1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosetta-doll Discussion

Mar 17, 2012

1. Excuse the AWFUL eyes... but here is my Zio with his default face up. It's a LOT darker than I had expected which had... quite unexpected results character-wise.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/129/3/8/38564d1cf93b4bd3d3a49cbe175aec3e-d4z25y1.jpg

SO... here's the story. This is NOT Charity. Not anymore apparently lol I had two arrivals here at the house today and they were my Zio and my IoS Anos. My characters have YET AGAIN surprised me!

This head was meant to be for my character Charity - however, as I fiddled around with it and tried to style it, Yuujirou kind of claimed his head... yep. SO. Meet new!Yuuji... he's claimed my Zio. He was meant to be an IoS Anos... but sometimes life throws you curveballs. 8D Really pretty curveballs.

He's on an SDF body here. I also had him on a DZ72cm body and he looked even better - but unfortunately Yuujirou isn't that tall. He'll be moved off to a POPOdoll body once it arrives here at the house. ^__^

2. :o:o omgoodness he is so gorgeous!! his facecup is so beautiful!!
      I think next time I will get Rosetta's faceup ;)

Very interesting how you changed the characters, but that happens with my dolls too.
      Sometimes you have to see the doll in person before you 100% decide the character.

How is the resin and body match with the SDF body?

3. I'm actually not sure because both my SDF and my JDF bodies are yellowed and I photoshopped this one to match. HOWEVER my housemate has a brand spanking new JDF (received only two weeks ago). I will put his head on that body tomorrow and take a comparison shot for you! I'm pretty sure it's quite close to the unyellowed SDF/JDF

And no it wasn't so much I switched them.. since I was pretty set on who they were - it just so happened I couldn't really style Charity right and I was getting pretty frustrated. By happenstance I tried Yuuji's wig on and well.. basically I couldn't see Charity anymore. Yuuji basically stole his head and instead of being who I wanted, my character chose this head instead of the Anos head I had for him XD;; There's just something about the face shape and eyes I think.. it just became Yuuji all on its own XDD

4. Ahh~ I see xD Well Yuuji looks great!

I can't wait to see what else Rosetta comes up with!

and yes thank you, I would appreciate the comparison ^^

5. gridbug would you also be willing to take pictures of your Zio head on the DZ72cm body?

6. Okay back with comparisons!

This is on the JDF. He's SUPER bobble headed on it. But it's a perfect resin match in RL and photographed.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/gridbug/BJD/on-JDF.jpg

This is on the DZ72. I love him on the broader body. It's much nicer than even SDF. I really think this is a head suited more to the 65+ to 70cm range of bodies rather than SD13. The resin match is a LOT more off IRL compared to this photo, but that said this is also a yellowed NS-Y body. You'd have better luck with an NS-P I believe? But don't quote me on that. Unfortunately I don't have an NS-P to compare it to and the DoT body I have is several years old and not that great for comparison, either. Anything that matches Luts SDF/SSDF/JDF normal will work though ^__^

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/gridbug/BJD/on-dz72.jpg

I hope this helped in some way?

7. Thanks gridbug. I'm really liking the Zio head, not that I need another floating head in my house. >_<

8. Welp, I was at class all day and missed the delivery, so I'll have to pick my Zio up from the post office some time tomorrow.

@ gridbug: The default faceup is beautiful, but it does look darker than it did in the company photos. It's a surprise your doll plans did a complete turnaround, but that happens sometimes, and there's really not much you can do about it once they make up their minds. XD I love how you styled Yuuji, especially his grey eyes! And thanks for the comparison photos. I like the slender proportions on the DZ72. ^_^

9. Cloudedmind: glad I could help add something to your wishlist XDDDD

Shien: I'm actually curious to see if your default is lighter. I think the main reason they did a turn around is because of the face up, to be honest. I couldn't really get Charity to come out through it like I thought I would based on the softer, lighter pictures I saw on Rosetta's site. However Yuuji isn't that soft and well... he seemed quite happy to take the head for his own XD

I quite like the colour - but I hate the fact they're acrylics. I'm going to have to get some nice glass ones that colour for him. Like a steel blue colour.

Also, I do love the proportions of him on a bigger body. To me, even on an SDF he looks a little big headed - which kind of irritates me, really XD I do have a POPO 63cm body that's on order for him and I'm wondering if the proportions might be out now. Then again, I do have other heads that can occupy that body if it doesn't work out so it's not that big of a problem.

