1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

RS Bei VS BBB Bei... Help!

Jan 30, 2012

1. *sighs* We go through this a LOT in the discussion thread. There is only ONE Bei sculpt between RS and BBB, and it is a RS sculpt. Ordering through BBB or RS DOES NOT MATTER. BBB has odd descriptions sometimes, and that is one of them. Bei is NOT the same as Isabella, or March, or Ni, or Bao, or Pixiu. Isabella is NOT the same as March (most common mistake on ones that are not mis-labeled), or any of the others. Each of the sculpts ARE unique. The ONLY current dolls by RS or BBB that are the same head, with different ears or closed eyes are: Sprite, Espree, and Ariel for one set, Mei, Fei, and Ya, for another and Mai and Jun for the last. All in the Mini size.

It's just like BBB saying that Pixie and Tiah are twins. Both are BBB sculpts, but are NOT the same face. They're close, but not the same. And they're MUCH closer than Bei and Isabella are.

2. ROFL

It's also quite telling when we start to consider a $100 doll as being inexpensive!. LOL

aren't Rong, Li and Yao the same except for the ears? (please don't hit me!, lol)

3. Nope. Though Yao and Li are rather close. At least, from the photos I've seen. OH! Ming has a human eared counterpart, too! Seng? Sing? *goes to look* Seng! I'd forgotten that they finally actually released him! For a while there, people were being told to special order to get a human eared Ming, because while the sculpt and mold were both made, they hadn't actually put the human eared version on the site yet.

And from what I can tell from photos, Pixie's actual human eared counterpart was the limited edition Bobie, who I've only ever seen one clear photo of.

4. True..... So very true..... u_u;;;;
      Though, when one of my Grail dolls normally prices upwards of $1000 when he pops up for sale, it puts it in perspective. x_x;;
      I'm so glad to find relatively inexpensive things that I like in such a pseudo-expensive hobby!

---

Also, I really am sorry if I'm re-dragging up a discussion that's already happened. x_x;;;
      Wasn't trying to be annoying, really. I'm just over-paranoid at making my first 'from site order' purchase. x_x;;;

5. See? And I bought my Li without knowing that, LOL.

I've been wanting these dolls for years but the more expensive ones always came first! I'm so glad I finally ordered these dolls!

6. It's OK. It's usually people new to the companies that bring it all up. *shrugs* Being new to the company, how are you supposed to know it all? And there's never been a sticky, or anything, ever made with the info, and it gets lost every time there's a new thread started! Or else it gets lost when the thread gets more than a few pages in.

7. I hope my thread'll be easy to find in the search, that way maybe it'll be the last time it happens. ^_^;;;

Either way, I'm 99.6% sure I'll be ordering a Bei and a Yu next month, and probably a Bao eventually too, so.... At least all the searching through galleries helped me make up my mind. >>;;

HOWEVER..... That means I'll eventually be back to pester in the tiny thread, begging for help on where to get clothes/wigs for tiny dolls. x_x;;;

8. Yes, you're definitely over thinking it, Girl A. ^_^;;

You can email both Dennis at BBB and Sun at RS to confirm, but I promise you, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, there is only one Bei sculpt and you will get the same doll no matter where you order her from. A lot of what I'm going to list has already been said, but....

• BBB is parent company to RS. RS designs dolls, but BBB is the one that actually makes them all for both companies. That's why BBB sells both, while RS only sells their own. Whether you order from RS or BBB or some other distributor, BBB will be making your doll.
      • DenverDoll only recently separated the RS dolls from BBB dolls, that's why their image is labeled wrong.
      • When Bei was released years ago, BBB said she was like a twin to Isabella and this statement has caused so much confusion ever since...she is indeed similar, but definitely not the same doll to anyone who has seen both in person. It is also obvious in photos if you see them side-by-side.
      • There are a few dolls that are actually twins with ear changes--Ming/Seng, Sprite/Espree/Ariel, Mai/Jun, Mei/Fei/Ya, Elfkin/Nissa, and Moony/Sunny with one more of the tinies...
      • Yao and Li are definitely not the same--they are quite dissimilar. I have both and see no resemblance.
      • Yes, the site photos do lie. A lot. The dolls are actually much more fabulous in person! BBB/RS official images are notoriously bad.
      • Bei/Ni/Bao are all welcome in the BBB 27cm database--the title of that one should really be changed since it is indeed a combined database. You could make a separate database for just the RS dolls, but it will probably be merged by the mods as almost all BBB and RS threads all over the site are (except the waiting room threads).

You are certainly welcome to email Dennis and/or Sun with any questions you still have--they are both quite friendly and helpfully--there are a number of us BBB/RS regulars that are in pretty frequent contact with them.

Here are the galleries for my two Beis, if you're insterested in some more pictures before you buy.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v15/freque/piper/ Light tan Bei head and hands on BBB Isabella's body - ordered direct from BBB.
      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v15/freque/regan/ Normal skin Bei - ordered through DDE. Modded cheeks to be a little slimmer, eyes opened a little, and ears reshaped.
      And some of them both together:
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/freque/group/DSCN1599.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/freque/group/DSCN1575.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/freque/regan/DSCN4516.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/freque/regan/DSCN4506.jpg

9. Oh! Also....

Ayas, there is no sticky, no...but there is the wiki! It doesn't get enough love and there is lots of info there--at least on the pages people have actually worked on. >.>;

And Girl A, maybe you're having trouble finding pics of Bei because her name is only 3 letters long...Den of Angels won't let you search for 3 letter words. Bei is probably the most popular of the BBB/RS dolls in this size. Try searching phrases using quotation marks. "ResinSoul Bei" "RS Bei" "BBB Bei" should give you a good number of results!