1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugged Realism

Oct 10, 2019

1. I must own... a Gamma. DAMN IT. I said no more dolls. I SAID IT.

2. Anyone thinking about buying one of the new rugged realism dolls?

I think I fell for Erato :3nodding:

3. The only reason why I would pass this round is because I'm looking for 70cm+ type like her ABC series. I only found her after the sale and everyone was getting their boys :abambi: Either way, it is fun to see the artist refining her sculpts and posing her handsome beauties!

4. Oh dear! I just recently found out about this artist and her beautiful sculpts. I wish I would have found her earlier because that boy Omega is just to die for:whee: Wonder if she would re-open the ABC sculpts order again:)

5. @buacs she likely won't, as the master was destroyed partially after casting. So she would have to print, sand and prime it again. And I don't think the customers of the original release would all be happy about a rerelase, either, after all we were sold a very limited release that was never supposed to be sold again. I don't care for the value of the doll or such factors, but I enjoy owning dolls a lot of other people do not have, because it helps me bond.

Helene kindly asked me and presumably other customers too if in our opinion it was okay to make one of the new series' boys Tresno so close lookalike of Epsilon from the previous release. They're not all the same and are a different size so it's fine by me, but I still like to see completely new sculpts more (because I rarely buy two similar sculpts). I'm eagerly waiting for the release of Erato and Lamento, think I need to get both.

6. I´m happy that Tresno was able to be made - Epsilon was beautiful, but I could still pass on...however Tresno with his delicate jaw, lower-lip dip and proportionately bit larger eyes are just checking all the boxes for me :love

7. Sadly but quite understandable, guess I have to bet my luck on the new baby she is currently working on:cheer

8. I’m 100% in for geneo, I’ve been obsessed with the sculpt since I first saw Helene working on designing the face back in October.
      It’s also so crazy that she has the masters finally done for the rites of passage series!!!! I’m so excited!

9. despite wanting all of them... i have to narrow it down maybe... :lol:
      Lamento is my favourite, but will be hard to decide if i have to pick between the others for an additional head....

10. They truly are all so beautiful, and I'm incredibly impressed at Helene's hard work over the past few years to make this series happen. It makes me want to buy one just to support her.

The only problem is I don't have any pretty young men characters in my current stories. Hmm...plus it would be a hard choice between Lamento, Erato, and Tresno.

It's too bad the masters for the original series were damaged. It seems a shame for all her hard work on that sculpt to be realized only in one run of dolls (and after all, even if she did make more Alphabet men, they would always be "limited" and rare compared to bigger companies like Fairyland or Soom). But she seems to be looking forward to future projects, not back, so hopefully she's not disappointed about the first series.

11. yeah, I know I'll kick myself if I miss this pre-order for the rites of passage line. Luckily for me, Geneo basically captured a character I had been struggling to even draw so he was immediately on my wtb list. Even if I didn't have a character to shell though I probably would have made one for the doll considering how much I love it. But, I also am happy to make characters for sculpts if I fall for them enough.
      There's a part of me that also wants a Gemma head from the alphabet line but I understand that that's probably not going to happen considering how limited they all were.

12. @kiraabsol - Geneo has a wonderful unique look so I definitely understand having your heart set on him! That's so nice that he was able to embody a character you were trying to envision. Do you know what size you prefer (51cm or 65cm) and what skin color you would like for him (pale, tan, dark)?

You're right that some dolls are worth just creating characters for, regardless of whether they fit in or not. We'll see! I'm definitely watching for updates on the preorder.

Also, Helene has mentioned wanting to sculpt some female dolls, which I am really looking forward to. I'm sure they will be stunning!

13. Ahh I hope she sculpts some female dolls too. Considering how fast she started on her next project last time I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing hints of her next project in the next couple months so fingers crossed!! what kind of story are you working on?

I'm planning on getting the 65 cm version in pale skin! 50 cm dolls are great but I have a preference for 60 cm +. What about you? what are you thinking of?

14. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to see her female dolls! I’ve loved all her male dolls so far, and I’m very tempted by the upcoming collection, but as I primarily collect female dolls, I don’t think I’ll ever go for them. So yes, I’d love to own some of Helene’s art, and if she does end up making female dolls, that’s perfect for me! I’m especially excited because she’s one of those artists who I love a comparable amount to Natalia Loseva, and I’m hoping that if she releases a 1/4th scale girl I like that I may be able to finally fill that hyper-realistic mini void in my collection, especially because Helene’s pricing is more doable for me than Loseva’s is.

15. I've been gunning for Tresno ever since I first saw his WIP over a year ago! I really want one of the 50cm dolls, but they seem like an even bigger hassle to clothe than the 65s, so I'll settle for a 65cm version.

16. I'm getting Erato in tan. I've been wanting a ballerina boy, and he is a great fit. I kind of wish he was 70 cm, but oh well, 65 will do.

17. @kiraabsol - Right now I'm torn between Lamento, Erato, and Tresno (though leaning to the latter two) and probably a pale skin. But if she starts talking about girls, I might wait and save up! I would definitely go for the 50cm version. 60+ has amazing presence, but I've learned from experience (after handling Dollshe's 26F 65cm body) that it is too big and heavy for me.

I'm working on several stories right now (thank you for asking!) but I think an Erato/Tresno would probably fit in my 1800s story involving "resurrection men." I can see him as an innocent young medical student who has to struggle with the reality of death and whether to turn a blind eye to men like Burke and Hare or to put the future of medicine ahead of personal morality. I would enjoy sewing Victorian clothes for him :)

@mohnblumendolls - Natalia Lovesa's dolls are the top tier for me - absolutely beautiful (Yuy is probably my favorite!) but they are very expensive indeed (for me the kind of "too expensive to enjoy even if I owned one" type). But I hope to see more dolls of the same realism in the future, especially from artists like Helene.

18. I agree with your 'too expensive to enjoy' assessment of Loseva dolls, which is why I'm so looking forwards to the potential female Rugged Realism dolls! Helene's SD dolls cost about the same as Loseva's tinies, which gives me hope I could her afford mini-sized dolls if Helene ever releases dolls that small! I adore Epsilon from the Alphabet series, and Erato and Tresno from the Rites of Passage series, they have very delicate and innocent expressions. Between the (rugged) realism of her dolls and the expressions she favors, I can anticipate that I'll absolutely drool over a girl should she sculpt one.

#38 mohnblumendolls, Jun 9, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    19. It'll definitely be interesting to see what she makes next! Granted, I'm still so incredibly hyped for the upcoming pre-order. I swear that I'm checking her insta like 4 times a day for updates. I know that the pre-order is several months out still but I'm always hopeful for any new information.
      @StellaMarigold kind of like Herbert West - Reanimator (the classic story, not the modern movies)? Either way, I completely agree that 1800s style clothes really match the style for the dolls. Even in my sketches I noticed that I kept going for almost a regency era silhouette for clothes

20. I hope I won’t miss out on the new releases, really love Erato and Tresno.
      Does anyone have any review on the body of their Alphabet Series?
      I see there’s some changes she’s made on the rites of passage, seems to be better. I wish I could see all the details closer tho, since Instagram screen is a little bit small. I’ve notice their toes are not separate like her previous release, love those en pointe feet so much, loving the onion ring extra joints on the shoulder but they seems a little thin from what I can watch on her igtv

#40 dollfan, Jun 15, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2021