I'm quite tempted to get something like a DZ65, Spiritdoll Proud or SSDF for him actually. Even a Crobidoll MLine would really suit his proportions (I only have those bodies in tan though - but I did try it and it suits the face really well).

10. Thank you for the comparisons gridbug ^^

I got a Spiritdoll elegance body for him.. I hope the proportions arent off > .< maybe I'll order an extra body soon just in case.

11. IsaCat:The proportions on the SD13 bodies should probably be all right. Personally I lean towards dolls with a slightly smaller head-to-body proportions since that's my taste (like Iple etc). Though saying that, anything in an SD13 that doesn't quite have the shoulders might not carry the head off as well as intended (again - just my impression, really).

I've not seen a spiritdoll elegance so I don't know if they're different to the SDF across the shoulders but I find that the SDF will work well with people who don't mind a slightly larger head or more stylised kind of doll. I'm looking forward to testing him out on the POPO 63 and 68 when they get to my doorstep. ^__^

12. I got faceup previews from the artist that that has my Zio on friday. I asked for a few minor changes, but when he's finished i'll show him here if anyone is intrested in seeing a non-default look?

Did anyone else order Yuha, out of curiosity? I had to get one. Seeing Zio first would have been my preference, but I went ahead anyway. I'm a sucker for those droopy 'tareme' eyes.

13. Sillypeach: I'd definitely like to see another non-default. ^_^

14. Argh, why did I come to this thread? x'D gridbug, your boy looks AMAZING, especially with that blue wig! I've been drooling over Zio for a couple of weeks now, and I feel so horrible for missing out on him. But I also like Harpas (not that much of a fan of Yuha), so I'm going to keep an eye on this company and see what other gorgeous heads they will release :)

15. Wow, gridbug, your boy is so handsome! I didn't expect Zio to be able to pull off unnatural hair colors, too! :O

I know I said I'd get comparison pics up, but work and school ended up getting crazier than I thought. Sorry about that, hopefully I'll have some downtime this weekend to do the comparisons! ;;;;

I just finished my Zio's faceup the other night. Still need to try wigs on him ;;

[​IMG]

16. Did comparisons with SDGr, SD17, DoD DoT, and Soom Super Gem today. Will do Ariadoll 18 and SD13 tomorrow.

On NS SDGr. Good proportion.
      [​IMG]

On DoT. Sorry about the clothes, this outfit takes too much effort to remove. ;;
      The neck is a bit too long and a little bobble-headed.
      http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8684/mg1099.jpg

On NS SD17. Perfect resin match, and I like this proportion for him. :)
      http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2008/mg1104.jpg

On WS Soom Super Gem. The neck is a little long, but the proportion of head to body is good.
      http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/282/mg1119y.jpg

Zio surprisingly has a very good range of head mobility on all these bodies! :O No problems looking up, down, left, right~

17. Here's my Zio with the finished faceup~! It's a very different look to the default:
      [​IMG]
      Rossetta doll 'Zio' by cosmosuchu, on Flickr

He has a smattering of freckles across his cheecks, and you can't see it clearly in this photo but the artist painted little veins on his cheeks and temples. I love him in the blue eyes, he looks so intense!

My Yuha (blank) arrived a week or two ago as well - he's surprisingly masculine in person (or prehaps, boyish is a better word to use) very very nice sculpt.

Rossetta also told me on their Q&A board that they will be releasing a new head this month (June). These guys work at lightning speed! I'm very curious to see what it ends up looking like.

18. Constance, your boy is very intense! And Sillypeach, the blue eyes you chose for your guy are really striking!:aheartbea

19. Constance, really like the turquoise eyes with your faceup!
      Sillypeach, looks AMAZING, I can't imagine how hard it was to draw all the veins and such.

[​IMG]
      http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8155/7455977786_09e39a7333.jpg

Klaus got his body! [SpiritDoll Elegance Body]
      It's slightly too small in my opinion. I think he would look better in 68cm+ body =]
      I have another body coming [Sadol STAR70 Body] so I will post pictures when that one arrives.

20. Isacat, he's really cute ><

I checked the Rosetta doll website today to see that everything has ben taken down and replaced with a single image. "Memoria line' - I wonder what this means?