1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

RosenLied discussion part 1

Apr 27, 2011

1. Thank you! Will do, Oliveoil!, as soon as I can get some good light.
      I was really lucky to get her; I checked the Rosenlied site a few days after her release and saw she was for sale again, so I pounced. I'm really glad I did.

2. You were lucky! Perfect timing, it was meant to be! :)

3. bijoux7961, yes I got her last week :) I am normally not the MSD-type, so I was a bit unsure if I would like her, but when I removed her facemask, my first spontaneous squeal was "SO cute!!!" It was love at first sight ;) She is absolutely beautiful, everything about her. At first I planned to change her face up (I only bought the limited version cause she was/is still not released as basic), but Kana did such a lovely job on her that I am now thinking to keep it.
      The only woes I had was with her wig (lots of wool clumps at the end of the strands which I finally cut off) and the corset is too tight, I cannot close the upper snaps. But as Rosen Lied already said, Wednesday Child is full of woe ^^ Very minor issues regarding her overall quality and beauty as a fullset.

Now I am thinking about different clothing - since I am a total noob regarding MSDs, which clothes will fit her? For Unoas? Minifees? Iplehouse BIDs? I have no clue. Anyone knows? Thank you :)

4. Ashemanu, I'm so glad you like your French Rose too! This is my first Kana face-up (I have several Mondays and Tuesdays) ever, and I am just delighted with it. Sooooo, beautiful! I would keep it if I were you.

My wig has a little clump in one area on the end, which I have been fluffing out successfully so far to hide it, and I found I could not close the corset either. So, I took it off and I liked the outfit just fine. The sheer top is in keeping with the sexy "cancan" look anyway. Eventually I will attempt to put the outfit together without the top and see if I can snap the corset then. Oh, and a word of caution: watch out for the stockings and stains. I had my Rose in her limited outfit for just two weeks and found there were a couple of spots on the ankles that were stained. Fortunately I took them off successfully with rubbing alcohol.

Currently, my Rose is wearing a new limited outfit that arrived just yesterday. I finally have pictures, so I will post in a bit. I haven't posted a picture in a while and have to figure out how to do it again.

5. Okay, this thread needs some action. Here is a picture of my new French Rose:

[​IMG]

6. :aheartbea She's absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!! I have no idea why Rosenlied dolls aren't as popular as others on DoA as they are such stunning dolls and outfits

7. I agree kayjay!
      French Rose is so much prettier in person! I liked her on the site, but I really like her now! Congratulations!

8. Thank you, kayjay and Oliveoil!
      I know what you mean; Rosenlied dolls are absolutely wonderful. I just don't understand why they are not as popular as some other dolls either.

Here is another picture. As in the photo above, she is wearing the lovely limited outfit by Uyuchagongbang that is still available. The pictures on the site don't do it justice. And I love the hat. I swear it's modeled after one I've seen as part of a French regional costume--from either Normandy or Brittany, I think.

[​IMG]

9. Ashemanu, I have clothes for Souldoll MSD Soulkids that fit French Rose quite nicely. She definitely has the measurements of some slim MSDs. MiniFee clothes might be too tight in the bust. I'm not sure about Unoa clothes; I'd really like to know, though. Iplehouse JID clothes would be too loose.

I sure hope RL offers some shoes for the high heel feet someday.

10. Yes she can wear a lot of slim MSD. It surprised me how many things she can wear. EmmaJean can wear Ellowyne clothes! I believe she can wear MNF too.
      I am looking forward to basic Jerome!

BTW, she looks lovely in that outfit. The hat is so pretty. If they offer high heel shoes they better offer the feet! :) My girls have the flat feet.

11. Thanks, Oliveoil. I'm a total sucker for Uyuchagongbang's designs. My doll has the high heeled feet (though I think she came with extra flat feet parts). So far, Rosenlied has sold separately shoes for flat feet only.

And thanks for that information about clothes. I didn't know that Ellowyne clothes were a fit.

I love the Jerome sculpt--and Arcas too. I see that a limited Juniper is still available. I've had my eye on him ever since he came out. Such a handsome face, and I love the GiGiker outfit. I'm not wild about the wig just because I'm not a fan of long hair on guys, but my girl could wear it. I'm soooo tempted ...

12. bijoux7961, your Rose is lovely! Such a pretty girl :D I see you use the original wig too. I tried some others on her, without bangs, but she always demanded her old wig back!

I saw some nice clothes for MNF here on the marketplace and wondered if they might fit. I had ordered a Dollheart MSD outfit for her which will arrive soon, their clothes fit my Souldoll MSDs nicely, so I hope it will fit her too.

I know which Juniper you mean - I looked at him quiet often too ;)

13. Ashemanu, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Yes, I love her original wig. I liked it from the start, and then it really grew on me. I did buy one of the Elegance wigs, but I haven't tried it on her yet.

Thanks for the tip about the Dollheart MSD outfits.

I might ask RL if they'd allow me to put Juniper on layaway. My Rose needs a male buddy or boyfriend.

14. My little Flana:

[​IMG]

She is among the smaller MSDs I have noticed, the Dollheart outfit is almost too big for her. I am almost sure that MNF outfits would fit her!

15. Ashemanu - she's beautiful :aheartbea I'm hoping to get a Weds girl soon and she looks like she'll display well with my Narae (on an Aquarius doll body) and Minifee, she looks more comparable with slim mini rather than standard msd.

16. Ashemanu: She is lovely! I am down to 2 MSD...RL Wednesday Daisy and Flora. I love them both. It is amazing how slim they are.
      Jerome is tempting but I tend to lean toward the Tuesday size, so will be good for now.

17. I am really liking the girl Jerome, and RL are offering layaway for her. I wouldn't know whether to go for normal or white skin though, my Tuesday girl is white skin which is beautiful but I do like the promo pic of Jerome which I *think* is normal.

18. Thanks kayjay and Oliveoil :) I just bought the curly blonde wig for her, I saw her with that wig on RL's blog and it looked lovely! Hopefully it will look lovely on Flana too ^^

The girl Jerome IS pretty :D I am happy that they offer layaway now, but it also adds to the temptation! WS will get darker over the time, after a few years it is a rather nice color (at least with my girls).

19. I know, i can't decide if layaway is a good thing or not!! I do want to end up with two RL girls, so I'm tempted to order NS Jerome and then wait for a limited WS to come along that I fall in love with.

20. Ashmemanu: Do you have the RL blog site? I would love to follow it.

kayjay: I am right there with you on Jerome! I have posted this before but here is EmmaJean (Flora). I like the Limited in white skin and the basics in normal. Emma is normal. I am concerned that Jerome looks similar to Emma. What do you think?

[​IMG]