1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Roxy - Yam - not very impressed.

Aug 9, 2006

1. Update - Today I got an email from Dollndoll apologizing and promising to send me the mini motorcycle.

:D

2. Interesting! So its all your fault! :lol:

I guess I should let them know that I'm not happy with the make up so they can tell the artist. I've ordered the Notdoll version of yam and I think I'll probably sell my dollndoll one in the marketplace. Maybe someone will really appreciate the heavy blush.

She's adorable, btw!

3. Yam's torso is quite a big bigger around than naripon. Yam's legs are quite a bit longer and the feet are thicker and wider, so I don't think the shoes will fit.

I don't have any Kelly clothes yet, so I can't say if they'll fit albeit tightly, on the Yam.

Maybe fatcat can tell you which clothes hers is wearing in the photo above.

4. The outfit she's wearing is a Kelly outfit and shoes.

5. I know you're not going to believe this but I swear its true! The two little girls shared the storage chest today and this is how they looked when I pulled the protective cloth of of them! :lol:

[​IMG]

6. giggles

Im thinking I am likeing Yam the more I look at her

7. That says it all! Life with a Pon, get used to it!
      Too funny!

8. Stop talking you stink!! LOL

[​IMG][/quote]

9. I just wanted to add that I have ordered from DollnDoll and they have always been responsive and receptive to questions and problems. I didn't have a problem, but I had a special request which they went out of their way to fulfill.

I think your little Yam is cute, too.She looks like one of those little kids with chapped cheeks--which I have often seen.

It is so true that professional sales photos often look different than the doll in person. Special lighting, posing in certain ways, all can affect the doll's look.

10. She is adorable, I also love the flushed cheeks. In China all the little babies look like that. I'm glad you are getting your scooter.

11. My Yam is starting to grow on me. I think when I get her some clothes she'll be super cute.

And you're right Stella, the cheeks do look like a toddler with her cheeks flushed from the cold.

Treelore, that's exactly what I was thinking! It reminded me of the naripon Moy who first made me fall in love with naripons. They're obviously a "gassy" bunch! :lol:

Pelicandeb, I see what you mean by lighting in photos. In the photo of Yam in the box her cheeks don't look quite so bright.

And tinybear, do you have a Yam? Any chance poor naked little yam will find some clothes to buy? :)

12. she is pretty close to PocketFairy size
      so anything for PocketFairys would be fine

I havent been able to sew for ages ..well anything thats not a wig LOL
      and some of my bears were featured in a Magazine , so I have had orders for those as well
      ..Im gonna have to start pulling some long days
      I have TreeLores commision in bits
      a TON of new wigs to make and 2 exhibitions in September ...and no bears

bring on the Coffee and Weight Watcher Toffee Fudge Swirl!...twitch twitch

I dont have a Yam ...Yet LOL ....did you notice the Yet ? LOL

13. My boyfriend and I considered going in on a Yam together for our anniversary, but that's today and it never happened, so I already spent the money on other things T_T But I still wondered if you'll really be selling her . . . I'm not crazy about her cheeks either but I think they could be fixed :)

14. Eeeek! A tiny with a SCOOTER! Aaaarrrrghhhhh! All my extra $$ is going for a people sized scooter right now (STELLA!) and now I have to see this little cutie on a tiny scooter............

Oh, I think the red cheeks are cute :) I'm sure with the right wig and outfit she will be adorable!

15. I loved that photo, thanks so much for posting it. I laughed out loud! :lol: Tiny Doll Farts for everyone!

*is Moy's owner* :daisy

16. You know, I ordered a second Yam from Notdoll and I was planning to sell this one, and then I thought, that was silly, I need to give her a chance to win my heart, so I changed my Notdoll order to another *gasp* Naripon! :lol:

I've made her a dress and as soon as I can figure out what I did with her wig, I'll take some pictures and see if she wins me over.

17. Which magazine tinybear? Miniature Bears?

I probably know you! I make miniature bears, but I've been out of it for quite a few years now. Now when I look at my tinies, I can't believe I had the patience (or the eyesight) to make them. But they are perfect for my tiny BJD's!

I've tried naripon wigs on Yam but they are too tight. They will fit if you really stretch them, but they are not quite right. It sounds like you are super busy! I guess my little yam will have to be patient... :)

18. Two Nari Pons?? You are very brave, Delicate Angel! Do you have industrial strength air freshener on hand?? I can just smell the showdown when they try to one up each other, lol

19. My roxy yam had sort of flushed cheeks. I thought she was pretty sweet actually!
      I just sold her because she was a bit more "baby-like" than I wanted. She was a sweet girl. She will be missed by me and all my other dolls. hehe.
      She fit most kelly stuff fine, including shoes. Here she is in a Kelly outfit, and a pic showing what she came with; white hair, naked doll, cute little round box with pillows inside and COA.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

If you want to see some more pics of her I have a small gallery at http://violetgardens.com/gallery/yamandminarrival/

20. She is just the cutest thing! I love that she looks like a baby-toddler. How sweet.