1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugged Realism

Oct 10, 2019

1. Hey Hey! I am good friends with Helene so I can clear up some common questions people may have. So the dolls from the Alphabet series will not be coming back. I know its sad (I wanted a gamma) but she definitely wants to keep moving forward in her projects.

She is currently preparing the website for new photos where everyone will be able to see the new models and bodies much better than instagram. But that wont be until preorder release information that's scheduled sometime in July if everything goes well. July is just for all the Preorder info and not the actual preorder. She has released some recent videos of some photos and videos showing off more of the body as well.

Right now we are waiting on resin color swatches from the caster. I am soooo excited to see everything! I am personally wanting to purchase a 65cm Erato!

As for her next projects... there's a loooot. :lol: So I don't exactly know what direction she is going to want to go with first! She definitely has been talking about making twins (boy/girl). You can see a few basic sketches of them on her instagram as well.

I hope this is helpful!

#41 AkioMoichi, Jun 22, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    2. @AkioMoichi Thanks for that information! I was despairing finding any pictures of all the molds on Instagram and was hoping for a website where everything is easier to navigate :)

Do you know how that preorder will work? I am praying not like a race where everything is sold out in two minutes.

3. Preorder will take place on her personal Rugged Realism website just like last time. There will be a limit for dolls. Helene is only one person and not only does she have 5 different heads this time, she also has them in 2 different sizes. So they will indeed be limited to a certain amount.

4. Ah, thank you for all this information!
      I hope I can get my order in :eusa_pray

5. Does anyone know what the limit for doll orders were for her ABC series preorder?

I knew that she had limited the ABC series preorder and was wondering if I could get a general idea of how many slots may be available for the next preorder.

6. she had a limit of 25 fullsets available, fullsets in this case being a doll body + head but you could order 4 heads for every body I think. Heads were not sold separately at all though. I have no clue how many will be available this time around, I just know I'm going to be watching for the minute they go up

7. Thanks for the info, @AkioMoichi :) Really excited for the preorder to eventually open up, whenever that may be.

I’ve been eyeing Aquilo myself, the 65cm version specifically ahaha..I’m not sure I’m prepared for how much he’s going to hurt my wallet. Crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to snag one for this first preorder. :eusa_pray I’m planning on this being one of my last big doll purchases for the foreseeable future (I know, famous last words lmao, but I already got nearly 30 dolls!).

@Fuailei I found this post on the Wordpress site! Looks like it was 25 full doll sets. (and ahaha looks like kiraabsol beat me to the punch as I was writing :lol:). Definitely makes me a little nervous about how limited these dudes will be since I imagine Helene has garnered far more attention since the ABC boys released. I know I didn’t know about her work until after people were getting their dolls and she’d already began works on the Rites of Passage dolls.

8. I unfortunately cant tell you how many slots yet but that's mainly because she keeps bouncing around with how many she wants to do. She is unsure at the moment. But! I can tell you that there will be heads sold separately. There will be full sets and then Single heads for sale. You can't just buy bodies though. I believe she will announce when the Preorder will launch in the info shes going to drop sometime in July.

9. Well that sucks. I was really hoping to order one of these but if it'll only be a low number like 25, especially if its across both sizes, I'm guessing she really will only sell them to her friends like she mentioned she might. She also mentioned she would do multiple preorders for the current series but I guess I should assume that won't be true either.

10. @kiraabsol Thanks for the information as well!

@Singull Thanks a ton for finding the Wordpress link! It put into perspective the cost and slot limitation of the preorder.

This forum has really provided some good information. It definitely makes me nervous as well if there is limited spots, but its also great that so many people are interested in her dolls.

@AkioMoichi Thank you for informing us that there might be heads available to be bought separately.

11. I'm also pretty worried I won't be able to get one with how low the preorder numbers were last time. It seems like there's a lot of interest here alone! Great for Helene, bad for us with slow internet connections lol.

12. Yeah I’m hoping she has at least double the amount she released last time but who knows

13. @xyuemoto From what I understand, one of the reasons the ABC guys never got another preorder was because the masters got destroyed in the casting process? I could be mistaken on that though (and I’m currently feeling too lazy to peruse her IG posts lmao). :sweat Sounds like she’s looking into a different caster to me, so that might not be an issue and there could potentially be more than one order period? We’ll just have to wait until July to see what’s what! Crossing my fingers that we have more than one preorder to freak out about. :lol:

So any of y’all have any serious plans for the boys you’re hoping to get a hold of? Or waiting until you’ve actually secured an order to start imagining the possibilities? :XD: I have nothing concrete myself other than I lowkey want him to have messy hair and he’ll likely be like my Souldoll/Narae hybrid and almost always be wearing his pointe feet.

14. @Singull
      I have no plans yet! It's gonna be one of those things where he arrives and I just wing it. Lolol For me it's hard to imagine how you will style a doll when you've been looking at them balled and naked for the passed few years. :XD::XD: It's like it becomes part of their identity.

I wanted to make a poll to see which of the 5 heads everyone is most interested in. But im new to this website so I have no idea how to go about it or if it's allowed.

15. I have had a plan since I first saw them, so I'm hoping desperately that I can make an order. It's a young version of one of my other dolls and I've never seen a doll that would suit better though I've looked...a lot, especially the body. I've fallen in love with 3 of the heads. So it would be soooooo amazing to make him! :chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart

Oof, I'm getting really nervous now.

16. Well, I must say it makes me very happy to see so many people interested in these dolls! I don't really collect male dolls (I have some I want to make myself but that's because they are specific characters who don't really fit available sculpts), but I was considering ordering one of these guys because they look so nicely engineered and because I want to support Helene's hard work. However, since there is so much interest, I'll probably end up waiting for a female sculpt! I'm excited to see what she works on next!

Edited to add @AkioMoichi - a poll would be very interesting! Although they're all so nice, it's very hard to choose. I think I lean to Lamento/Tresno (Tresno's only "flaw" in my eyes is that he has an open mouth, which I usually don't prefer, but the shape of his eyes and nose are just lovely so that makes up for it). Geneo, however, has one of the prettiest mouth sculpts I have ever seen, so he's hard to resist as well.

17. Does anyone know how to start a poll??

18. I believe polls can only be added when creating a thread, but I could be wrong as I've never actually tried to make one... :sweat

For myself, I am interested in Erato, Lamento, and Tresno.

19. I am curious to see what the common favorite sculpt is in the new Rites Of Passage series!
      I am a big fan of Erato and Aquilo myself.