1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Robotfie!!! ^o^

Jul 8, 2005

1. Wow, this is so cool. But as far as battling I think they'll have to work on making them move faster first. XD Battling at that speed wouldn't be very difficult.

2. I'm guessing the price will be another nitemare for us fans to conquer!!!

3. Wow! That's just Monday! I am so there!! ^-^/
      Can anybody else come?

4. I'm personally not interested in a fighting robot. I'm more interested in a robot that can help out with the household chores like mowing the lawn, folding the laundry, vacuuming the carpeting, sweeping the floors, dusting, and raking the fall leaves. I'd take out a loan for a robot like that!

5. lol! I think we all would!

6. im interested in one that like aibos, can 'learn' based on stimuli. that would make very interesting results!

7. **laughs** I love this...Neon looks like Birdman or Hawk Man or whatever that old superhero guy was called.....

8. I do like them but I feel slightly disturbed by them at the same time.

9. they are so cute :grin: I hope they'll make some human looking one day :grin:
      edit: just saw the little videos, I love how they move so much :o

10. >< wakkakak wonder what it looks like..

11. Just saw the robot on Channel NNK 640 (Kyoto channel) through DishNetwork.
      (I was surfing the channels et voila!)
      His creator Tomotaka Takahashi was discussing the robot on Weekend Japanology show.
      He's definitely not a doll rather a robotic toy.
      The show is conducted in english but is being dubbed over via translation in Japanese and rather difficult to follow the english in the background.

12. I know I would! And if it could do the dishes as well.... I just might have to marry it! *laughs*

13. i saw the meeting room saturday when i went Osaka Volks, i'm so curious to knoe what is Robofie, T_____________T

i want to go again, but to small room, sure it will the crazy there, ><

14. My husband wants one... and I mean, he REALLY wants one! He asks me to ask you to please keep him posted on these robofie's, cause as soon as they're available, I think he's going to buy one!

15. I just got back from the Robofie press conference in Osaka. ^-^

I know there is some nice video footage on the website, but if anyone wants to see my really low-quality rl video clip, it's here:
      http://www.evadne.net/lj/robofie.mov

My Japanese is terrible, so I missed a lot of what was said. But, a few highlights:

VS-1 refers to the inner mechanism of the robot. Currently there are two different styles of casing, one 'cute' (Neon) and the other 'cool'.

Neon: http://www.robo-garage.com/english/robo/neon.html

The other style is the red on in my video, it looks more Gundam-esque.

They are made to appeal to different buyers, and in the future more optional parts will be available. They are being marketed to families and different types of people. They went on and on about how it could be a hobby that could bring the family together and provide educational entertainment. (Envision mom, dad and the kids home on a Sunday robot-building.)

I couldn't understand much of what they were saying about upgrading them, but they'd hope someday to have software you could download off the internet -- but I gathered that was in the far future.

I forget the exact battery power time, but it was *really* low. They tried to gloss over it by saying it depended on what activities the robot was doing and pointed out that it probably wouldn't be in continuous motion, etc. But battery life is an issue.

And last but not least, no, they are not currently planning to combine Super Dolfies and Robofies. (Yes, someone asked!) However, they think the cute robot style will appeal to women and they hope women will enjoy the robot hobby.

'Robot hobby' was really thrown around a lot. The press conference seemed not just to be promoting the robots as products, but to try to convince people that robots make a good hobby for everyone.

16. lol! Low battery life is a bad thing *_*
      I asked(begged) my dad to go to the conference and see what he could find out so Im hopeing he went. Maybe we can find out more about these Robofies ^ _ ^

17. Thanks so much for all the information, Dezarii!

I'm totally in love with the Neon. -_-* That's really bad. Did they say when these would be released, like, for general purchase? Or what they would cost?

18. Hm.... it might be cool... but... somehow... I don't know if it'd be the same thing!

I'd be like that clamp manga I forgor the name? AngelicLayer I think...

Still I'm excited to see how it'd be!

19. does this mean that the other one i think it was chroino won't be for sale? that's the one that caught my eye. o well ill just have to settle with neon if i get the money. (btw do you know the cost yet?)
      philion

20. They said they'd be released on August 31st (I think) and I believe the cost will be around $1,500.

They said that other body types would be available in the future, but for now they only had the two styles modeled. I think the fact that the inner robot is meant to be combined with different outward shells is promising; they are obviously keeping customization in mind. One of the Gundamesque robots had it's 'head' removed to reveal another (ugly male) human head, as if it were a person in a robot suit.

Apparently Neon was the very first; they also showed the prototype for it. It looked pretty much like the production model, just a tad larger.