1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosen Lied Discussion part 6

May 19, 2014

1. Sorry, I'm not on this thread often, so I just saw this. Yes, I have a comparison between Volks, Bambicrony, and Tuesday's Child here: Comparison photos of tiny ABJDs (tinies)
      I've had no issues with my Tuesday's Children fitting in Yo clothing.

2. All resin 'mellows', I would have to take pics side by side for comparison. But, bearing in mind I leave my dolls out on a shelf, I don't think she's mellowed too badly.

Don't forget that the Tuesday body has been altered, but I still haven't noticed any difference in my Beige fitting into Yo clothes.

3. From the latest announcement, it seems like there won't be a Limited Chocolat. I think I will put my plans for a RL doll on hold for now since I have a change of doll plans for 2016. Will continue to stalk this thread though so please keep the photos coming!

4. I waited a long time for the limited Beige that I finally got, so fingers crossed your Chocolat will come up. Otherwise I would consider a blank basic and get a faceup done.

5. I'm considering to get a blank basic but I need to find a face-up artist who resides in Asia else the shipping cost to US is going to be a lot especially if I want it sent by EMS. Am waiting to get Marketplace access so that I can find a suitable artist. So for the time being I'll just have to wait for a Limited Chocolat since it would be a better deal as well :) let's see how it goes!

6. Okay, I think I found the right thread this time. I just discovered this company and I'm in love with ShaSha I'm waiting for her to be re released if she ever is :kitty2

7. Is it the Holiday Child ShaSha you're talking about? She's a MSD size, so is found in the Mini doll discussion section RosenLied discussion part 1 | Den of Angels However that thread is very quiet, for some reason RL dolls don't seem that popular on DoA. If you like the Holiday size, Luts have just released a very similar doll too.

8. Are the Holiday Child dolls hard to play with? They look rather chunky but I do love Mignon a lot.

9. I love holiday's child
      It is what got me first into 1/4
      I was swearing I would not buy bigger then 1/6

My frd even got into bjd becoz of holiday
      She swears she would never buy one before

Holiday is quite heavy
      I don't have other sizes to compare but I have soom dolls and they ar so relatively light...

But when u dress them up
      I think they look nicer than other 1/4 because the body help display the clothes better~

10. Reviving to post a photo of my boy Rán, a Tuesday's Child Melody. Such a shame RosenLied dolls don't seem popular around here, they're such lovely dolls. I have a Wednesday's Child as well and adore him, I'd love to get more!

[​IMG]

11. I think the people that own RL dolls still like them but maybe they have had them for awhile and already showed them off and moved on to other types of dolls or don't collect all together. I have 11 Rosen Lied dolls and was thinking of selling some but then looked at which to sell and it seemed like I was parting with a child. They are all limited some with the original clothes on, some I put the clothes they came with away and put some more RL limited outfits on for a change. I even changed the wigs and eyes on some but still have kept all the things they came with. I don't believe in buying these dolls and leaving everything in the packages in the box with the possibility of selling in the future. Everything is perfect but not in unopened plastic bags. Why buy if you are not going to enjoy them. I keep them in a room I spend a lot of time in but I keep the blinds closed 99% of the time.

While I enjoy my dolls I have, I don't feel like I need any more. 11 is enough for me. They all have a similar look to them. While I was in my Rosen Lied buying spree, I felt I needed all the ones that I liked and getting them at the wee hours of the morning was kind of a game. It did get kind of expensive.

12. I have a question resin actually. Since all resin turns yellow over time, wouldn't a normal skin doll end up looking more yellow than a white skin doll, because there was already yellow pigment in the normal skin tone? Or is white skin somehow more susceptible to greater yellowing?(Or, alternately, do people simply notice the yellowing in white skin dolls more because they were so light-colored initially?)

13. Your doll is BEAUTIFUL! I love Rosenlied dolls too! I have 2 Tuesday's Child, 1 boy and 1 girl, and two Monday's Child, 1 boy and 1 girl.

14. Thank you so much~ :)

They're great aren't they? Ooh, how cute. Do you have any photos of them?

15. OMG, yes, there are still people collecting RL, though my purchasing has slowed--I have a Holiday Child on layaway right now, actually. :D

We have, well, a whole row of Mondays, a few Tuesdays and a couple of Wednesdays. This will be the first Holiday Child who comes home.

Does NS yellow differently than WS? Well, it can, though looking over our RL collection, it's not as bad as some companies I have seen (keep your older Luts NS out of direct sunlight, trust me). But there are a lot of factors, including if it's a 'yellow-based' NS or a 'pink-based' NS (check Dollzone's yellow skin versus pink skin for an idea of what I'm talking about). So RL isn't as pinky as some resins, so it should have less fade, if that makes sense? They've been pretty stable for us.

.hlp

16. OMG - have you guys seen the new Holiday Child?

[​IMG]

She isn't available yet but I'm already kicking myself for ordering a doll last week because she's PERFECT. :love

17. Yes I did see PomPom and agree she is adorable. I also love Ribbon but they will only offer her in limited edition not basic.
      I still love Rosenlied dolls, but trying to not buy as much.
      Rosenlied's white resin is lovely. It is a creamy white with pink tones. So far no yellowing. :)

18. PomPom is adorable! It's great when a basic is perfect! I just ordered a Petite Dahlia from Dollmore, so I think I will be happy with my current Holiday Child family for a while!

19. No new RosenLied's for me but I have been fixing up my current boys (Wednesday's child got a new wig, he looks so much better. No photos yet though).

Meanwhile I decided to edit a few more of Rán's photos. He's such a sweetie~ :3nodding:

[​IMG]

20. My favorite doll
      [​IMG]