusively, but I just wanted to be sure that everyone remembers the focus of the forum.

4. *All hopes dashed*

5. I'm hoping that this is merely the first step to a humanoid or BJD look-a-like robot.

6. Hey, they look cuter than I expected! They have a certain Megaman flavour...I like them :D

Not that I'm considering to buy one in the future. But I like them.

Edit: ooooooooh, the videos. Oooh. I know it's completely OT, but I love how these little robots move. Chroino is so cute...

7. i saw the videos too! they're realllllly amazing. which probably means they'll be realllllllly expensive :(
      philion

8. *pouts* I wanted them to look like dollfies that could move on their own... there goes my Angelic Layer fantasy.. :(

Oh well, our day will come!! :grin:

9. These robots just mean that it's that much closer! :chibi

10. Oh, I soooo want one of these! Do you suppose they make them SIXTY FEET TALL, with Tokyo-destroying capabilities?

11. boy do i wish :drool but unfortunately they're only like 12 inches tall or so i've heard :(
      philion
      ps. we should totally have like battles with them like robot wars on g4tv!

12. You bet!!! :grin: :D :daisy

13. I'm going to play the oracle and say that probably in a year will be videos of robot battles on the net.
      I mean, just do a search for 'robosapien' in Google! and these little ones look a LOT more advanced *__*

Now, what about a mini-godzilla? :chibi

14. Maybe Volks is styling a more human-looking one? That may be what the collaberation is. You never know!

15. :D Adorable! I like Neon already... but I’m thinking about the price... it will be like 200 000 yens or something, I think.
      But definitely is a step further to BJD that can move, just like de Angelic Layer ones or Chobits. I guess CLAMP has some influence in this.
      I'm very excited, I mean, can you imagine having your own Angelic Layer (for a start) and then a persocom in your room that can actually help with your homework or do the housekeeping?
      "That's one step for a BJD, one giant leap for mankind"
      hehehe, sorry, this just came to my mind. ^^U sorry if some felt it like an offence, it wasn't on purpose.:sorry

16. eeeee that's like 2000 dollars in US!!! i do hope it's cheaper. my max is like 700.00 us dollars :oops: btw, firexie, i checked out robosapen. i saw it before and actually the only cool thing it can do is dance :| but with these it can kick balls (that didn't sound right) and do all these ancient manga poses from like the sixties :D whatever happens, i think we're all in for a pleasant surpeise. and by the way persocoms are teh coolest of dem all!!!!!
      philion :wink:

17. For a small doll/action figure you can battle! Damn, $2,000 is a good price! That's some awesome technology shoved into that compact package!

18. actually, now that i remember, tiger toys released something similar to these. they were a tad smaller and more non realistic looking but you could still battle them. i think they were like 30.00 but still they were not as advanced as these robotfies are :oops: maybe they are worth 2000 dollars. if so i'll have to wait a looong time to get one. oh well, they're still frickin awesome,
      philion

19. Yup, robosapien looks like you can get the best from it through non-oficial mods and hacks. A job for programmers, or at least people who really like this kind of stuff.

Now I'm going to sit, and wait to see what a Robotfie is. Because if it moves like the Chronoi does, it will be cool.
      (Then we get Hoi hoi-san, then Angelic Layer! xD )