1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Roserin Doll (previously Cozydoll & Pixydoll)

Apr 20, 2011

1. I was wondering, did anyone else order any Pixydoll heads from the Cozydoll anniversary event? ^^

2. Holy smokes, this boy is beautiful!

I did a search for Roserin on Den of Angels and can't find anything but the announcement for the head sculpt that was just released called Dino. Anyone know anything about them?

Looks like they're only selling his head, so if you know what body he's got or what resin matches or body fits nicely, please post some info. I'm also really digging his wig! Do you recognize it from anywhere?

I wasn't planning on getting another doll for quite some time, but he is so tempting! And the price isn't bad, though I didn't see whether or not they said a faceup was included.

3. If it helps, this is the same artist that previously worked under the name "Pixydoll" and then "Cozydoll". Looks like the body the Growth version Dino head is on might be a Volks SD17 boy body?

I love the look of the head, but I already have the original (young) and sleepy versions of Dino. I don't know if I could justify getting this head, too, especially since the older look wouldn't really suit my girl. ^^;;

4. No! I'm actually pretty new to the hobby. I got my first doll 3 years ago but I'm still very unfamiliar with companies and even dolls and doll part sizes. >_>;

So does this person have an actual site? I didn't see any other dolls listed. Do you say young doll meaning the head was meant for a smaller doll's body?

He's really beautiful and I'm interested in getting him but I've never bought a head from one company and a body for it from another. That's a little intimidating to me. Their ordering system is also weird. Like it says open from July through March, but then it says ordering will be split into 3 periods, and the first is only 3 days? Maybe I misread.

5. Cozydoll + Pixydoll database. Not much there, though -- you'd probably do better just searching the forum for "pixydoll" and "cozydoll".

Apparently Roserin is the new site. The previous Pixydoll and Cozydoll sites were very similar in format and ordering style. She's sculpted a number of different heads, including a few for larger companies, but the ones she released herself tend to be pretty rare. (And her previous sites were taken down, so there's not much evidence there, either...)

And yes, the original Dino head was meant for an Volks SD13 body, although I personally use mine on an Volks SD body. (Basically -- SD < SD13 < SD17 as far as height and intended age.) This new Growth sculpt is meant to be what Dino would look like if he were older, hence the recommendation for using a taller, more mature body.

Mixing and matching companies can be weird at first, but with small "companies" (which are really more like "one or two people doing all the work") like Roserin, it's a necessity. There are tons of threads all over DoA with resin and body comparisons, tips on what goes with what, and other information.

I would guess that Roserin's Growth Dino head will probably work best with Volks normal skin SD13, SDGr, or SD17 boy bodies, but that's based on my experience with Pixydoll.

6. Thanks so much! That's incredibly helpful. Your dolls are gorgeous. I just love the sculpt in each style and size. @_@

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around one-man operations. I think IOS works the same way so it makes things tough when ordering periods and quantities of dolls are extremely limited.

Thanks for all the links and images and tips!

7. I'm kind of surprised. Yuna closed her Cozydoll website down last month becuase of personal issues - it hadn't been around long before that. Now she's starting over again with a new name and website? Why go back to blog format when the new Cozydoll webiste had a much more user friendly shopping cart/check out system? There must be a reason behind it, but I don't know what. There was this one new head on the Cozydoll website that I kind of wanted - but figured he would be around for awhile, being a 'basic'. When the website suddenly shut down, I hoped it would be temporary and that thye'd be back. Now I have this feeling we won't ever be seeing the Cozydoll sculpts again. ><

8. Yeah, I'm not crazy about using her blog to order from but I went ahead and did it anyway. XD He's irresistible.

9. I am just really happy that she is returning and is selling Dino! I really liked the young first Dino > <

10. Same here! Except ordering through blogs kind of makes me nervous! ^ . ^;
      Seems like she will be taking orders until March 28th so I have plenty of time to make up my mind...

11. Can anyone identify the outfit she's got him wearing? It looks great!

12. Outfit is confirmed to be a Roserin creation. They'll be on sale next week on her site for just 3 days. I'm considering getting it but Soom's got a limited outfit I like a lot better. XD Anyway, I got my Dino yesterday.

[​IMG]

I contacted the person running Roserin to ask what body she had the head on, and she refused to tell me. :\ I'm pretty irked about it, since she wouldn't be losing any money by answering the question, when she's not selling bodies herself. But you're right, Valentine, it is a Volks SD17. I was able to Google it. ^^ That's not something I'm likely to find, so even though I love his hands, I'll probably go with a Doll Leaves body for him. They seem to be a really close resin match.

13. Do they have an english site?

14. Her blog is in both Korean and English. Her English is awful though. But I speak Korean so if there's something specific you can't make out, let me know and I can translate.

15. I thought I would never get a chance to get a Sevy, kinda very very happy I might be able to get him next week!!
      I'm really not a fan of all the name changing for this artist, but I love her heads so much!

16. I just checked out their site. OMG Sevy is gorgeous!!!! I plan to order him next week :D
      Wonder which body would be a good resin match for him.

17. I wonder if they match volks as well as crobidoll (since some of their heads were made by roserin) ?
      Though I do not think they are made by the same company, it would be great :O!

I'll wish very hard since Sevy will be my Lance's twin > A<

18. It would be great if they match Crobi, I love their boy bodies! Is it possible to ask Roserin about resin match? How's their customer service/communication???

19. So, has anyone else ordered Sevy yet? I noticed he was on sale today. I think that's the most money I've ever paid for a blank head, but I've always wanted a Sevy (despite already having a Lance and DD Lance). I hope I can get a slot with the face-up artist I want once I get him! Now I need to decide what body to get...