1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

RosenLied discussion part 1

Apr 27, 2011

1. I made a little comparison with my Heidi's wigs (she is a Miu with Nomyens face up), I hope it will be helpful. :)
      Wigs:
      Leekeworld LR-154 Real Carrot
      For My Doll LL-1093G Grey purple (9-10 inch)
      For My Doll L-1114 Baby pink (8-0 inch)
      Luts DW-21 Mix Milkytea Brown (9-10 inch)
      Crobidoll CRWL-70 Gradation Cream (9-10 inch)
      Rosenlied RWH-005 Short roll wig Lovely blond
      All fits well, I am using a luts silicon wig cap.

[​IMG]

2. Hello everyone! :) Will be getting my first Rosen Lied doll soon. However, if I may ask, is the The One line dolls of RL limited? I saw one that caught my eyes on their website but unfortunately, he's already sold out :/

3. Rosenlied announce when they're going to release 'The One' dolls and they are literally that - unique one-off dolls and you need to be super quick to buy one as they usually sell immediately.

4. I wanted to order a Miu at some point, but not sure how I feel about the one available this time. :3 Might have to wait for the next Miu release.

5. Considering the The One dolls, the sculpts themselves aren't as limited as the design of the doll. So with much luck you might actually get the same sculpt, but you can't get the same outfit/wig/face-up combination which The Ones came with.

6. I think those ("The One") sell out really fast. There is a Miu that is just Limited though, and not only to one. But I'm just not a huge fan of the face up or the outfit on her. So I guess that means I have to wait for another Miu to come along D:

#346 wherethelilacsbloom, Apr 23, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    7. Hello! Thank you so much everyone! :3 I actually don't have much clue on RL's The One line, I wish I could get one in the future :'((

8. I got another questions RL people XD
      @Sharkyra so if ever I bought a The One line without the clothes, wig etc. it's just considered as a non limited doll? Something like a basic doll?

9. Each sculpt is given a name, like Momo, Cherry, Cosette. Each mold can be released as a basic doll with a simpler faceup and outfit, as limited with a fancier faceup and outfit which are credited to a specific artist, and "The One" editions that are similar to limited dolls but only one doll is made.

Basics are usually usually open editions or available for a limited period.

Limited editions have a specified number of dolls available.

The One is only one doll.

If you search for Cosette, you can see that she as been released in The One three times, as a limited twice and as a basic.

#349 nancy_schroeder_ca, Apr 25, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    10. I think Nancy already answered this question in a perfect way, but to put it simply: yes. If you bought a formerly The One doll on the marketplace without her clothes/wig/face-up she would be considered a "basic doll".

11. I'm thinking of getting a Rosen Lied doll too. They are so cute. I wish more pictures will be posted here.

12. I also wish that more photos of Rosenlied dolls were posted! So here is my new arrival from the Marketplace: Holiday's Child Bebe.

Bebe is wearing a jumper and blouse/slip I made from a pattern for Kaye Wiggs MSD dolls by Trentsation (Etsy). I am still searching for the perfect shoes for her 55mm by 25mm feet. Her wig is a size 8/9 Monique Ginger Brown Hannah and her eyes are 16mm German paperweight glass.

[​IMG]

13. Bebe looks great Therese52! Beautiful sewing :) It is nice to know Trentsation patterns will fit out HC girls, too. Did you use MeiMei size or the regular size?

14. @Therese52, Cute dress! Nine9 Style MSD shoes fit them well.

15. I used the regular Trentsation MSD pattern size. I thought I would need to shorten the dress hem, but I preferred the full pattern length.

16. Wasn't DOLK previously a dealer for RL? I was disappointed to see that they aren't any longer, at least, not that I can find. Was going to throw a Wednesday's Child into my next DOLK order. :(

17. I have not been on DOA discussion threads for awhile. I am delighted to see this thread a little more active. I was also reading the Baby Delf thread and find it so interesting that it is much more active than this one. Personally I think Rosenlied Holiday doll face ups are much prettier and I prefer the body sculpt too. Does anyone know why Baby Delf is more popular?
      I recently got LE Miu and love her. Will post pictures soon.

18. I think there is a lot of discussion of new dolls. Some of the interest may be the old reputation of Custom House. And I think some people may have given up on Holiday's Child because they were so hard to get for a while. Time will tell! I do want to see your LE Miu!

19. I wonder why RL has make it so hard to get their Holiday dolls? :(

Hope it is okay to post two photos. I have forgotten the rules. Nancy, you remember I was not sure about getting her.
      I am so happy I made that decision. They are sold out now.

[​IMG]

#360 Oliveoil, Aug 4, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 12, 2016