1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Roxy - Yam - not very impressed.

Aug 9, 2006

1. I really like her cute little mouth. Reminds me of Lucy's mouth. I know you started this thread because you were disappointed in her but I think you've actually recruited a few people over to the Yam club. You got me wanting one now.

2. My Yam is on the way! Hopefully next week, she is going to get here long before big sis Lucy who was ordered weeks before....

3. You poor thing! Are you still waiting for Lucy? Well, she is worth it! She makes a great big sister. I've forgotten which one you ordered?

My poor Yam is a baldy because (I think) I vacuumed her wig up! :roll:

4. Tee hee! That is funny... Poor little Yam, she is so unappreciated.:( Yes, I am still waiting for my Lucy. I ordered the Limited White Version (with the high cheek color) from DollnDoll, but the one they had for me was damaged so I have to wait while another is being made. I am hoping she will be here by September. Meantime, my little Yam is on the way (from NotDoll) so I am happy. I also received my shipment of clothes, shoes and wigs from Notdoll--they put little gifts in, too. I love that company!:D

5. Delicate Angel -

Maybe you would be happier with your Yam if she (he) had paler cheeks and more defined faceup. You could try to do it yourself, or see if you can find an artist that you like in the Marketplace.

Carolyn

6. That's a good idea. First I thought I'd do what tinybear suggested and temporarily "powder" her cheeks and see how I feel about her.

I recently got my first boy - YE from Orientdoll and I love him! He and Yam are about the same size so now I'm thinking that the redder cheeks will make it clear that yam's the girl. :lol:

7. Yeah, she is the "problem" child! :lol:

I am tempted to open up the vacuum bag to check for her wig, but I vacuumed up a BIG spider the other day. :ablah:

What clothes and stuff did you get from Notdoll? Was it for your yam?

8. The clothes, shoes and wigs were for Lucy and NotDoll threw in an extra wig and some cute little socks. I read on another forum that Notdoll will be coming out with more of the Lucy dolls with the same skin tone as the Kimono Lucy. I have written to DollnDoll, who I am still waiting for delivery on my Lucy, (or a time frame I can expect her), and asked them to cancel and refund my money. I hope they do cause at this rate, I would probably be better off waiting for the next issue from Notdoll!

9. There is a new Yam on NotDoll! THis one has the Crystal Rose skin, very cute.
      Argh, so many little cuties! I would love it if they came out with a different faced Lucy sized companion. I just love her sweet face. (And mine is on the way---finally!!)

10. Eeek I had better get sewing so you get your wigs!

11. Adding on to this thread, cause I just got my Yam from NotDoll. Now, NotDoll is great, they sent along lots of goodies with her, but I am a little disappointed. She is very cute, but her coloring doesn't match my Lucy from DollnDoll as well. I think I should have ordered the two of them from the same place. I love the high coloring that Delicate Angel didn't like! But she is still very sweet, I am just not having that instant, I'm in love, reaction I got with my Lucy. Yam seems much more sturdy in her body structure and she just doesn't seem as full of personality as her photos show. But I am sure she will grow on me--after all, SnitWillow did!

12. I can't believe Dollndoll still hasn't sent me my scooter for my Yam! I think I'll send them a reminder!

I felt the same way about Yam when I got her, toydogz. I'm still not crazy about her even after making her a dress and all. But she does look darn cute in her photos!

We could always consider a trade of our girls, you know. I named mine the other day hoping that would help me bond with her.

And I have looked everywhere and still cannot find her wig! I even put on gloves and looked in the vacuum bag! Ewwww!

Here's Misa in some naripon wigs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Aww, your little Misa is adorable. I especially like her in the blonde wig. She is a cutie! I posted lttle no-name in the Gallery, here is her link:
      http://209.59.173.169/forums/showthread.php?t=83946

14. Hey, guys:D I'm reviving this old thread to hopefully get some info on Yam:D I realize she is long sold out and never coming back but I hope to find one somehow. I'm hoping to see more pictures of her if possible in both the normal and tan skin tone. Also what clothes and shoes can she wear? I might be under some silly notion that she can wear kelly/shelly things, including the shoes. Either way I'd love to see her and hear more about her:D

15. Here is a picture of my Cocoa Baby Yam. She is so sweet looking!
      [​IMG]