1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Roonodoll

Jun 15, 2007

1. I can't even find the roondoll shopping site anymore.. Wonder if they went outta business? The doll is sweet and would be nice addition to my tiny family however seems like her body is a problem and needs alot of work, but she is sweet..

Sucker for that sweet face.!

2. thanks.. I think one just got sold on ebay.. gonna watch and see if I can get one soon, but also eyeing a MNF Vamp too..

so many dollies, so little money !

3. Hello! This thread is so handy!
      I just received my Yumi today. I guess I have some concerns of quality of the doll. Firstly it took Roono almost 3 weeks to send me a doll (not to mention they send it not to the address I asked them to send to in e-mail xD). The doll has some pretty rough seam lines which is a bit dirty at couple of places. It was a bit dissapointing at first but I guess I can fix it. Then I noticed that the palms don't have S-hooks but is jointed to lower part of arms by thread elastic (elbow part has normal cord elastic visible, so I guess thread elastic is just tied up to cord at arm section) - I am not sure if it's supposed to be like that as re-stringing looks a bit tricky... The make up is very lovely but is different to what was on the picture (that's ok with me thou as I like it more xD).
      That's the pic of seam lines http://www.flickr.com/photos/7885910@N08/2796508947/

4. I have no idea how the seamlines are supposed to look, but they do look very rough to me... All my tinies have had hands strung with no S-hook so I think that's quite common. I know Cherrily had problems with her Yumi's body, might be worth pm'ing her or contacting her through flickr to ask her what the problem was, I know they replaced her doll.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherrily/2403080635/in/set-72157604399919683/

5. Kayjay, thank you very much!
      To know that no S-hooks at palms happens with dolls is soothing!
      I'll ask Cherrily for more info about the doll, thank you for mentioning it!

6. My doll came looking yours too, Elenna. I had to do a bit of work to her, but she's so loveable. I'm sure you'll be happy. :)

7. catclawtub =) I am so glad everything is ok! (I am kinda new to bjd and made such a fuss, sorry :?). She really is very adorable :D
      One more question *_* Are there any tricks when re-stringing yumi?

8. I never restrung my Yumi. What I did was to put a bit of wire in her joints. She still doesn't stand right, but she poses better. I'd say easily that she is one of my favorite dolls. :)

9. The roonodoll website has DISAPPEARED!!! :...(:...(:...(

10. Really??? I wonder if they went out of business? I know a lot of the customers were very disastisfied.

I just checked and the site is completely gone. *Clings to her Yumi*

11. It doesn't surprise me--these were the worst dolls I ever had. I was so disappointed and then angry when I received my three. Such a pretty face and such horrible quality. Mine were dirty, scraped, had gouges in the resin, and hands, feet, and body resin didn't match at all for resin color, texture or fit of the mold. They were junk. I demanded my money back, I guess I just don't understand accepting such bad quality and fixing dolls yourself--especially when they arrive and are nothing like the dolls shown in pictures and presented to be. If this company went out of business, I consider that a good thing. Sorry to rant on this thread, cause I really, really do love the Yumi face, and like I said, I was so disappointed.

12. I was disappointed when I received my doll as well. They had a lot of potential.

My doll was a lot of work to fix, but it was a good process for me to go through, being that I was terrified of even changing a doll's eyes at the time.

13. Yeah... The website is still gone. I keep checking every so often...

I did want to buy a Yumi, and was putting off the purchase until I had the extra funds for a tiny doll.

Now, I've got a WTB thread up HERE... I hope to find a Yumi of my own.

I AM sorry to hear all the horror stories about the bad quality though. Sounds like Roonodoll did replace and refund a lot of dolls.

toydogz4, did you end up sending your dolls in, for your refund?

:(:(:(

14. why i now love blond byb(=^_^=)

15. [​IMG]

If anybody is interested in replacing their Yumi's body with one with better posing abilities...you can try a Bobobie Isabella body. You will have to mod the inside of the head part a bit so the head will fit, but it is a fantastic match. :)

This is Yumi on a natural skin Bobobie body. Their is a bit of difference in resin color, but Yumi's original body didn't even match that well. :P

16. So glad the new body is working out for your Yumi.

She is so adorable. I'd love to see more pictures.

I kinda gave up on my search for a Roonodoll Yumi for now. I've bought another doll, a tiny BC, and ended up deciding to sell her after a few weeks...

For now, I'll concentrate on SD dolls.

17. I love these and am sad the one in the MP left...how is their match to Bobobie resin? (have a modded PpoPpo body)

I'm aware they went under but some of those dolls sounded horrible...will all their gouges and stuff :(

18. My Yumi got a makeover. Here is her new look.
      [​IMG]
      Shes kicky, I need to restring her and her seams are ghastly. But I adore her, flaws and all. :)